IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

31 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Syntronik 2 synths are enhanced. There are additional version 2 presets that can make use of the new features in Syntronic 2 like wave sets. Most of the V2 updates for V1 synths have been less than 200MB for me for any V1 synth I already had installed. 

You might want to compare the sizes of the files already installed with the sizes listed in Project Manager.  I had to hit the "reinstall" button to update all the ones I downloaded because the sizes were radically different.  (I had the CS version before the Group Buy and the PM assumed everything was installed when it actually wasn't).  

5 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Is the sale still on? I didn't get a chance to buy it over the weekend.

I went to the IK site and didn't see a link. Sure I seen the group buy promo but no link to actually buy it.

The group buy page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb has links to all 33 Syntronik 2 synth choices for entry.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Release said:

You might want to compare the sizes of the files already installed with the sizes listed in Project Manager.  I had to hit the "reinstall" button to update all the ones I downloaded because the sizes were radically different.  (I had the CS version before the Group Buy and the PM assumed everything was installed when it actually wasn't).  

I did. I am not talking about the new Syntronik 2 synths; I am talking about the Syntronik 1 synths with the Syntronik 2 additions. I too had the 2 CS version and S1 Deluxe before the GB and had to do what you did for the new S2 synths that I got with the GB. But any S1 synth I already had installed did not need to download anything except the additional S2 content. Most of my S1 content download has expired so there is no way I can "reinstall" unless I pay the $10 fee to redownload all the S1 sounds. It does not make sense for IKM to required you to download additional S1 content that was expired to make S2 presets work. 

Edit:

I did what you suggested for Syntronic 2 M-Poly, ie selected "Reinstall Library". What it did was download the S1 sounds again, which I had already downloaded and installed, as well as the S2 content. Not only that, it installed the sound content in a different location from the original location. The sound content for M-Poly was already in my SampleTank 3\Samples\ folder but but doing a reinstall installed the sound content in my Syntronik 2\Samples folder as well. It also installed the instrument files for S1 in Syntronik 2\Instruments\Factory. I already had them in  SampleTank 3\InstrumentsFactory. So performing a "Reinstall Library" actually doubled the size sound content for M-Poly with duplicate files.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

Anyone know of these, which are the standouts?  Deciding final moves as this thing slows down.  

Galaxy- Alesis Andromeda
M-Poly- Korg® Mono/Poly and Polysix
99- Yamaha SY99
SAM- Oberheim SEM
Blau- PPG Wave 2.3
V-80- Yamaha CS-80, GX-1 and CS-01

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The group buy page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb has links to all 33 Syntronik 2 synth choices for entry.

Thanks. I was looking for a one link wonder. No such thing.  I guess we aren't up to the max yet. If I buy in now then I'll get the rest after the final tally, whatever the 'rest' ends up to be.

I wanted to download all that I can since it seems Syntronic 1 sounds are not quite as baked as these are. I'm getting a "promo" indication on the ones that are covered so far. I am indeed showing a Syntronic CS now instead of Syntronic 2 in my user area so I'll be adding more than I originally thought.

4 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I did. I am not talking about the new Syntronik 2 synths; I am talking about the Syntronik 1 synths with the Syntronik 2 additions. I too had the 2 CS version and S1 Deluxe before the GB and had to do what you did for the new S2 synths that I got with the GB. But any S1 synth I already had installed did not need to download anything except the additional S2 content. Most of my S1 content download has expired so there is no way I can "reinstall" unless I pay the $10 fee to redownload all the S1 sounds. It does not make sense for IKM to required you to download additional S1 content that was expired to make S2 presets work. 

Edit:

I did what you suggested for Syntronic 2 M-Poly, ie selected "Reinstall Library". What it did was download the S1 sounds again, which I had already downloaded and installed, as well as the S2 content. Not only that, it installed the sound content in a different location from the original location. The sound content for M-Poly was already in my SampleTank 3\Samples\ folder but but doing a reinstall installed the sound content in my Syntronik 2\Samples folder as well. It also installed the instrument files for S1 in Syntronik 2\Instruments\Factory. I already had them in  SampleTank 3\InstrumentsFactory. So performing a "Reinstall Library" actually doubled the size sound content for M-Poly with duplicate files.

Must admit all this has me a bit confused. I thought that Peter said early on (page 2 or 3 of this thread) that the Syntronik 2 versions of synths in this GB did not “per se” modify the existing already downloaded and installed  Syntronik 1 version of the same synths. Rather, that it downloaded and installed new sound content that included the presets from 1 and 2- the only limitation in it being that the presets from 1, could not be edited through the new Edit page of Syntronik 2. Are you finding any of this not to be the case?

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Must admit all this has me a bit confused. I thought that Peter said early on (page 2 or 3 of this thread) that the Syntronik 2 versions of synths in this GB did not “per se” modify the existing already downloaded and installed  Syntronik 1 version of the same synths. Rather, that it downloaded and installed new sound content that included the presets from 1 and 2- the only limitation in it being that the presets from 1, could not be edited through the new Edit page of Syntronik 2. Are you finding any of this not to be the case?

This is exactly my experience. All the V1 synths that I upgraded to V2 just downloaded and installed the V2 content. What I described above is what happened when I did a (unnecessary) "Reinstall Library" as suggested by "Release" after I had already installed the V2 content. The behaviour of the "Reinstall Library" actually seems like a bit of a bug to me.

Pace has definitely picked up, not by a lot, but noticeable.  It's now on a 50 per day-ish rate up from around 33-ish per day.  Still a rough road to 3000 though.   These Group Buys are fascinating to watch/predict/analyze.  I just want the dang Multis!

• Like 2