Sound Particles - Energy panner - free - usually $49

MusicMan

https://lp.soundparticles.com/sos-freeplugin

Exclusive Sound On Sound offer. Free offer, usually $49.

Have you imagined having drums moving around you to the beat? Instead of static panning or boring autopans, Energy Panner gives you organic movements that react to the music.

From big movements to slight shifts, Energy Panner will bring life to your mixes

AAX Native, AU, AUv3, VST and VST3

Windows and Mac 🙂

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 17

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

This is good stuff, I like their plugins 

Great stuff Kevin. I don't have too much experience with their plugins, but I do love some of the more creative panning plugins, so looking forward to giving it a shot 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spice3d said:

Sound Particles' Brightness Panner is also good. I like to use them on hi-hat loops. 

I was looking at that one and I can imagine that being quite useful.

I already have Soundtoys PanMan and Cableguys Pancake 2 and now the new Cubase FX Modulator but they do seem to allow you to get some different sound/modulation between them, so it doesn't hurt to have a few 🙂

52 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I was looking at that one and I can imagine that being quite useful.

I already have Soundtoys PanMan and Cableguys Pancake 2 and now the new Cubase FX Modulator but they do seem to allow you to get some different sound/modulation between them, so it doesn't hurt to have a few 🙂

Since the panning is based on the incoming signal, it's not as robotic as your standard auto-panner.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spice3d said:

Since the panning is based on the incoming signal, it's not as robotic as your standard auto-panner.

That's quite an interesting difference and I do get what you mean by the robotic side. I guess sometimes that's perfect, but for other situations that versatility could be very useful.

I'll check that out a bit more now. Thanks for tip 🙂

• Thanks 1

I really need to start keeping a list of all these freebies I sign up for and then instantly forget about.

The other day when grabbing those Plugin Alliance freebies I was shocked to find I had about 20 other licences lurking in my account. How the hell did that happen?!! 🤪

• Great Idea 1

43 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

I really need to start keeping a list of all these freebies I sign up for and then instantly forget about.

The other day when grabbing those Plugin Alliance freebies I was shocked to find I had about 20 other licences lurking in my account. How the hell did that happen?!! 🤪

Oh that can definitely happen! 🤣

I use a spreadsheet and every time I get a plugin, I add it to that. It includes the developer, type of plugin (i.e. compressor, EQ, Synth, etc), the date of purchase, the store I bought it from, if it includes VST3 and the price (or free). Along with a few others.

Very easy to then filter and know exactly what I have from each company and sometimes scarily.. how much I've spent with each company.. and even more scarily how much I've spent overall!

Just looking at the total before buying something else has saved me quite a few new purchases 🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 4

28 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I use a spreadsheet and every time I get a plugin, I add it to that. It includes the developer, type of plugin (i.e. compressor, EQ, Synth, etc), the date of purchase, the store I bought it from, if it includes VST3 and the price (or free). Along with a few others.

Very easy to then filter and know exactly what I have from each company and sometimes scarily.. how much I've spent with each company.. and even more scarily how much I've spent overall!

Just looking at the total before buying something else has saved me quite a few new purchases 🤣

But I only ever get freebies these days. My entire spending history with Plugin Alliance only totals £4.

Shh ... don't tell anyone else, but I've run out of GAS. I'm powered almost completely wind-powered now. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Shh ... don't tell anyone else, but I've run out of GAS. I'm powered almost completely wind-powered now. 

Mods... Remove this infiltrator! 😜 Haha..

I do get it though.. I'm slowing down now as I have most of the core tools I needed (and a few extra! 🤣)

Still definitely picking up any freebies too though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Funny, I do the exact same thing. I was hoping it would encourage me to use more of my plugins, but sadly, I usually reach for the same ones. 

I've dramatically slowed my plug-in purchases lately and feel like I have everything I need. However, it doesn't take much for me to be enchanted by a new shiny toy. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

I've dramatically slowed my plug-in purchases lately and feel like I have everything I need. However, it doesn't take much for me to be enchanted by a new shiny toy. 

This is SO me! Haha...

I'm thinking I've got all I really need, but even now I've got a bit a of a mental note of things I could get swayed by if on a good enough sale.. some others that pop up on here I even go as far as adding them to the cart 🤣

But there's worse things to spend money on, so it could be worse 🙂