KORG Collection sale - up to 50% off

ALC

5 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Why does the M-1e qualify for Collection 3 at 149.00 while the M-1 doesn't? Or did I miss something?

The M1 LE is given away with hardware purchases as a teaser product to add value to the hardware purchase but also to try to get new customers for Korg, similar to how Ableton Live Lite is thrown in and you can get a discounted upgrade price for Live Std or Suite. 

I'm not sure if they offer upgrades from single products to the bundle but if you login to id.korg.com and look for an offer there that's the best way to figure out what your options are as an existing customer. 

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

Does that mean you're eligible for a cheaper upgrade than 149? That'd be quite the score since you would be getting Triton as well (I think?) which is normally $199.

If you login to id.korg.com and go to Offers from Korg, copy the code they give you then click Buy it should take you directly to the upgrade product relevant to you. 

Cheers, Craig. I did just that. 
Didn’t work, code was not valid for the $49 upgrade. I guess there’s a difference between (my) Korg Collection version 2 and the so-called Special Version 2 you need for the $49 upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Actually, this is what I did two years ago:

“Users who already have the plugins from the KORG Collection can update to version 2 for free. To get KORG Collection 2 series, login to KORG ID and download them or install KORG Software Pass and activate your account in the app.”

and it still shows up as legacy bundle........

so legacy collection pay the same price is the same price as those who have M1le.  That smells like IK .

I'd rather give that $149 to Arturia, or some other developer. The Korg eco system sucks. 

Synths are a dime a dozen these days no matter how good a certain claimed hardware emulation is.    

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Craig N said:

The M1 LE is given away with hardware purchases as a teaser product to add value to the hardware purchase but also to try to get new customers for Korg, similar to how Ableton Live Lite is thrown in and you can get a discounted upgrade price for Live Std or Suite. 

I'm not sure if they offer upgrades from single products to the bundle but if you login to id.korg.com and look for an offer there that's the best way to figure out what your options are as an existing customer. 

They have me in the database on the new Korg site as having registered in 2018. That was when I carried over to the new web site from the old web site. My products and offers do not show up. They say I haven't purchased any products. That's odd. I seem to have them all on my hard drive and registered.

1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

They have me in the database on the new Korg site as having registered in 2018. That was when I carried over to the new web site from the old web site. My products and offers do not show up. They say I haven't purchased any products. That's odd. I seem to have them all on my hard drive and registered.

Check on your account on korguser.net.

I see the following: https://www.korguser.net/asp/coupon.asp

For Current Users of KORG Legacy Collection:

Announcement of Server Migration Accompanying Partial Termination of Service

We will soon be migrating our server to KORG ID and KORG Shop along with the partial termination of service of KORG USER NET. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to KORG Legacy Collection users. We request that you follow the instructions on the page below to complete the migration procedures. Using the coupon code which will be issued, you will be able to switch from the KORG Legacy Collection series to KORG Collection free of charge.

If you own the KORG Legacy Collection - Special Bundle, please complete the entire product registration at KORG USER NET. Please note that coupon codes for the Special Bundle will not be issued if registration is not completed.

* If not compatible with the operating requirements of KORG Collection for Mac/Win, please use the KORG Legacy Collection series. We will continue to provide services regarding register product and re-issue license code.

[Migration Procedure]

* In order to proceed with the purchase procedure at the KORG Shop, input of coupon code is required. Also, although the price will be displayed, it will become free by entering the coupon code.

Acquire the coupon code from this page.

Visit the dedicated migration product page below. 

Place the desired product in the cart and enter/apply the coupon code.

Following the instructions on the screen, proceed with the registration for KORG ID and purchase procedure.

Please install the product according to the procedure described in the email after purchase completion.

Follow the instructions on the screen when launching for the first time to authenticate the license.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I absolutely  love the Triton Extreme!!! and also the MS20, Polysix and even the miniKorg.  However, I am a little disappointed in the Korg Arp Odyssey if only for it's browser.  The other Korg products even including the older M1 and Wavestation have Browsers that show categories (like Bass, Pads, Leads, Arp, Motion, Poly etc), but the Korg Arp Odyssey  has a drop down browser that does not differentiate or categorizes the kinds of patches, only different versions of the Arp Odyssey (rev 1, rev 2) .  Perhaps I am missing something, but this makes finding kinds of patches a little hit or miss.  I know some just start with a blank initial patch and then tweak, but I like to have some organization to the patches to find a starting point to fine tune.

Am i missing something about the Arp Odyssey's browser?

12 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

Am i missing something about the Arp Odyssey's browser?

That is still the most primitive browser in the bunch.

I think that the best you could do for now is to review all of the presets, and mark your favorites. Good news is that there are only 200. :)

At least that way you would just have to deal with the Favorites or User banks.

Here's hoping that KORG puts some effort into making their synth collection presets NKS compatible, so that you could at least use the tagging and search system in NI Komplete Kontrol! Just thinking out loud here, as I haven't seen anything to imply KORG is considering that.

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Here's hoping that KORG puts some effort into making their synth collection presets NKS compatible, so that you could at least use the tagging and search system in NI Komplete Kontrol! Just thinking out loud here, as I haven't seen anything to imply KORG is considering that.

There is always this.  https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/itemlist/category/120-korg

Freelance soundlabs NKS packs are pretty good, the prices are in Australian dollars so not as expensive as they first appear. Jason is also quite customer focused and open to comments and suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well $7.99 USD ($10.99aud) for a single 3rd party NKS instrument pack doesn't seem too bad. https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/item/389-korg-instrument-nks-libraries-for-komplete-kontrol-maschine

The other existing browsers in the Korg collection do the job for me. The Odyssey is the only one that falls way short. @Cecelius2

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

Well $7.99 USD ($10.99aud) for a single 3rd party NKS instrument pack doesn't seem too bad. https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/item/389-korg-instrument-nks-libraries-for-komplete-kontrol-maschine

The other existing browsers in the Korg collection do the job for me. The Odyssey is the only one that falls way short. @Cecelius2

I do find the audio previews useful for the Wavestation and M1 in particular.

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I do find the audio previews useful for the Wavestation and M1 in particular.

Did you realize that Wavestation & M1 had decent built-in previews? But categories would be a useful addition to the Wavestation. :)

Built-in previews are also available in the MiniKORG, MonoPoly, MS-20, Polysix,  & Prophecy.

Got KORG Collection 3 upgrade from M1 Le for $149.  This was a big buy for me.  That's the equivalent of five $30 purchases.  Or ten $15 PA purchases.  My other big purchase in the past was Komplete 13 upgrade for $200 (though other software also add up if I include the original + upgrade costs).

BTW, I noticed that the TRITON Extreme VST3 doesn't show up in Studio One in Apple Silicon native mode.  All the rest do.

Edited by ALC