problems with USB sound cards UAD Apollo

good morning, I will explain the problem that I find - 

I describe my set up - ASUS z390 - A (Prime) - Intel 9700k - 16gb3200 - SSD M.2 Pro 500gb Sansung -

now, when I select the multiprocessor mode from the Options menu- playback and Record, I hear an electric hum in the speakers, if I remove the check the buzzing goes by, but with an increase in the CPU's resources.

the UAD Apollo twin USB connected to USB 3.1 or 3.0 is the same

Is it possible that it is a CPU address problem?

thank's 

Elix

For the electric hum, I would check to make sure you have balanced cables going form your audio interface to your studio monitors.

Although, I have no clue why it  only does it when you enable multi-processing engine. Your CPU is multi-cored im assuming. 

But check your:

• Cables, make sure they are balanced going form your sound card to the monitors
  • Make sure you have no audio cables crossing any electric cables
  • Try another wall wart on a different electrical grid
  • Thanks 1

If none of the options above help, or are impractical for you try one of these in between your audio output and monitor speakers:

image.png.8a747bd6e781b49f6f55376a867020c6.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ground-isolator-audio-noise-removal/dp/B000KHBU1G/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QK5T3XNVWBG0FVJR5CAJ

They're only about £6  (approx €7 or $7.50).

I've found they move not only ground loop hum, but also CPU/USB activity induced noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJ Jacobson said:

For the electric hum, I would check to make sure you have balanced cables going form your audio interface to your studio monitors.

Although, I have no clue why it  only does it when you enable multi-processing engine. Your CPU is multi-cored im assuming. 

But check your:

• Cables, make sure they are balanced going form your sound card to the monitors
  • Make sure you have no audio cables crossing any electric cables
  • Try another wall wart on a different electrical grid

I try fo balance Cable _ my monitor are  Yahama MPS7 studio Monitor - 

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

If none of the options above help, or are impractical for you try one of these in between your audio output and monitor speakers:

image.png.8a747bd6e781b49f6f55376a867020c6.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ground-isolator-audio-noise-removal/dp/B000KHBU1G/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QK5T3XNVWBG0FVJR5CAJ

They're only about £6  (approx €7 or $7.50).

I've found they move not only ground loop hum, but also CPU/USB activity induced noise.

thanks a lot, if I don't resolve with balance cable I try it !!

2 minutes ago, e2studio said:

I try fo balance Cable _ my monitor are  Yahama MPS7 studio Monitor - 

thanks a lot, if I don't resolve with balance cable I try it !!

Yeah, there seems to be a general misconception about balanced cables.

Balanced cables will only prevent noise that is introduced into the cable AFTER the signal has left your audio output. As most people have a fairly short cable between their audio interface and monitors, is unlikely (but not impossible) that this is your issue.

If the noise is down to a ground loop, or introduced before it leaves your audio interface, then a balanced cable is not going to help.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2019 at 4:53 AM, Cactus Music said:

+1 to what Jim said , And look for one with a Ferrite choke.

unfortunately, even changing usb cable - audio cable - filters - the problem persists, it disappears only when I remove the check from the option - multiprocessor - 

how it is possible ?

Could be picking up noise inside your PC through the USB port.  Try a different port.

Also, do you have 64-bit double precision (under driver settings) enabled?  If so,  try disabling it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/6/2019 at 16:33, JonD said:

Potrebbe essere causa di rumori all'interno del PC attraverso la porta USB. Prova una porta diversa.

Inoltre, hai la doppia precisione a 64 bit (sotto le impostazioni del driver) abilitata? Se è così, prova a disabilitarlo.

after weeks and weeks looking for a solution to the problem ... I think I will have to wait for the new CbB update

there's nothing to do, if the multiprocess is check ... the buzzing starts ...°°#@###@!!!!! :)