IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

11 hours ago, heath row said:

Holy Crappola!!!! How many different places have discussion threads on Syntronik 2?  And maybe someone can give a brief overview of them--kind of like what each is best for.  At the moment I'd be interested in a discussion group where participants exchange ideas related to synth engine uses for sound design, real time performance, etc. (including the other current and recent IK Synth Engines--Syntronik, Syntronik 2, ST 3, ST4, and also the IK Sample Editor).  (NOTE: Not Twitter and Facebook)

13 hours ago, heath row said:

Purchasing MAX now will only cost me $50 and a bit more than the GB entry fee. So MAX it is.

HOW are you getting $50?  I own EVERYTHING and my price to upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX is $149!
I would HAPPILY have paid $50 to upgrade to MAX rather than $40 to enter the GB

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Holy Crappola!!!! How many different places have discussion threads on Syntronik 2?  And maybe someone can give a brief overview of them--kind of like what each is best for.  At the moment I'd be interested in a discussion group where participants exchange ideas related to synth engine uses for sound design, real time performance, etc. (including the other current and recent IK Synth Engines--Syntronik, Syntronik 2, ST 3, ST4, and also the IK Sample Editor).  (NOTE: Not Twitter and Facebook)

Every time there is an IK Group Buy, things get fired up both here at the Deals Forum and over at KVR. But then it dies down after the sale. Last Group Buy there was an unofficial contest to see which forum would generate the most thread pages. We were ahead until some comments got out of hand and a mod locked the thread here.

There's generally not much meaningful collaboration happening at KVR. But some developers use it as a support forum, and other marketers use it to announce new products or updates. Users delight in venting and slinging arrows at other users. I would suggest wearing your thick skin suit if you choose to wade into those dark waters. 😉

VI-control.net probably has the best "community".

https://vi-control.net/community/

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cclarry said:

HOW are you getting $50?  I own EVERYTHING and my price to upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX is $149!

$149 - 44/45 Jam Points = $104 roughly

$104 MAX - $49.99 GB = $54 (Roughly speaking)

Group buy $49.99, if it doesn't make it, then $49.99 for every missing Synth. Plus there is the content that is only in Syntronik (Full or Syntronik MAX.

I just play it the easy way, this way whether there is or is not extra content I'm fine, whether or not it makes it I'm fine again.

Edited by heath row

6 minutes ago, heath row said:

Group buy $49.99, if it doesn't make it, then $49.99 for every missing Synth. Plus there is the content that is only in Syntronik (Full or Syntronik MAX.

I just play it the easy way, this way whether there is or is not extra content I'm fine, whether or not it makes it I'm fine again.

I see...I was going to say...still $54 more than the Group Buy, actually $69, as with Jampoints it's only $35 to enter the group buy,
but at least you have the MAX designation, and the ability to rid yourself of it if you so choose, and an upgrade path
to the Max-Grade for TS4 Max!

Historically, the Group Buys always make it to the end...but it's still a risk.
I only needed 11 to get to everything, so now it's just duplicates in the pot from 
henceforth

23 minutes ago, heath row said:

The math's a bit off, as you can use jam points for the group buy as well, so you're looking at a ~$70 difference. 

Also, I personally don't see why IK wouldn't allow the group buy to go all the way; once everyone gets the newest 11 synths and their favorite 5-10 synths from the earlier ones, most participants would likely not be interested in paying for the remaining ones. Whereas letting the group buy max out ensures existing customers are happy and is good marketing to get new customers on board. 

57 minutes ago, cclarry said:

51 minutes ago, heath row said:

This doesn't make sense to me.  If you pay 49.99 for the GB and $149 minus 30% in Jam Points (roughly $104), the total paid is roughly $154.  Why did you subtract the GB entry fee?  Maybe there's a reason, but I don't see it.

Are you saying that if you enter the GB and then buy MAX, IK will refund you GB fee?  

If you are saying that you can purchase MAX to get more SYN2 instruments IF the GB doesn't go all the way, to me that's still addition: the GB fee plus what you pay for MAX. 

Edited by User 905133
(2) to insert cclarry's quote that prompted the reply for context; (1) to add the "If you are saying . . . ." sentence.

Not buying the GB.

Just to show how much I am paying extra for MAX instead of GB

MAX 104 - GB 50 = 54 (with GB using Jam Points which I forgot makes it a bit more), still nothing in the grand scheme of things. At least I know I have it all, as there is talk about some content being missing if you go the GB way, I don't know if its true or not, but I am happy with paying a bit extra and getting MAX and being sure I have everything.

Edited by heath row
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, heath row said:

Not buying the GB.

Just to show how much I am paying extra for MAX instead of GB

MAX 104 - GB 50 = 54 (with GB using Jam Points which I forgot makes it a bit more), still nothing in the grand scheme of things. At least I know I have it all, as there is talk about some content being missing if you go the GB way, I don't know if its true or not, but I am happy with paying a bit extra and getting MAX and being sure I have everything.

This is all wrong, but if it works for you...that's all that matters.
There is nothing missing from what you get in the Group Buy as compared to S2 Max.
They're all the same Synths.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heath row said:

Stop and think...there are 33 Synths in the group buy that are ALL Syntronik 2....not Syntronik 1.
Those 33 Synths are EXACTLY THE SAME, regardless of whether you get them
individually, or in Max.  The only thing that "gets lost" is if you are using Syn 1
Synths in Syn 2, where you lose the Syn 2 presets and the Syn 2 full "Edit" capability.  

So, if the Group Buy goes ALL THE WAY, you WILL get EXACTLY THE SAME as if you were to buy Syn 2 Max!
If it doesn't go all the way, then your Syn 1 Synths will not get the Syn 2 Presets or Editing.

If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected, but there is LITERALLY no way I can be wrong!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2