IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

10 hours ago, TicoJPunk said:

I have Syntronik 2 installed, along with every one of the synths.  I never installed Syntronik CS.  Should I?  Is there anything extra going on with that?

Is Syntronik 2 working? Do you have all 33 Instruments and all the Generation 1 (SYN) and Generation 2 (SYN2) presets installed and working?  If so, based on what I have seen CS [a super lite version] will not add anything you don't already have.

The CS version of Syntronik 2 has a very small number of presets with a minuscule number of wave sets.  

Edited by User 905133
to add a line
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

After we have downloaded the synths do we have to download the Sounds Updater files? 

I looked at one or two and from what I saw, they have replacement (maybe supplemental?) sound content files.  They are not very big. The largest one I have is for 99 (66,099 KB).  Most are smaller than 15,000 KB).  The install time for the update files is way quicker than the GB [Great Big!] Sound Content Installation.  Just an FYI.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - yes I'd noticed they were smaller - I am wondering if they will get installed automatically whilst I'm downloading the instruments - which is proving to be exceptionally slow process especially as one decided to pause itself whilst I was away from the PC!

36 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Is Syntronik 2 working? Do you have all 33 Instruments and all the Generation 1 (SYN) and Generation 2 (SYN2) presets installed and working?  If so, based on what I have seen CS [a super lite version] will not add anything you don't already have.

The CS version of Syntronik 2 has a very small number of presets with a minuscule number of wave sets.  

Thanks.  Yes, everything appears to be in place and working as it should be, so I'll continue to not bother with CS.

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

Your Syntronik 2 multis have been registered to your IK user area. :)

Syntronik 2 multis.PNG

Great news! I am not seeing it in my account yet. I haven't downloaded any of the synths yet, so that might explain it. Is it under Syntronik 2 CS - Download ressources?

FYI: Just noticed that any multi that tries to load a synth that isn't installed yet will cause an instant crash of the standalone, or the plugin will crash your DAW.

I looked inside one of the crashing multi files using Notepad++ (they are XML, so human readable), and yup, there are two out of three synths that I don't have installed. The Harpy and the Memory V.

Syntronik 2 multi - arpy party.PNG

Edited by abacab

14 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Great news! I am not seeing it in my account yet. I haven't downloaded any of the synths yet, so that might explain it. Is it under Syntronik 2 CS - Download ressources?

I had to go to the website and bring up My Products to see this message. It was not in Product manager.

2 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

That is where I looked.  @abacab's screen shot hinted at the web page, but it is not showing up for me.

Maybe the rollout is taking some time to get to everybody. Just check back later and contact support if nothing shows up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I’m thinking I’ll just download everything from My Products to be sure I have all the sounds within the 180-days timeframe and not bother with Product Manager (yet). 

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that option too. OTOH, may be creating still more work for me if I’m gonna eventually use Product Manager to install—since Product Manager leaves behind all the zip files.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that option too. OTOH, may be creating still more work for me if I’m gonna eventually use Product Manager to install—since Product Manager leaves behind all the zip files.

You can archive them instead of paying a download fee. 

1 hour ago, abacab said:

FYI: Just noticed that any multi that tries to load a synth that isn't installed yet will cause an instant crash of the standalone, or the plugin will crash your DAW.

I looked inside one of the crashing multi files using Notepad++ (they are XML, so human readable), and yup, there are two out of three synths that I don't have installed. The Harpy and the Memory V.

Syntronik 2 multi - arpy party.PNG

OK, I confirmed this by installing my two missing instruments. The multi loads fine now!

Of course, I wish that Syntronik 2 threw an error regarding missing instruments instead of just crashing.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2