rfssongs

I think that it would be really useful to add knobs just above the Chorus & Reverb knobs (in the inspector window) for ADSR. Attack, Decay, Sustain & Release. I believe these are fairly standard CC numbers but a preferences change could allow customization if need be.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

23 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

I believe these are fairly standard CC numbers but a preferences change could allow customization if need be.

Double the number of controls and make them all assignable would be my (similar) suggestion.

Of all the standard MIDI parameters, Chorus and Reverb seem like some of the least useful.

(Of course if the A|A|S Player obeyed Reverb messages, that would make it one of the most useful....if if if)

You can add  a knob to control any synth parameter in the Synth Rack. It needs to be undocked or docked in the Multidock to display large enough to show the knobs.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=SoftSynths.13.html

I think I may have used the Reverb control in the Inspector once in my life. I'd rather not see more clutter there.

Far as I can tell those knobs only work with the TTS-1. I’ve never had any other synth respond to them. So myself I prefer to just make settings inside the synth properties GUI. I see no difference in convenience.

Maybe this is different for huge orchestra type projects were opening GUIs might be cluttered but seems easy enough if all you use is a handful of synths. 

Edited by John Vere

1 minute ago, John Vere said:

Far as I can tell those knobs only work with the TTS-1. I’ve never had any other synth respond to them. So myself I prefer to just make settings inside the synth properties GUI. I see no difference in convenience.

Maybe this is different for huge orchestra type projects were opening GUIs might be cluttered but seems easy enough if all you use is a handful of synths. 

The thing is I use mostly external hardware synth's as these seem more responsive to midi. I can inset codes sure, but knobs would be more intuitive.

• Like 1

Right I knew that there was something I was missing about the midi advanced strips reason for existence. It’s mostly for hardware control. And that said both my Roland and Korg modules respond to standard CC events so I agree with the request that possibly a customized channel strip would be cool. Like remove stuff I would never use to make room for control knobs. 

Console strips can probably scroll for eternity. :D

Maybe a Module based right pane like the main strip could be implemented so only selected items are there. Right now it's all-in-one. 

Edited by sjoens

I don't think to this will happen. It means a plugin would have to be created for this use. It is a great request and has been requested before, but there was a lot of debate around this on the "Why's and Not's."

I think there was an answer of - its up to the hardware presets to offer these functions. 

Certain requests come with a lot of politics. 

On 4/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, rfssongs said:

I think that it would be really useful to add knobs just above the Chorus & Reverb knobs (in the inspector window) for ADSR. Attack, Decay, Sustain & Release. I believe these are fairly standard CC numbers but a preferences change could allow customization if need be.

Custom Default CC's can be assigned there. Up to 8 knobs maybe.