IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

37 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

Since it hasn't been asked in the thread I imagine it's obvious to everyone else :) CS plus all the synths is identical to Max and it's safe to unlock all the products in the promotion page and start installing? Or is Max different somehow and would it unlock somehow, therefore we should hold off installing?

Good question--basically: if you have Syntronik CS and install all 33 of the new packs and then get/install the Multis when they come out, is it the functional equivalent of Syntronik MAX?

This has been asked and stated, yes, but you would have limitations as stated in the Official Syntronik 2 Group Buy Rules--e.g., you cannot transfer them to anyone else, you need to keep the one you purchased in your account, and while you can transfer that one, you loose the promos and the transferee only gets the single instrument originally purchased.  Its a log thread, but I will see if I can find the post where this was addressed.

Here is where cclarry mentions it.  Looking for a related post from Peter IK.  Here is where the start of some more posts talking about the contents. 

I guess a follow up question might be: Does Syntronik 2 MAX include all the Generation 1 presets (Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe) and if so, does the SYN2GB Instruments include those, too?  

The post from Peter says, YES!

On 4/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I verified with our Testing Manager that the group buy synths are all V2 synths, so you get all of the instruments for the particular model/synth (factory content for both V1 and V2 versions), which includes the Tracks (Oscillator) options in the EDIT page.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by User 905133
edits
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Ah thanks - of course that is why they are all saying installed! I was confused! So 'Reinstall Library is the thing to do? 

It doesn't help that not all of the Syntronik 2 sounds are labelled as Syntronik 2!

Yup, that's the way, unfortunately. And since others have mentioned it, it's not just you and me! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I believe this has been asked and stated, yes, but you would have limitations as stated in the Official Syntronik 2 Group Buy Rules--e.g., you cannot transfer them to anyone else, you need to keep the one you purchased in your account, and while you can transfer that one, you loose the promos and the transferee only gets the single instrument originally purchased.  

Even if you wanted to give away the synth that you purchased, the IK License Transfer Credit would cost you $19.95.

I don't see any upside to that transaction... 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

It's going to be a long 180 days 😉 

Well even if you only reinstalled one synth a day, all 33 would only take slightly more than a month! 180 days should be enough! :)

• Haha 1

I've got a few queued up for tonight 🙂 

Doesn't help that my wifi is only giving me 10Mps from the 96 I'm getting coming into the house! Must upgrade this BT Smart Hub 2 sometime! Too much congestion and can't choose 5Ghz channel it just randomly allocates channels to devices on a whim! 

Edited by JoeGBradford

10 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I've got a few queued up for tonight 🙂 

Doesn't help that my wifi is only giving me 10Mps from the 96 I'm getting coming into the house! Must upgrade this BT Smart Hub 2 sometime! Too much congestion and can't choose 5Ghz channel it just randomly allocates channels to devices on a whim! 

Yep, understand. I finally upgraded my Wi-Fi Router and my USB Wi-Fi adapter in my PC in 2020. Big difference now using 802.11ac with the 5GHz channel!

Get high speed from my ISP all the way thru to my Wi-Fi connected PC now! Benchmarks same as the PC that is hardwired to the router with an Ethernet cable! :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, Hexen53 said:

I have selected all my synths from the promotions page except for the Pro-v

There are two listed - Pro-V and Pro-VS

Does anyone know why and which to choose?

They're based on different synths. You should have enough promotion slots to choose both.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BTP said:

They're based on different synths. You should have enough promotion slots to choose both.

Thanks - the Pro-VS is one of the new ones that I selected earlier in the promotion - I should have figured that out! Still, it would be more helpful if the selection list excluded items that have already been selected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hexen53 said:

. . . it would be more helpful if the selection list excluded items that have already been selected.

I thought it does.  There are two shades of grey that were hard for me to tell apart at first. Confirmed on my PC: SYN2 Instruments previously selected are slightly lighter (like 5-10%) and get skipped over.  Maybe its different on different computers? on different browsers?

Edited by User 905133

If you scroll down the promo items list, it also will not allow you to select the same one twice as a promo!

However, if you already had a license for any of them prior to the GB, you can pick them again.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

For current Syntronik 2 MAX users the multis were added into both the full sounds installer but also in the "Download Resources" area so I'd suggest looking there and if you don't find them there we'll have to wait for the team to be fully back in order to get the issue rectified.

Thank you all for joining or at least keeping up the conversation about this group buy.  It was because of you and people like you that this hit the top tier.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

For current Syntronik 2 MAX users the multis were added into both the full sounds installer but also in the "Download Resources" area so I'd suggest looking there and if you don't find them there we'll have to wait for the team to be fully back in order to get the issue rectified.

Thank you all for joining or at least keeping up the conversation about this group buy.  It was because of you and people like you that this hit the top tier.

Is there any way that IK could grant all Group Buy participants an NFR license for Syntronik 2 MAX? That would resolve everything! :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 6

35 minutes ago, abacab said:

Is there any way that IK could grant all Group Buy participants an NFR license for Syntronik 2 MAX? That would resolve everything! :)

That is explicitly written on IKM GB promo page:

"Buy 1 Get 32 Free* when 3,000 registrations are reached

And so on, up to our goal of 3,000 participants, giving you Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Synth titles for the price of 1!"

and this:

"That means you could get Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Syntronik Synths for the price of 1 single Synth!"

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/

Lets hope, that IKM stands to their words.

Edited by Abstract
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

After we have downloaded the synths do we have to download the Sounds Updater files? It's a slow process for me so far at 1.1Mb / s!

I didn't.  And everything seems to be working fine, but interesting question.

• Like 1