IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

5 hours ago, pseudopop said:

After participating in the last group by I think I'm in a strange situation where upgrading my Total Studio MAX is not going to the best value for money anymore.

So I guess I'm in...

It would be great to see IK improve their upgrade options and actually look at what products you already own when upgrading instead of just one. They do miss the mark there, which is a shame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Funny thought... 🤨

Anyone joining the GB now will KNOW that they get everything for one purchase. With 2 days left, that's like stealing candy!!! 🤣

Yeah, that’s why I hurried to jump in at 31 freebies 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I may be guilty as charged - still dithering though! 

If you haven't gotten it yet, there's still time to get and try the free CS version before the SYN2GB is over.  For the most part it only has less than a handful of presets per instrument, but it would give you some hands-on experience with the new Syntronik 2 Edit Panel, the 4-layer architecture, etc.  It has somewhere around 100 SYN2 presets.

Personally, I don't think the presets in the CS version showcase the new instruments as well as others they could have chosen.  The Jordan Rudess videos give a better idea, but even then, they are not intended to showcase the full diversity of the presets.

PS: At one point I did an installation of CS in a separate folder: SYN2_CS on an SSD Drive.  I just checked: Its 3.26 GB.  I mention this in case you try it and want to set it up in a separate folder for easy deletion if you decide its not for tou.

Edited by User 905133
To add a PS
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - I have Syntronik 2CS and also Syntronik 1 (which I got through a Total Studio 2 Max deal)  but haven't used them that much (mainly due to lack of time!) - just counting up how many synths I already have from Syntronik 1 (20) and just about to compare that with the ones in the group buy to see what I would gain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeGBradford said:

Tallied up and I'd get 15 new synths so still a very good deal! The promised multis are a sweetener too. 

You get 15 new synths plus all your S1 synths get additional S2 presets with additional features like the ability to edit preset wave sets (which is a new feature).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - Do I have to add and download replacements to my old synths to get the new Syntronik 2 presets? - I think I read earlier that I would not need to re download these

Edit - I've bitten the bullet and bought!

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

JMO: If you are in no rush (considering that you haven't had time to explore CS yet) and might upgrade to a newer Total Studio Max in the next year or two, you could set aside the money for the SYN2GB for the TS MAX Upgrade.  But if you think the full set of 33 instruments might inspire you, its the best deal we've seen so far for Syntronik 2.  As others pointed out, you don't have to install them all.

Some of us got one instrument as a promo from a third-party vendor and another from a magazine promo.  Each one installed separately.  So you can treat all 33 as a personal monthly reward for a couple of years (if you decide to get them now)!

15 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Do I have to add and download replacements to my old synths to get the new Syntronik 2 presets? - I think I read earlier that I would not need to re download these

If you go for it, I highly recommend at least choosing all of them as promos within 30 days.  That should give you 180 days to try to find some space for the downloads.  After that you can install them as needed.

Also, Syntronik 2 will pick up your Classic Instrument Presets (Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe) from the previously installed location. But, you might not want to uninstall the older Syntronik software itself. Some people have said some of the "Generation 1" presets sound different in Syntronik 2.  

Edited by User 905133
to add a reply to a question that came in as I was finishing up my initial reply.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Thanks - Do I have to add and download replacements to my old synths to get the new Syntronik 2 presets? - I think I read earlier that I would not need to re download these

Edit - I've bitten the bullet and bought!

I did not have to download replacements. The S2 versions of the S1 synths are a separate entry in Product Manager. I just installed them.

• Like 1

Since I had previously installed the Syn2  CS version with the limited v2 demo presets, I had to "reinstall" all of the individual v2 synths from IKPM to get the full preset package, as Syn2 CS had marked all of the new synths as already installed in IKPM (but only with the handful of demo presets).

Edited by abacab
  • Sad 1

Wasn't able to find this on the product pages -- outside of the multi patches being discussed: is there any difference in the host software between CS and Max? The group buy references the highest level being MAX twice:

That means you could get Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Syntronik Synths for the price of 1 single Synth!

and

And so on, up to our goal of 3,000 participants, giving you Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Synth titles for the price of 1!

Since it hasn't been asked in the thread I imagine it's obvious to everyone else :) CS plus all the synths is identical to Max and it's safe to unlock all the products in the promotion page and start installing? Or is Max different somehow and would it unlock somehow, therefore we should hold off installing?

edited last paragraph for clarity

Edited by mister_tea

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

Since I had previously installed the Syn2  CS version with the limited v2 demo presets, I had to "reinstall" all of the individual v2 synths from IKPM to get the full preset package, as Syn2 CS had marked all of the new synths as already installed in IKPM (but only with the handful of demo presets).

Ah thanks - of course that is why they are all saying installed! I was confused! So 'Reinstall Library is the thing to do? 

It doesn't help that not all of the Syntronik 2 sounds are labelled as Syntronik 2!

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

Since it hasn't been asked in the thread I imagine it's obvious to everyone else :) CS plus all the synths is identical to Max and it's safe to unlock all the products in the promotion page and start installing? Or is Max different somehow and would it unlock somehow, therefore we should hold off installing?

I'm running the Syntronik 2 CS, and have unlocked all of mine. CS appears to be fully featured, so no downside that I'm aware of. The difference in the SampleTank and Syntronik product lines lies around the content offered, not the core synth engine.

• Thanks 1