IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I am still trying to figure out if Syntronik 2 upgrades all my Syntronik [1] + Syntronik [1] Deluxe Instruments / Presets to Generation 2 Presets so I can (1) access all the wavesets and (2) create 4 Osc layers using the new Syntronik 2 Edit Panel.  So far I have not seen that this is possible.  

CLARIFICATIONS:

image.png.3e988feddbaea87f175326082651af87.png 

So far it has been impossible for me to find out from IKM how many of those over 4,000 presets are Generation 2 and how many are Generation 1. Likewise the individually purchased SYN2 Instrument products do not have the details of how many of the included presets are of each generation and therefore can be edited using the new Edit Panel. 

I think that is a fair question. I have the full Syntronik 1 Deluxe, and now own two Syntronik 2 instruments (V-80 & J-60) which are also included as v1 editions in my Syntronik 1 collection.

So when I browse these two instruments in Syntronik 2 CS, I am able to select for Syntronik 2 presets only. The list of v2 presets for them seems a bit skimpy to me... only 38 v2 presets for the V-80, and 40 v2 presets for the J-60.

Now I am wondering if only the 11 NEW instruments have entirely all v2 presets... 🤨

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I could see grabbing a few of them, particularly the Oberheim Matrix-12, the Korg DW-8000, and the Waldorf Microwave

I got the Syntronik 2 V-80 (Yamaha CS-80) and the Syntronik 2 J-60 (Roland Juno 60) for free, and they sound great!

The J-60 is available for free from Computer Music #307, May 2022.

The Syntronik 2 V-80 was a freebie for 2 weeks, earlier this year at Audio Plugin Deals (expired).

Good reminder for me. I had gotten the V-80 from APD but had forgotten to register the serial. I am not expecting it to qualify for the GB but glad to have another toy to play with. Now I need to check out the CM freebie.

• Like 2

So if I'm interpreting this correctly... if you have Syntronik1 Deluxe with an upgrade cost of $149 to Syntronik2 MAX and you really want to have it all, the Group Buy has to get to 2400 to equal the upgrade price (i.e. triple-dip the GB to get the last 6 v2 instruments), and 2700 to be a better deal (double-dip the GB to get the last 3 v2 instruments). And if it only gets to 2600, you either end up paying more than the upgrade price to get everything or having to live with the knowledge that some of the synths in your collection aren't upgraded (Horrors!).

So the smart way to go depends on how optimistic you are that the GB reaches 2700 participants and how 'retentive' you are about having every synth at v2.

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

He he.. i see what you did there. you try to break my GAS habit. It will never work.!!!

giphy.gif

No, I really thought that was the goal...otherwise why would have I bought into the Group Buy 5-6 times (literally) last year?

I do wish these Synths didn't take up stupid amounts of space though.   And v1 not updating to v2 gives me reservations on buying into all this.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RSMcGuitar said:

v1 not updating to v2, or how that all really works, has stopped me from installing v2 custom shop. I have some unfinished stuff using v1 and I'm worried it would mess that up.

Same here. And if my v1 synths are not getting upgraded, I’m not getting into this GB. 

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

No, I really thought that was the goal...otherwise why would have I bought into the Group Buy 5-6 times (literally) last year?

I do wish these Synths didn't take up stupid amounts of space though.   And v1 not updating to v2 gives me reservations on buying into all this.

yes. thats the problem with syntronik. its sampled and you need lots of space. not sure i will go for this. i dont  use syntronik very much either. it is cool though.

14 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

yes. thats the problem with syntronik. its sampled and you need lots of space. not sure i will go for this. i dont  use syntronik very much either. it is cool though.

I think that I am headed towards prioritizing the installation of samples for real world sounds that are not yet effectively synthesized, or modeled. Disk space is an issue if everything that you have is sampled... Just saying...

On the upside, some of the Syntronik synths sound very good! So that's why I still have Syntronik Deluxe installed.

• Like 2

so if you have syntronik deluxe V1, you cant use it in syntronik CS V2 ?

what has changed in terms of sampled sounds and banks from V1 to V2 then, is that even worth it to bother with V2 at all?

really confusing...

8 minutes ago, dee said:

so if you have syntronik deluxe V1, you cant use it in syntronik CS V2 ?

Yes, you can use them! But they remain as v1 presets, that cannot be accessed via the new v2 editor. But the song remains the same! :)

Only v2 presets can take full advantage of the improved sound design features in the v2 GUI.

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

No the ones you buy in the GB are v2, but if you take this to the top tier that doesn't matter :)

I think the issue is that, at least for me, even when a synth is V2, not all the V1 presets are included in V2, and it seems like you cannot edit the V1 presets in Syntronik 2. My understanding is that if you purchase Syntronik 2 or Max, your V1 synths are upgraded to V2 enabling you to edit the V1 presets in Syntronik 2. Can anyone verify this?