IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You shouldn't have to wait.  The Syner-V installation in IK Product Manager was fixed shortly after issues were reported.  IK Support can iron out anything beyond that.  I don't know of other issues with the synths, they should be like they are for many a quick few clicks inside IK Product Manager and done.

Sorry to tell you this but well after I solved the problem on my PC and after I reported the problem to Support, I downloaded the the files again.  They were still malformed.  I did get a reply with a little video showing me how to fix it--one of two methods I already knew worked.  Maybe they fixed it after I reported it?  Is that what you mean by it "was fixed shortly after the issues were reported?"

Edited by User 905133
grammatical correction

1 minute ago, User 905133 said:

Sorry to tell you this but well after I solve the problem on my PC and after I reported the problem to Support, I downloaded the the files again.  They were still malformed.  I did get a reply with a little video showing me how to fix it--one of two methods I already knew worked.  Maybe they fixed it after I reported it?  Is that what you mean by it "was fixed shortly after the issues were reported?"

Correct. At least as of last night, Syner V downloads from Product Manager were still not installing correctly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I don't know of other issues with the synths,

There is still the issue of pitch bend ranges being double what is dialled in on any Syn2 synth (and on ST4.16 that loads any synth that uses the ST4 engine)

This issue only manifests in Sampletank 4.17 and Syntronik 2.02 (which is why I bring it up here)

Two months ago, I lodged a ticket with IK Support (with requests for progress update in between) and they have yet to address this.

Until this is resolved, I am stuck on Syntronik 2.01 and Sampletank 4.16

8 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Sorry to tell you this but well after I solved the problem on my PC and after I reported the problem to Support, I downloaded the the files again.  They were still malformed.  I did get a reply with a little video showing me how to fix it--one of two methods I already knew worked.  Maybe they fixed it after I reported it?  Is that what you mean by it "was fixed shortly after the issues were reported?"

8 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Correct. At least as of last night, Syner V downloads from Product Manager were still not installing correctly.

Confirmed the issue still exists.  I just finished installing Syner-V using the Product Manager, and some of the content was created in the wrong directory.

I fixed the problem using the procedure described in this post  by @Dave Schreier .

• Thanks 1

Speculation: Is it possible that a number of problems including this installation issue have been known for a while and phase 1 of the solution is the amazing GB:  $35 ($50 minus $15 in Jam Points) for up to 33 SYN2 Instruments, including 11 new Generation 2 Instruments?   Or, maybe its a reward for being Beta Testers and once all the problems are fixed the price will go up?  I don't know.  I am still trying to understand IK's MO.

In either case, I am glad I picked up the 11 new instruments--even with the problems.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Speculation: Is it possible that a number of problems including this installation issue have been known for a while and phase 1 of the solution is the amazing GB:  $35 ($50 minus $15 in Jam Points) for up to 33 SYN2 Instruments, including 11 new Generation 2 Instruments?   Or, maybe its a reward for being Beta Testers and once all the problems are fixed the price will go up?  I don't know.  I am still trying to understand IK's MO.

In either case, I am glad I picked up the 11 new instruments--even with the problems.

An interesting theory. Perhaps because I’m a little older than some of you guys (and  somewhat crankier😆), it’s becoming a bit wearing on me. Yes, their products are very good, and yes their deals are very good…..but I’d definitely prefer to spend more time with the music and less with the downloads, trying to figure out how to fix the downloads, re-downloading…..

Edited by LAGinz

23 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Yep.

17 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Yes, their products are very good, and yes their deals are very good…..but I’d definitely prefer to spend more time with the music and less with the downloads, trying to figure out how to fix the download

Big yep

• Like 1

I already bought Syntronik Deluxe previously, but decided to jump in on the group buy to pick up the 11 new instruments and add some support 🙂

For approximately $34 with jampoints, that's a pretty crazy price to get a whole heap, or maybe all of the Syntronik 2 synths!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I bought into this because for $35, even if I ended up not liking it very much, no big deal.

I was looking at Arturia's Collection 9, but I can't stomach the cost.  But after demoing some of the Arturia stuff and now playing with Syntronik 2, I'm glad I went with Syntronik.  It's just a really well thought out all-in-one synth engine.  Sounds are great, variation seemingly limitless.  And IK always makes plugins that are easy on the eyes.  Controls are nice and big and I can see everything without reading glasses.  Not an issue for everyone, but for me it makes a make or break difference.  I've used a bunch of T-Racks for years that I continue to really like a lot.  

In any case, this GB has really taken off.  I've only redeemed half of my "free" synths, and I'm already overwhelmed with options (not in a bad way).   

Anyone have any favorite synths they'd like to mention?

Edited by Kip Count
spelling.
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, cclarry said:

16 to 25....we're not going to make it....pace is way too slow...with 816 to go....

I think it's going to bother me more to finish with only a few models short than it would be if it ended with about 15-20.  SOOO close to getting the whole thing.

Right now I've got 5 more unredeemed.  I've got 7 more synths I've marked as ones I want, the others as a non-priority.  But the more I use the ones I have and the more I'm finding I like them, I'm definitely now wanting them all.  

I'm having a hard time imagining there's a rush in the last couple days.  The deal is ALREADY such a good one.  Any hold-outs have already bought in probably.  It was 885 to go Friday afternoon.  We've gone 70 in 48 hours.   So MAYBE we'll get another 300 by the end if we're lucky?!  

Edited by TicoJPunk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TicoJPunk said:

I think it's going to bother me more to finish with only a few models short than it would be if it ended with about 15-20.  SOOO close to getting the whole thing.

Right now I've got 5 more unredeemed.  I've got 7 more synths I've marked as ones I want, the others as a non-priority.  But the more I use the ones I have and the more I'm finding I like them, I'm definitely now wanting them all.  

Can you buy in a second time to finish it off?  lol

Yes you can!

Just now, TicoJPunk said:

Is there anything tricky about it?  Or you just buy another module like normal, and you get more promo redemptions?

No tricks...just like you said...buy another one and you get another set of "X" freebies

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No tricks...just like you said...buy another one and you get another set of "X" freebies

Cool.  Thanks.  DEFINITELY waiting till the last possible second for that, cause you never know.  Other people might get the same idea, and then BAM, it reached 3k anyway!

Edited by TicoJPunk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I think what might be the "Catch" to this is that things that you've already picked, you won't
be able to pick them again....

Which is fine.  The only goal would be to collect them all.  But if I'm being honest, there is absolutely a ton of redundancy in owning all of them.  I've got 20 of them downloaded and installed already, and I can't imagine in a million years what kind of sounds I DON'T already have.  A lot of them do very similar things with slight tonal variations.   It's just hard to sort out which NOT to get.  I've leaned into the newer ones first, and models that I know are in songs I like.  After that it's just eeny meeny miney mo.

Edited by TicoJPunk
  • Like 2

I haven't seen the stats for this GB but, from what I remember, typical budget reset dates (e.g. 1st or 15th of the month) have some correlation to purchases ramping up

If that's the case, maybe a last-minute extension of 1 or 2 days (for those people with their May budgets maxed out), to be announced on the last day, would help for this GB to reach it's target.

Hopefully this is already in @Peter - IK Multimedia's mind