IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

14 minutes ago, abacab said:

OK, I confirmed this by installing my two missing instruments. The multi loads fine now!

Of course, I wish that Syntronik 2 threw an error regarding missing instruments instead of just crashing.

Or even better, hide the multis that don't have the required instruments installed, or at least provide that option.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

FYI: Just noticed that any multi that tries to load a synth that isn't installed yet will cause an instant crash of the standalone, or the plugin will crash your DAW.

I looked inside one of the crashing multi files using Notepad++ (they are XML, so human readable), and yup, there are two out of three synths that I don't have installed. The Harpy and the Memory V.

Yup.  As I said wrt my Syntronik 2 Full multis: they had instruments/presets that weren't part of the full version (in other words, they were from the MAX version) and they caused Syntronik 2 to crash.

EDIT:  That was May 9th.  I am sure I had a later post where On May 25th I said that once I installed the 11 new Instruments, I didn't have the crashes. (See below.)

I used Notepad with the files to search for InstrumentPath before I got the new ones. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:52 PM, User 905133 said:

As I have noted before, the 30 Multis in Syntronik 2 Full reference Presets and Instruments that are not included in the non-MAX version.  Now that I have the 11 new instrument packs installed from the SYN2GB, the Multis do load and don't crash Syntronik 2.

To be clear: I just spot-checked the Multis that came with Syntronik 2 Full and (1) they do reference the new instruments and (2) they do work now that I have the 11 new instruments installed. 

UPDATE BASED ON A PRIOR POST (see the 5/9/2022 below😞

Since I tend to triple- and quadruple-check things, I just took the 11 new instruments and temporarily moved then to a "Pulled" folder.  This effectively verified that SYN2 Multis that came with my purchase of a bundle with Syntronik 2 Full (1) reference Instruments not in the non-MAX version and (2) crashed Syntronik 2 Full on my PC

So, getting the 11 new Instruments solves this problem!!! 

Again, if you like Syntronik 2 and you want to use the new Multis, but you haven't bought into the SYN2GB yet, you might be very pleased at what you can get for $50 or $35 + $15 in Jam Points, even with the installation issues, the filter bugs, the amount of GBs, etc.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Or even better, hide the multis that don't have the required instruments installed, or at least provide that option.

I'm going through the MAX multis right now, and opening any crashing multi in a text editor to see what instruments it calls for. I now have all but one of the "new" 11 synths installed, and have reinstalled many, but not all of the original 22 synths. The new one that I left out is the GS-V at 31GB, yikes!!!

I may install more of the original 22 synths beyond my favorite dozen or so, depending on disk space...

I will probably go into the multis folder and rename (hide) any multi files that call for synths I don't plan to install.

• Great Idea 1

When downloading from my user area there are quite a few bad links in the "Resources" Sections, where the updates are downloaded.

In most cases the Windows and Mac downloads are reversed (if I want the Windows zip file I need to click on the Mac button, and if I click on the Windows button I get a dmg instead, e.g. SAM, Modulum, Bully, Pro-V, DCO-X and more)

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

When downloading from my user area there are quite a few bad links in the "Resources" Sections, where the updates are downloaded.

In most cases the Windows and Mac downloads are reversed (if I want the Windows zip file I need to click on the Mac button, and if I click on the Windows button I get a dmg instead, e.g. SAM, Modulum, Bully, Pro-V, DCO-X and more)

I used the IK Product Manager to download and install the synths. Rather smooth and mostly trouble free. Have you tried that yet?

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Just now, abacab said:

I used the IK Product Manager to download and install the synths. Rather smooth and mostly trouble free. Have you tried that yet?

Yes, I've been using the product manager to install (and reinstall) the synths. I had a couple of problems when downloading the updates in the "resources" (note that they're easy to miss in the Product Manager, and I'm not even sure they're needed, but I decided to download and keep them, just in case, because I don't want to find out a  year from now that I wanted them and didn't download them on time). I gave it a try from the website and came across all the broken links (which could be an issue specific to my account or it could be affecting others, so that's why I thought about mentioning it in this thread)

22 hours ago, Abstract said:

That is explicitly written on IKM GB promo page:

"Buy 1 Get 32 Free* when 3,000 registrations are reached

And so on, up to our goal of 3,000 participants, giving you Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Synth titles for the price of 1!"

and this:

"That means you could get Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Syntronik Synths for the price of 1 single Synth!"

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/

Lets hope, that IKM stands to their words.

Shame on you IK Multimedia !

Two days before end of the promo, once their goal have been reached (over 3000 sales) they've changed the wording on promo page.

Now it says "...EQUIVALENT of Syntronik 2 MAX...".

Very unethical "Bait and Switch" tactic. And yes, I understand it's still a good deal but honesty to the users is another thing. Apparently they do not care.

Can Peter - IK Multimedia comment on this?

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

This is a known problem.  From what I have seen it predates the SYN2GB. I can't remember when I first encountered it. Its a trivial fix: Just download the other one and delete the one that for the other computer if you don't need it. 

7 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Two days before end of the promo, once their goal have been reached (over 3000 sales) they've changed the wording on promo page.

Very unethical "Bait and Switch" tactic. And yes, I understand it's still a good deal but honesty to the users is another thing. Apparently they do not care.

I agree.. and I'm sure there are plenty of screenshots of them saying the you would get Syntronik 2 MAX. It would make tracking what we have (and possibly installing) much easier. And it is what they promised. I've waited to select or download anything.. until this is resolved. If it is not, I'll likely request a refund of my "buy in purchase" on principle alone.

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Say WHAT?

7 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Not sure its unethical or a "Bait and Switch" tactic. Not sure they don't care.  I tend to think its one of several communication issues. I agree its the best Syntronik 2 deal to date!

• Like 2

The semantics of this whole thing mean nothing to me.  I just got everything that's in Syntronik 2 Max for $35.  I'm thrilled.  And it sounds frikkin' awesome.  More fun and inspiring that I imagined it could be.  

This thread was super positive until the group buy crossed the 3k threshold (and it's really blow past it, amazing).  Now this whole "Maxgate" thing has erupted.  I just don't see the scandal.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TicoJPunk said:

The semantics of this whole thing mean nothing to me.  I just got everything that's in Syntronik 2 Max for $35.  I'm thrilled.  And it sounds frikkin' awesome.  More fun and inspiring that I imagined it could be.  

+100

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I think the biggest concern by most, was the multis and IK came through with those. I understand the change of wording shown above, but have no idea what how that affects me to be honest. I certainly hope everyone get out of this feeling happy, I know I am!

I can see how some folks might perceive the bundle vs. a la carte approach as different. But there really is no material difference here since either way it's all a "not for resale" thing, and you get everything included in MAX, including the new MAX multis!

Make music and be happy! :)

• Like 4

Where are people finding the full set of multis?  All I can find is the set of 30 that came with Syntronik 2 Full.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:13 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

For current Syntronik 2 MAX users the multis were added into both the full sounds installer but also in the "Download Resources" area so I'd suggest looking there and if you don't find them there we'll have to wait for the team to be fully back in order to get the issue rectified.

I hope I don't have to de-authorize CS, SE, and Full, remove all the content, and start all over installing all 33 Instruments one-by-one using the Product Manager.  That would also require deleting tons of Syntronik files from my PC and still risk not getting the multis.  😞 

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Where are people finding the full set of multis?  All I can find is the set of 30 that came with Syntronik 2 Full.

I hope I don't have to de-authorize CS, SE, and Full, remove all the content, and start all over installing all 33 Instruments one-by-one using the Product Manager.  That would also require deleting tons of Syntronik files from my PC and still risk not getting the multis.  😞 

Were you able to download the Zip file with all the multis?

Edited by Doug Rintoul