IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Steak Sauce!

Sorry I'm an A1 steak Sauce person myself.  Think it stems that where I grew up in the city, all the summer BBQ events had A1.  Now it is a staple for me. For that matter I got my one daughter hooked on it too!  

Maybe IK should start naming Synths after Condiments 🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Let me try to clear this up. If you already have S1 synths installed for, example in your SampleTank 3 folder, which is the default for S1 synths, then when you install the S2 version of the S1 synth, it only installs the extra needed files in the S2 locations. The Product Manager will not nor does it need to download the S1 files. However, in this scenario, you need to keep the S1 sounds around. But there are no duplicates because S2 is using the already installed S1 files. If you do what Abacab did and use a completely new Syntronik 2 content folder for all things Syn2 and reinstall all the S1 synths, then there will be duplicates until you delete the original S1 files. Also, as Abacab has stated, you will not be able to use the S1 synths in SampleTank 3 if that is important to you.

Good summary of the options! :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Ok. That makes sense. I have been installing my 2s in the same fashion as Abacab and I’m using ST4, not 3. I assume then if we hit 33, and I continue to install my 2’s in the same fashion, I can then delete all of my 1s (as well as the 1 dl). 

Don't forget to look in Windows "Programs and features" for Syntronik 1. Let Windows uninstall as much as it can, them manually look for any remnants like .dll files and content folders that Windows might have missed, especially if you have ever moved anything from the default install locations.

And I am going to back up any user data like Syn1 presets and multis that I have made, in case I want to use them in v2.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

We're going to make it ;)  

Where is the link for the super discount on another HD Pete?

Wait HD doesn't stand for "MIDI controller"... I'm confused. :P

12 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Wait!  IK is now selling ketchup ? 

Sorry I'll get my summer jacket........

I'm also someone who associates 57 with ketchup.

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Steak Sauce!

I do have to agree with the A1 preference, personally.  As much as I don't like to agree with @InstrEd most times :D But having lived in Pittsburgh for such a long time, I definitely see the steak sauce instant connection too.  Heck, their nasty vegetarian beans are even popular with the English folks in the States so they certainly cast a wide net.

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Me too Ed!  Well, actually I don't like Steak Sauce, because I want to taste JUST the meat,
but, if I were using Steak Sauce it would most definitely be A-1

I've never really liked the taste of A1 or any particular Steak Sauce. We always had it on the table at home...

If the meat actually doesn't taste that great, you could always use ketchup! It works on burgers, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Some steaks do well with a chimichurri but most times I'm a "just the steak" guy too.

Lone Star Steak House has a Bourbon Sauce that is CRAZY GOOD!
I believe the Steak is called "The Haystack"!  YUMO!

So, let me ask for some thoughts on this, I have Syntronik 2 Full as part of a TS Bundle and I picked up the 11 new SYN2 Packs with the GB.  Is there any reason for me to use the additional promotions--other than for the potential to try to sell the TS Bundle?  If so, are there reasons to get duplicates (from the GB) for the 22 Classic Packs v. duplicates of the 11 new ones? 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

Just now, abacab said:

I've never really liked the taste of A1 or any particular Steak Sauce. We always had it on the table at home...

If the meat actually doesn't taste that great, you could always use ketchup! It works on burgers, right?

Same for me...no steak sauce!  MEAT PLEASE!

• Like 1

Just now, User 905133 said:

So, let me ask for some thoughts on this, I have Syntronik 2 Full as part of a TS Bundle and I picked up the 11 new SYN2 Packs with the GB.  Is there any reason for me to use the additional promotions--other than for the potential to try to see the TS Bundle?  If so, are there reasons to get duplicates (from the GB) for the 22 Classic Packs v. duplicates of of the 11 new ones? 

My reasoning is that if, somewhere along the line, I have to sell TS Max, I still have all the products, even without TS MAX.

I got the 11 new ones right off the bat, then doubled all the others, because that's all it would let me do...LOL

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

20 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Wait HD doesn't stand for "MIDI controller"... I'm confused. :P

That is a great idea Pete!   A combined MIDI controller and HD promotion.  Of course I get the MIDI Controller for free including S&H ;)