IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

Glad I vaguely remembered and found Dave's post from 11 days ago as this is still an issue - thought I'd bump it up in case anyone has the same problems with Syner V.
Thanks  Dave!

As I recall, Syner-V was a weird install. It placed a lot of the sample content into a separate folder. That caused errors when trying to open presets.

But after I figured out what the installer had done, it was a simple fix to drag them over to the main Syner-V sample folder.

• Like 1

Thanks for confirming Jacques     ( @Jacques Boileau ).

All three of the GS-V "Funky Wah ..." instruments generate the error.  I found a couple others which also reference the missing "GS-V Funk Piano.pak."

The "GS-V Harpischord I.pak"   is missing too.

Edited by Tom B
Added additional missing GS-V ".pak" files.

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

As I recall, Syner-V was a weird install. It placed a lot of the sample content into a separate folder. That caused errors when trying to open presets.

But after I figured out what the installer had done, it was a simple fix to drag them over to the main Syner-V sample folder.

Yes, I found that too. I thought it was a glitch in my install, but now see that it is a bug.

@Peter - IK Multimedia this should be reported to the devs.

One of the pack is extracted and copied as is into the Syner-V sample folder and we end up with the file 'Install Syntronik 2 Sound Content.exe' and directory 'Syntronik 2 Sound Content' in '..\Samples\Syntronik Syner-V' and the samples from that part are missing in '..\Samples\Syntronik Syner-V'. I hope this is clear enough, if not let me know.

Edited by Jacques Boileau

16 minutes ago, Tom B said:

All three of the GS-V "Funky Wah ..." instruments generate the error.  I found a couple others which also reference the missing "GS-V Funk Piano.pak."

Ok, found the problem. For some reason one of the part files does not get automatically installed. The file is 'SYN2_GS-V_Part_4.zip' found under '../IK Product Manager/Syntronik GS-V' if you haven't erased your install files yet. It is the one containing the needed samples. I copied the samples from that zip file to the 'Samples/Syntronik GS-V' and the preset you mentioned loads. All the samples from that zip where missing. So, like you  said, other presets won't load either.

@Peter - IK Multimedia This info is also pertinent to communicate to the devs. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Tom B said:

The "GS-V Harpischord I.pak"   is missing too.

I saw a discussion of the GS-V issues over on the KVR forums. It appears that the issue is related to not all of the zip files are installed. But since I passed on GS-V, I have no details to share on the fix here...

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

I saw a discussion of the GS-V issues over on the KVR forums. It appears that the issue is related to not all of the zip files are installed. But since I passed on GS-V, I have no details to share on the fix here...

See above. And that's without reading KVR! 🤣

6 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Ok, found the problem. For some reason one of the part files does not get automatically installed. The file is 'SYN2_GS-V_Part_4.zip'. It is the one containing the needed samples. I copied the samples from that zip file to the 'Samples/Syntronik GS-V' and the preset you mentioned loads. All the samples from that zip where missing.

@Peter - IK Multimedia This info is also pertinent to communicate to the devs. Thanks!

Thanks!  I now see those missing "pak" files in "SYN2_GS-V_Part_4.zip" (installation file).   I'm going to try copying over too.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, abacab said:

Fyi, the group buy is on it's last day, and is currently about to hit 4,000 participants, standing at 3,952!!!

I'd say it was a success!!! :)

This last burst was pretty wild. Less than a week ago I was doubting it would even hit the 3k mark!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I was considered skipping the GS-V too given it's appx 30GB, but decided to try it out. I'm going to manually install the missing files per Jacques' suggestion. Hopefully, there isn't something else missing that would require downloading it again!

Edited by Tom B
  • Like 3

Is the issue with GS-V the same as Syner-V?  I know I had issues with both and resolved them by installing the individual parts.  But maybe this is a new issue?

It came back to me (thanks to pencil and paper notes): Because it was the largest and I was putting all the new synths on an internal SSD, I installed GS-V first using the Product Manager (because some people recommend that over the individual file installation method. From pencil and paper notes:

• did Prod Manager
  • issues
  • did manual installation of parts

Syner-V was the third to be installed, and by that time I gave up trying to use the Product Manager to install the 11 new Synths. 

Thanks for reporting the issue the GS-V issue to the group here.  I just checked all the Funky Wah presets.  They work.  

Conclusion: Different causes (GS-V and Syner-V), but the same solution works for both with one difference: for Syner-V two of the parts required going into a folder within the out folder to do the correct installation.

image.png

Edited by User 905133
(2) clarification of the Syner-V issue; (1) to withdraw question as I figured out what happened when I installed GS-V

Thanks for the heads up  GS - V guys. Hadn't come across that issue yet. Wonder if there are any more?!

I think the cost of the group buy was probably less than the electricity I used leaving the PC on to download and extract all the files. All done now though! 

I haven't checked this in detail yet but all the multis I have tried so far seem to be using Syn 1 patches as they can't be edited.  I installed the multis we were given with the group buy. When I look in the multi folder most of them seem to have been created a while ago. Wondering if there's an installation glitch here as well. Anyone else had same issue.

Just like to say thanks to everyone who has been so supportive to me and other forum members over the course of this group buy with their advice and solutions to issues. What a great place we have here!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abacab said:

I imagine the fix would be to go to your IKM product page and download the sounds manually.  This is precisely why I do not use the IKM product manager to do actual installs.....  I just install the sounds manually - that works every time..

Syner-V has a different install issue than GS-V issue. I did some research this morning and here are my findings.

The GS-V issue is that one of the zip files is not copied at all by the install process: SYN2_GS-V_Part_4.zip

For Syner-V all of the zip files get installed but two of the files are malformed and has an extra level of folder which makes the install copy the wrong thing. I am kinda surprised the install process doesn't give any error message on this though. The file SYN2_Syner-V_Part_3.zip and SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip have the following folder structure:

• Syntronik 2 Sound Content
      • Samples

When it should simply be:

• Samples

These get copied in the root of the Syntronic 2 sound content folder. If you manually fix the install of these two files in the Syner-V folder, make sure you erase '../Syntronik 2/Syntronik 2 Sound Content' and '../Syntronik 2/Install Syntronik 2 Sound Content.exe' to recover 8.64 GB of space.

add detail as per @User 905133 below
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Thanks for exploring the GS-V issue.   

Also, Syner-V part 3 has the same issue.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:44 AM, User 905133 said:

Thanks!!  I thought I had it fixed,** but I didn't check all of the Syner-V presets until today and still had the "Instrument ST4 error . . . ."  I found the misplaced Sound Content folder in the wrong spot. . . .

PS: I reported this to support.

image.png.de9bdabd7434b935b276b556613bd3bb.png

So, when product manager handles the malformed zip files, the second Sound Content folder gets placed into the Samples folder and the Syner-V folder with the sample files themselves doesn't get put into right spot (until we follow Dave's fix).  

**CORRECTION AND UPDATE [2022-06-01]: Previously I fixed the GS-V issue. So when the Syner-V issue came up, I was actually remembering the GS-V issue/solution.  I just downloaded the Syner-V files again.  They are still malformed.

According to information on the internet, there may also be issues with other Syner-V files.  

Edited by User 905133

For a guitar player, I am having a ton of fun running through some of the presets! Seems like I'll run out of time before I run out of presets to try! 😋

I was running through some of the pads and they are so rich and full, very nice!

If anyone has a few minutes please try the preset 'Abundant Vineyards Pad'. On my setup there is a lot of crackle on chords. I don't know if it is intended, my setup, or a bug. In any case, no big deal with the number of great pad presets available! 👍

6 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

If anyone has a few minutes please try the preset 'Abundant Vineyards Pad'. On my setup there is a lot of crackle on chords

I just tried 'Abundant Vineyards Pad' here on my set up... (As per signature).  No crackling here in ST4.16 and Syntronik 2.01 - smooth as. 

You might want to check your levels. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

For a guitar player, I am having a ton of fun running through some of the presets! Seems like I'll run out of time before I run out of presets to try! 😋

I was running through some of the pads and they are so rich and full, very nice!

If anyone has a few minutes please try the preset 'Abundant Vineyards Pad'. On my setup there is a lot of crackle on chords. I don't know if it is intended, my setup, or a bug. In any case, no big deal with the number of great pad presets available! 👍

A lot of the presets seem to be set too loud/hot.  Use the overall volume control on the top right of the interface to turn it down and see if that tames the crackle you're hearing.

I'm also a guitarist and same here... having a blast running through presets, but way too many to actually get any sense of which ones I like more than others.  I do favorite ones that strike me in a particularly good way when I find them.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1