KORG Collection sale - up to 50% off

ALC

I used my M1 Le code to buy M1.   Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.  I'm glad it didn't, because otherwise I would have spent $149 and I don't have time to use these instruments now. 

I have the complete Arturia, most of the UVI synths, all the Komplete, Omnisphere, all the AAS,  Falcon, HALion, and most of Syntronik.  And all kinds of other terrific synths, including Pigments, Synthmaster, and M1.  I have all the things that come with IK Total Studio 3.5.

I also have a fully functional demo of Triton.  If I just want to play around with it, I can.  It's possible that the others are available too. 

I'll probably pull the trigger on this someday, but I can wait.

I know this is sacrilegious here, but how many synths do I need?  😩 I kinda feel like I have my hands full.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I used my M1 Le code to buy M1.   Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.  I'm glad it didn't, because otherwise I would have spent $149 and I don't have time to use these instruments now. 

I have the complete Arturia, most of the UVI synths, all the Komplete, Omnisphere, all the AAS,  Falcon, HALion, and most of Syntronik.  And all kinds of other terrific synths, including Pigments, Synthmaster, and M1.  I have all the things that come with IK Total Studio 3.5.

I also have a fully functional demo of Triton.  If I just want to play around with it, I can.  It's possible that the others are available too. 

I'll probably pull the trigger on this someday, but I can wait.

I know this is sacrilegious here, but how many synths do I need?  😩 I kinda feel like I have my hands full.

You're missing PhasePlant, and the ones from u-he 😜

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, ALC said:

Check on your account on korguser.net.

I see the following: https://www.korguser.net/asp/coupon.asp

For Current Users of KORG Legacy Collection:

Announcement of Server Migration Accompanying Partial Termination of Service

We will soon be migrating our server to KORG ID and KORG Shop along with the partial termination of service of KORG USER NET. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to KORG Legacy Collection users. We request that you follow the instructions on the page below to complete the migration procedures. Using the coupon code which will be issued, you will be able to switch from the KORG Legacy Collection series to KORG Collection free of charge.

If you own the KORG Legacy Collection - Special Bundle, please complete the entire product registration at KORG USER NET. Please note that coupon codes for the Special Bundle will not be issued if registration is not completed.

* If not compatible with the operating requirements of KORG Collection for Mac/Win, please use the KORG Legacy Collection series. We will continue to provide services regarding register product and re-issue license code.

[Migration Procedure]

* In order to proceed with the purchase procedure at the KORG Shop, input of coupon code is required. Also, although the price will be displayed, it will become free by entering the coupon code.

Acquire the coupon code from this page.

Visit the dedicated migration product page below. 

Place the desired product in the cart and enter/apply the coupon code.

Following the instructions on the screen, proceed with the registration for KORG ID and purchase procedure.

Please install the product according to the procedure described in the email after purchase completion.

Follow the instructions on the screen when launching for the first time to authenticate the license.

I have already completed the migration back in 2018. The problem is  I only have MDX, M-1 and Wavestation.

Originally I never went with the whole collection so apparently I can't get a coupon to update to the whole collection.

Their whole process is very clunky going between multiple pages to get a coupon to update. I am listed on the Korg ID site. I'll try to get back there and see if there is a deal for me.  I SHOULD get something as a long time customer who has several of their products. I had the original M-1 in hardware. The software version is spot on. I imagine the Triton is too. The Triton is really the only one I had my eyes on.

As others have mentioned. Most of us are loaded to the gills with synths. If they made the process more straight forward I still might pull the trigger, but if I get all muddled in another multi page circle jerkle. Forget it. Sorry I guess I just don't have the time or the patience for this.

Edited by Tim Smith

Yeah I get that, but I don't have the old bundle so if they want my business I need an incentive. I'm not paying 199.00 for Triton :) Ain't happening to day or tomorrow.

Even though I've migrated my products to the new updated formats My KORG ID doesn't see those products. I would think that even if they aren't offering a deal to singles buyers at this time, they should still be aware I migrated back in 2018 and have my products listed in KORG ID. Their loss.

Korg 2.JPG

korg1.JPG

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Yeah I get that, but I don't have the old bundle so if they want my business I need an incentive. I'm not paying 199.00 for Triton :) Ain't happening to day or tomorrow.

Even though I've migrated my products to the new updated formats My KORG ID doesn't see those products. I would think that even if they aren't offering a deal to singles buyers at this time, they should still be aware I migrated back in 2018 and have my products listed in KORG ID. Their loss.

Korg 2.JPG

korg1.JPG

Since it doesn't show any products in your korg.com account, I'm inclined to think that the migration wasn't completed by purchasing the products on korg.shop with the coupon codes.  Hopefully, you'll be able to update to the latest versions of the synths you bought.

It was a bit confusing for me after I purchased the upgrade that it didn't show up in korg.com account but I had to still register the license codes (and it showed up in my account after that).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ALC said:

Since it doesn't show any products in your korg.com account, I'm inclined to think that the migration wasn't completed by purchasing the products on korg.shop with the coupon codes.  Hopefully, you'll be able to update to the latest versions of the synths you bought.

It was a bit confusing for me after I purchased the upgrade that it didn't show up in korg.com account but I had to still register the license codes (and it showed up in my account after that).

My thoughts too. It's clunky but if you go through the motions you might end up getting a better deal on an upgrade to the bundle. I must say, Prophecy and the MiniKORG are pretty great. 

I just realised the similar name to Mini Moog. Coincidence? 

8 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I used my M1 Le code to buy M1.   Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

Did you start on the korguser.net site?  It's a confusing process that takes you across three different sites.  I started here: https://www.korguser.net/asp/upgrade.asp

How did it not work?

I'm sure we can help you spend your money, but only if you want to.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Craig N said:

I just realised the similar name to Mini Moog. Coincidence? 

Probably not a coincidence. Competition in the 70's maybe?

Moog Co released the first Minimoog in 1970. 3 VCO monophonic analog synthesizer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimoog

The miniKORG is a two VCO monophonic analog synthesizer that was released in 1972 from Korg. It featured 37 keys, three ring modulators and built in analogue effects. It has wooden side panels and all the controls for the unit are not on the front panel but on the side facing the player. It was considered to be stable, affordable and sounded great. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_miniKORG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ALC said:

Did you start on the korguser.net site?  It's a confusing process that takes you across three different sites.  I started here: https://www.korguser.net/asp/upgrade.asp

You are the devil.   I bought it.  🥵   I am hopeless.

I definitely don't need these, but they really are good synths, and I know them well. I have many of these on the iPad.

And when you add Freelance Soundlabs templates to them, they are even nicer.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not able to install.

I installed Korg Software Pass and put in the registration code from the email. I registered Korg Collection 3.  It's marked as registered.

At this point it allows me to update the M1 (which I own) and my demos of Wavestation, Triton and Polysix. I can download stuff I don't have, but  nothing installs.  It just downloads.   There's a line that moves to show that it's downloading, but it doesn't say where it downloads to.

When I reload Software Pass it is as if I hadn't done anything .  Wavestation, Triton, and Polysix are available to update.  Everything else is available for download.   I'm back where I started.

When I load Wavestation or Triton it asks me to register.  This takes me to Software Pass.  Putting the code in does nothing.

The help pages don't address any of this.

Any advice?

I had no issues installing Gadget or M1.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

18 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I can download stuff I don't have, but  nothing installs.  It just downloads.   There's a line that moves to show that it's downloading, but it doesn't say where it downloads to.

@Reid RosefeltThat's just the way KORG Software Pass works. It's a license manager and downloader, but not an installer.

You need to run the downloaded installers yourself. On my computer it drops the installers into a folder named "KORG Software Pass".

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm not able to install.

I installed Korg Software Pass and put in the registration code from the email. I registered Korg Collection 3.  It's marked as registered.

At this point it allows me to update the M1 (which I own) and my demos of Wavestation, Triton and Polysix. I can download stuff I don't have, but  nothing installs.  It just downloads.   There's a line that moves to show that it's downloading, but it doesn't say where it downloads to.

When I reload Software Pass it is as if I hadn't done anything .  Wavestation, Triton, and Polysix are available to update.  Everything else is available for download.   I'm back where I started.

When I load Wavestation or Triton it asks me to register.  This takes me to Software Pass.  Putting the code in does nothing.

The help pages don't address any of this.

Any advice?

I had no issues installing Gadget or M1.

I'm on a Windows 10 Pc and it pops open a yellow Windows Explorer window when the download is complete, look out for it on the taskbar. Each download that completes pops open a new Explorer window. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ALC said:

I still have the coupon codes. When I attempt to use them it says I am already registered and can't use the codes again. I take the migration code, go to Korg ID, use that code on their purchase page as the instructional video indicated. Says I already used the code. They are correct. I used it before when I migrated in 2018.

Probably something I could clear up with an email, but like the BFD snafu I don't have the time for it right now. Maybe later. Until then I have plenty of synths. My existing Korg products are indeed updated,  in my computer.  These are apparently Japanese products same as the original hardware. I'm guessing they might have subbed someone out to handle English operations hence the British accented instructional video. I'm guessing things somehow were misplaced or lost between websites which for me, isn't a very good way to start off with new Korg products.

• Sad 1