IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

I've had Syntronik 2 Full since less than a week before the SYN2GB was announced.  So, I don't need more than the 11 new ones.  At present, I have 14 promos available that are useless to me. 

Wishful Thinking: Wouldn't it be great (as in a 3-way win-win-win scenario) if after the SYN2GB ends and it doesn't go all the way to 33 Instruments, loyal customers (say for example, those who have paid cash to IK of over $300 since first becoming customers) are given an opportunity to gift (i.e., no transfer fee) unused/unneeded promos to other customers to fill in their collections?

Gifters win because their duly earned promos don't go to waste; giftees win because they get to round out their collections; IK wins because when new IK synths and bundles come out all customers will have wonderful feelings about IK and will likely spend more money to up-/cross-/max grade to products that include what they already have.

• Like 2

Down to 2.  Just pass that next marker already.  We'll be at 1+25 to start the week.  Then I'm curious to see how far we get by Friday.

Because of this group buy, IK has been on my radar a bit more than usual, and I realized that I never picked up Philharmonik 2.  I bought v1 AGES ago, and that software aged out to the point where you can't even install it.  But with Jampoints I got the crossgrade to v2 for $69.  I don't use orchestra sounds that much, but I always enjoyed having those sounds around when I need them.  Listening back to old recordings I added string parts to my songs more often than i remember doing.  

Wonder how much extra biz they drum up like this during a Group Buy?

Edited by TicoJPunk
  • Like 2

I'm not the holdout.... IKM is holding out on ME.   Like Larry, I am having no luck getting into Product Manager, the IKM website or anything.  If IKM clears it up, the GB counter will go down by one cuz I'll be buying in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

16 to 25....we're not going to make it....pace is way too slow...with 816 to go....

IK has been pretty good with extensions before AND... It's much better publicity for them if it goes all the way, so there may still be hope.

People talk about those sales for many months, or even years after the event for really great group buys, which generates more sales, but customers are not going to rave about it to the same extent unless they get all of them! 😉😎

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Hey, we are beating KVR in number of GB thread pages.... again! 😄

Nice. That thread on KVR is super negative and infused with too much drama for my tastes. Much more level headed crowd over here. I actually registered on here just to participate in this thread!

At this point I don’t see it going all the way by the current deadline. There’s really no motivating factor now. It’s ALREADY an amazing deal. Can’t imagine there are many holdouts at this point. It’s all a matter of getting the info to people that weren’t aware of the deal in the first place. 

Question...

I've got about half of the synths already with my Syntronik 1...I've downloaded all the ones I didn't already have but still have many more freebies left.

Are the Syntronik 2 synth versions different or enhanced than the version 1 series?  Do I need to go ahead and download the eleventy jillion gigs of the v2 synths to replace my v1 synths???

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I wouldn't know. In solidarity with Larry, I don't read KVR! 😏

3 hours ago, TicoJPunk said:

Nice. That thread on KVR is super negative and infused with too much drama for my tastes. Much more level headed crowd over here. I actually registered on here just to participate in this thread!

At this point I don’t see it going all the way by the current deadline. There’s really no motivating factor now. It’s ALREADY an amazing deal. Can’t imagine there are many holdouts at this point. It’s all a matter of getting the info to people that weren’t aware of the deal in the first place. 

You wont find an IK fan club on KVR. 

I check KVR every day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Patrick said:

Question...

I've got about half of the synths already with my Syntronik 1...I've downloaded all the ones I didn't already have but still have many more freebies left.

Are the Syntronik 2 synth versions different or enhanced than the version 1 series?  Do I need to go ahead and download the eleventy jillion gigs of the v2 synths to replace my v1 synths???

Syntronik 2 synths are enhanced. There are additional version 2 presets that can make use of the new features in Syntronic 2 like wave sets. Most of the V2 updates for V1 synths have been less than 200MB for me for any V1 synth I already had installed.