IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

On 6/2/2022 at 3:59 AM, abacab said:

I gave the M-12 a go, because, well it's one of the great classic synths. I have the Matrix-12 V2 emulation in Arturia, but the Syntronik version is  great too! :)

However, the GS-V is not something I considered a must have...

Bigger the better 😃. Competitive to soundpaint

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Are your issues with the standalone programs, or using the plugin within a DAW?

Both.

That's what is leading me to think it's either my UAD drivers or IK synths. None of my other synths do this. Toon Tracks, Kontak... 

I tried to roll back to an older version of UAD drivers when I know I had no problems with it (drivers about a year back) and they still had the issue. SO I am leaning to IK synths has the issue. 

I want to try and roll back the IK stuff but what a PITA that is!!!

8 hours ago, Grem said:

in ASIO mode when changing instruments the program freezes, cuts audio off

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble! What a pain! But I think that if this was a widespread issue with IK products, then there would be a lot of loud wailing and screaming.

Have you tested alternate sample rates and buffer sizes in your interface?

Or maybe roll back just one of the IK products with the smallest footprint (like B3). And see if that makes a difference? Perhaps the UAD driver is exposing a bug in the IK stuff that's unique to the UAD driver. Since you mentioned that the standalone is also affected, that does rule out your DAW being involved.   I doubt the majority of IK users are using UAD interfaces, so the QA team at IK may have missed something. 🙄

So I agree with your hunch that the culprit must lie somewhere between IK <==> UAD.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Ref: Syner _V

I keep getting this message when selecting certain instruments. I know this was talked about but I can't figure it out. I have deleted the Syner-V file from IKPM d/l locations. Had IKPM reinstall the lib and I am still getting this error. Seems this is the only Synth getting this error. All others seem to be working.

image.png.250d1359c1a8cf3b5bbba7bf6c1abb79.png

Yea.. the installer (locations where things should/are installed) should be smarter. I have all of SampleTank 4 MAX installed (from ALL the individual pieces, pre installer) and the installer still thinks I'm missing 95% of the items. Not going for 100's GB download again, just so the installer thinks it's now correct.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grem said:

I have deleted the Syner-V file from IKPM d/l locations. Had IKPM reinstall the lib and I am still getting this error. Seems this is the only Synth getting this error. All others seem to be working.

The Syner-V installer has a known problem with placing part of the installed sample content into an extra sub-folder under the Syner-V samples folder. Just copy/move it into the correct place and you will be good to go.

I've already fixed mine, so I don't have a picture to share. Study another synths folder structure, then compare that to Syner-V's folder. You should spot a difference!

• Thanks 1

The installer doesn't let you set a location to install the samples and instruments. There's a "change install location" option but it's hit and miss. I found I had the most success (i.e. limited success) by changing the library locations within the Syntronik 2 app or plugin.

Anyone had any luck doing a clean install of Syntronik 2 with all the synths without any double ups anywhere? I don't have the hard drive space to afford doubles.

Edited by Toffo

4 minutes ago, Toffo said:

Anyone had any luck doing a clean install of Syntronik 2 with all the synths without any double ups anywhere? I don't have the hard drive space to afford doubles.

That has already been explained earlier in this thread. Suggest doing a search. :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grem said:

I keep getting this message when selecting certain instruments. I know this was talked about but I can't figure it out. I have deleted the Syner-V file from IKPM d/l locations. Had IKPM reinstall the lib and I am still getting this error. Seems this is the only Synth getting this error. All others seem to be working.

Check out the posts from around this time:

They may sort you out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

If this not easy enough to understand, let me know, I'll elaborate with clearer instructions.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Study another synths folder structure, then compare that to Syner-V's folder. You should spot a difference!

Oh I spot a difference alright!!! Look at these pics. It is showing the hierarchy of the "Extra folder" Syner-V folder, and what's in it, is over 8gb!!! Nothing, I mean nothing, I have looked at with regards to Syntronik comes even close!! The folder Syntronik 2 in my Sample drive is a little over 3gb. So it's not making sense to me. 

So that's why I came ask here. Something I am not getting/understanding/seeing.  

Subfolder 1.PNG

1291879227_Subfolder2.PNG.7829c5c14d680e75297d31765423c9db.PNG

1258733228_Subfolder3.PNG.cbb81a36aabca6f31e9b37a4fb090c00.PNG

398789196_Subfolder4.PNG.47c46a57f9ef0e08c691605c84c5609a.PNG

Edited by Grem

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

If this not easy enough to understand, let me know, I'll elaborate with clearer instructions.

Yes it was easy to understand. I even remembered the post. But let me ask these questions.

After fixing the install files, do you zip them back up? Or just leave them unzipped?

Then do you just run the IKPM again to re-install the libs?

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yes it was easy to understand. I even remembered the post. But let me ask these questions.

After fixing the install files, do you zip them back up? Or just leave them unzipped?

Then do you just run the IKPM again to re-install the libs?

You do not need to fix the zip file. It can remain broken as is. 🤣

As long as you move everything to the right location as far as the unzipped stuff goes, the presets should open without error.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, abacab said:

move everything to the right location

This seems to be where I am having the problem. Help me understand how every other folder in the right location is way less than 1gb and this Syner folder is over 8gb?

OK, so I copy the folder I find in the install directory of: IK Downloads\Syntronik Syner-V\SYN2_Syner-V_Part_3.zip\Syntronik 2 Sound Content\Samples\Syntronik Syner-V   to    G:\SampleTank 3\Syntronik 2\Samples\Syntronik Syner-V and I still get the same error after doing a rebuilding scan.

I am not getting something. And if my past experience tells me anything, it is something very simple I am not getting/seeing/understanding!!! IOW, I can't see the forest because of the trees!! : )

Edited by Grem

If you first installed Syner-V with the malformed Sound Content files (folder within folder issue) and then installed the corrected ones, from what I have seen that doesn't  remove the wrongly installed files.  Apologies if my post led you to think the corrected Sound Content files installation would remove them.  To me an installer is an installer, not an uninstaller or a file mover.   

I have added a note to this effect in an earlier post:

On 6/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, User 905133 said:

RE: Syner-V parts 3 and 4 look like they have been corrected on the server so the content is no longer nested within a folder within a folder within the zip file.

2022-06-06:  If you already used the malformed Sound Content installation files, so far as I have seen using the correct ones will install the sound content, but they do not remove the wrongly installed Sound Content.

Many people moved the files to the correct place; so I was only trying to say the malformed files themselves had been corrected.  If you had only installed the malformed files, this would have solved it (basically, moving them from the wrong place to the right place).

However, if you didn't move them but reinstalled them with the corrected files, you still have the wrongly installed content for parts 3 and 4.

The confusion was compounded because evidently the server that many of us use didn't have the corrected  files until after June 1st.   

Edited by User 905133
to add a link to Dave Schreier's solution
  • Thanks 1

Glad you’re fixed Grem😀. Not sure if I fixed Syner in the preferred way, but I didn’t use new zip files or run IKPM again to fix it. Just copied the contents of the extra folder into the folder where it should have been, and then deleted the extra folder itself. Worked.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

I would recommend downloading SYN2_Syner-V_Part_3.zip and SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip from IKM and replacing the malformed versions of those file if you are keeping an archive of the S2 sound files. That way you won't have to go through this mess again if you ever have to reinstall S2.

• Great Idea 2