IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

5 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

I have a 2TB external Samsung SSD but it is already more than half full. I am also thinking about system back up space - though I am thinking of adding another removable drive to the 4Tb one I have already

I'm still running these off a HDD.    Most ST based libraries don't take long to load.

• Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Are you sure about the need to keep around the old 1s, if we have the same synth in 2 configuration? I thought Peter said that installation of the 2 version did not actually modify the 1 version installation, but instead provided an entirely new download , which included 1and 2 instrument presets. Peter?

Let me try to clear this up. If you already have S1 synths installed for, example in your SampleTank 3 folder, which is the default for S1 synths, then when you install the S2 version of the S1 synth, it only installs the extra needed files in the S2 locations. The Product Manager will not nor does it need to download the S1 files. However, in this scenario, you need to keep the S1 sounds around. But there are no duplicates because S2 is using the already installed S1 files. If you do what Abacab did and use a completely new Syntronik 2 content folder for all things Syn2 and reinstall all the S1 synths, then there will be duplicates until you delete the original S1 files. Also, as Abacab has stated, you will not be able to use the S1 synths in SampleTank 3 if that is important to you.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

26 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Let me try to clear this up. If you already have S1 synths installed for, example in your SampleTank 3 folder, which is the default for S1 synths, then when you install the S2 version of the S1 synth, it only installs the extra needed files in the S2 locations. The Product Manager will not nor does it need to download the S1 files. However, in this scenario, you need to keep the S1 sounds around. But there are no duplicates because S2 is using the already installed S1 files. If you do what Abacab did and use a completely new Syntronik 2 content folder for all things Syn2 and reinstall all the S1 synths, then there will be duplicates until you delete the original S1 files. Also, as Abacab has stated, you will not be able to use the S1 synths in SampleTank 3 if that is important to you.

Ok. That makes sense. I have been installing my 2s in the same fashion as Abacab and I’m using ST4, not 3. I assume then if we hit 33, and I continue to install my 2’s in the same fashion, I can then delete all of my 1s (as well as the 1 dl). 

• Great Idea 2