IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

7 hours ago, Grem said:

Ref: Syner _V

I keep getting this message when selecting certain instruments. I know this was talked about but I can't figure it out. I have deleted the Syner-V file from IKPM d/l locations. Had IKPM reinstall the lib and I am still getting this error. Seems this is the only Synth getting this error. All others seem to be working.

Go to your IKM product page and download the files manually for the synths that exhibit this issue.

I use IKPM for the actual authorisations only,  For the synth installs, I always do these manually - never had ad issue doing it this way.

Yes, I know IKPM should just work, but it still has issues with installs.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

Go to your IKM product page and download the files manually for the synths that exhibit this issue.

That's what I ended up doing. I only d/l the Part 3 &4 files. The ran the installer from within those zip files and it worked a charm!!

8 hours ago, Promidi said:

I use IKPM for the actual authorisations only,  For the synth installs, I always do these manually - never had ad issue doing it this way.

Yes, I know IKPM should just work, but it still has issues with installs.

That's what I'm doing these days. The Product Manager doesn't even check to see if the files were downloaded correctly.. surprised it doesn't even do simple checksums, like SHA256,MD5, etc..

I had low disk space at one stage when I was moving files around and the Product Manager said it downloaded to files and installed correctly. It did throw an error on one failed install, but everything showed as installed. Even though half the presets wouldn't work for those Syntronik synths. That's how I noticed it.

The weird thing with Syntronik 2 is that it says all the sounds are downloaded, but that's when only demo sounds are...

I stopped trusting it after that...

Edited by MusicMan

I got around to installing everything this weekend. I did not have the patience to do everything manually, so I just used the PM with a custom installation folder. Everything seemed to have worked. But I will check the GS-V and Syner-V.

Got some lovely sounds out of it so that's a plus. Also got multiple crashes of Ableton when using it (I think I used the Sampletank VST), so that's a definite minus. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have released a maintenance update to Syntronik 2.

What’s New in Syntronik 2.0.3

- Fixed a bug where Multis using a Syntronik 1 preset were not loaded correctly
- Improved GUI clarity on Windows systems using lower resolution displays
- Fixed a bug where the pitch bend range was displayed incorrectly on the Edit panel
- Fixed a bug on the SH-V panel where the Osc 2 controls were reversed
- Fixed a bug on the VCF3 panel where the BPM Sync and Osc 2 controls were reversed
- Fixed a bug in the 99 Synth where Syntronik 1 presets were missing the 12dB filter slope
- Fixed a bug on the Modulum panel where controllers were recalled incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where time DAW signature changes could cause an audio glitch
- Fixed a bug where Syntronik 1 preset Porta and Glide knobs were recalled incorrectly
- Fixed a bug in where Syntronik 1 presets incorrectly displayed the filter slopes for the C and R Type filters
- General reliability improvements

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We have released a maintenance update to Syntronik 2.

What’s New in Syntronik 2.0.3

- Fixed a bug where Multis using a Syntronik 1 preset were not loaded correctly
- Improved GUI clarity on Windows systems using lower resolution displays
- Fixed a bug where the pitch bend range was displayed incorrectly on the Edit panel
- Fixed a bug on the SH-V panel where the Osc 2 controls were reversed
- Fixed a bug on the VCF3 panel where the BPM Sync and Osc 2 controls were reversed
- Fixed a bug in the 99 Synth where Syntronik 1 presets were missing the 12dB filter slope
- Fixed a bug on the Modulum panel where controllers were recalled incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where time DAW signature changes could cause an audio glitch
- Fixed a bug where Syntronik 1 preset Porta and Glide knobs were recalled incorrectly
- Fixed a bug in where Syntronik 1 presets incorrectly displayed the filter slopes for the C and R Type filters
- General reliability improvements

As part of this, does any content have to be re-downloaded?

• Like 1

Re: GUI  Unfortunately, the fonts (and images, too) used in Syntronik 2 are still way smaller than Syntronik.  Wish they had font/image scaling. 

Nice to see some of the filter and other parameter issues fixed.  

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo (if -> of)

2 hours ago, asprog said:

Old Syntronik Deluxe multis are still buggy: some have not the same sound, some have empty slots...

Any reported issues with Multis should have been fixed as I've been told.  If you still have issues please reply to your support ticket and let the team know so they can investigate further to see what's causing  your issue.

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Any reported issues with Multis should have been fixed as I've been told. 

This is actually not an issue with any specific multis. Unfortunately it is a bug in Syntronik 2. Only the first instrument slot responds to aftertouch. Confirmed with the latest Syntronik 2 update.

If you create the same layers in SampleTank 4 with Syntronik 2 instruments, the aftertouch works with any slot.

Not a showstopper for me, but just fyi... :)

21 hours ago, asprog said:

Old Syntronik Deluxe multis are still buggy: some have not the same sound, some have empty slots...

I confirme

1-Little game of differences, on the multi "Bio Diversity4673082.png?fm=pjpg&w=1020&fit=max&s=3bb

I did not put the part 3 or part 4 but it's the same on the other parts the filter is disabled in Syntronik 2!
This bug affects all Syntronik 1 multis in the beat, groove and groove split folders.

On the other hand with Syntronik 2 version 2.0.2 when a preset was not loaded correctly by a multi, there was an asterisk before the name of the multi and before the name of the faulty "part" but there is nothing anymore, unless you check with Syntronik 1 you'll realize it more🙃

2-The resonance of the LPF "O-type filter" still doesn't work on Syntronik 1 presets loaded in Syntronik 2.

3-The cut off, resonance and AHDSR envelope of the BPF "O-type filter" still don't work with the Syntronik 1 presets loaded in Syntronik 2.

4-In addition to that, the difference I heard on the "O-type" filter, even with a resonance of 0, between a preset loaded in Syntronik 1 and 2 is confirmed (...by me😄) BUT ON ALL FILTERS

1217603817_j-60thinflangingsweepdtailleditorinline.thumb.png.84d27635acbb1917498535032f5a31dc.png

Already with the unmodified preset (first audio item) we can see a difference in level

Same thing on the last 2 audio items, one with an LPF 'M-type' and the other without any filter. => The bug is not only the filter section or enveloppe filter...

On the 2nd audio item, with effects disabled, on the 3rd and 4th with effects disabled and OSC 2 disabled65522599_1beatand2stepsbefore.thumb.png.09fee6b93f233a135e8f45fffd69ca50.png

We can see that Syntronik 2 does not respect the envelope (or envelopes) since there is a 1 beat and 2 step shift to reach the maximum audio level of this sweep!

These 3 bugs affect all Syntronik 1 presets loaded in Syntronik 2, all Syntronik 1 multis loaded in Syntronik 2 and all Syntronik 2 multis containing a Syntronik 1 preset (or part)!

If you want to test, it is more obvious on low notes.

I also made a small render on the multi "Cold Lead" without the effects

1189962337_coldleadmulti.thumb.png.bca1173f7e32dd7f23c20f75722bcf61.png

So we find the same bug and sound differences !

Edited by oqpoil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Not really, already answered on KVR, please check out the detailed reply to the core issues you mention.

Peter - IK Multimedia reply at KVR:

A Syntronik Multi does not simply load presets. The Multi saves ALL parameters of the 4 parts. You can modify the presets within the Multi, and the modified version of the preset gets saved in the Multi without affecting the original preset. So a preset loaded in a Multi part can very easily have the same name as a regular preset but still sound radically different. This is normal.

I know that but i don't know if you have understand that this screenshot is a render of the multi "cold lead" loaded in Syntronik 1 compared to the same multi loaded in Syntronik 2
4673100.png?fm=pjpg&w=1020&fit=max&s=b34

But the difference in sound level is obvious and you can't pretend it's normal

5-On the Syntronik 2 presets, the resonance of the 6dB LPF "C-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "C-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "O-type" filter still does not work, the resonance of the 6dB HPF "Classic" filter still does not work.

Peter - IK Multimedia reply:

Beyond Syntronik, a 6dB filter by design has no resonance peak. The Resonance knob will therefore have no effect on any of the modes of any of the filters with a 6dB slope in Syntronik or any other synth.

😱
WRONG

Like you can see here
144868473_6dbresonancelp.thumb.png.107231e87d2b651a83ac5b582fadc82c.png

1644399840_6dbresonancehp.thumb.png.3f91bf3c3a4d898ff002d90a45dd7258.png

1047557285_6dbresonancebp.thumb.png.da498b4e38ec1dd0491b967627b0107a.png

In Syntronik 2 you have resonance peak and the resonance knob clearly affect the sound if you play with!

Your answer is a little bit worrying from a support that is supposed to solve Syntronik 2 bugs and help the customers  😪

As I said in a previous post these new slope and resonances are part of the new features of Syntronik 2!

I don't know if this answers comes from you or the support but someone missed something and it's not me. 😉

Edited by oqpoil