IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

6 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Eg… “ Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path D/Syntronik 2/Samples/Syntronik Syner-V/Syner-V Square Decay/Syner-V Square Decay .pak”

It sounds like the sounds for Syner-V did not get installed correctly. The specific pak for the file above is contained in SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip. Are you on a PC or a MAC?

8 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

It sounds like the sounds for Syner-V did not get installed correctly. The specific pak for the file above is contained in SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip. Are you on a PC or a MAC?

On a PC, and already tried reinstalling everything.  Is there a master list for what’s on Part 4? That way I might at least isolate the issue.

Do you have SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip? It should be in your IKM Product Manager download folder. You can just double click on the zip file to see the contents. 

We can take this discussion offline too via DM so we do not fill up this topic with support help.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

18 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Do you have SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip? It should be in your IKM Product Manager download folder. You can just double click on the zip file to see the contents. 

We can take this discussion offline too via DM so we do not fill up this topic with support help.

Thx. I’m also  starting from scratch on my backup computer, which doesn’t have Syn 2 installed on it yet.

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

If you do manage to find it on your PC somewhere,  the exact file size of “SYN2_Syner-V_Part_4.zip” should be 4,682,162,618 bytes

You should be able to find the file in the folder specified in the IK Product Manager Download Folder settings. Should not be hard to find at all unless it was not downloaded in the first place.

17 hours ago, LAGinz said:

A little off topic, but I get an error message when clicking on about half of the Syner V instrument presets. Have tried re-installing,   Re-scanning, checking content paths, etc. Any other ideas ? Thx

16 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Eg… “ Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path D/Syntronik 2/Samples/Syntronik Syner-V/Syner-V Square Decay/Syner-V Square Decay .pak”

I had this tonight with the Syner V installation using the IK Product Manager. 

2022-05-20 Update:  See Dave Schreier's post below.  It looks like malformed Syner V *.zip files (Sound Contents) caused the "Instrument ST4 Error."  Dave's solution is to move them to the right place.

Edited by User 905133
edit to report on the issue

4 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I have Syntronic 2 and didn't know it. Goes to show how much I use this lol. 

So I guess I'm into this for 11 synths to get the equivalent of MAX unless those selections are not in the selection pane.

syntronic 2.JPG

They're there...those were the only 11 I didn't have either, but NOW do...and everything after those 11 are duplicates.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

So I guess I'm into this for 11 synths to get the equivalent of MAX unless those selections are not in the selection pane.

Check under the products tab. You may only have Syntronic CS like me:

image.png.224217512ef9f81dd34e3e5dc1d07571.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

Try opening up the IK Product Manager and do a refresh. 

The way I have installed all of these is by downloading the zip files of the sound files manually, extract the files and run the exe files from the extracted files' destination folder.  This works every time.  No error messages when loading patches (in SYN2 or ST4)

I trust the IK Product Manager to do the actual activation, but not the installation.

If that doesn't work, you can try your luck with IK support:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

6 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Thx. Have tried this though

I have meet this bug too

Even when you run the "Install Syntronik 2 Sound Content.exe" files from the extracted zip you can have trouble with installs, the exe files may be buggy

For definitively solve this you can manually copy the contain of the "Syntronik 2 Sound Content" folder in your Syntronik path library

Do this with all Syner V zip files and all should work fine

Edited by oqpoil

2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

syntronic 2.JPG

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Check under the products tab. You may only have Syntronic CS like me:

image.png.224217512ef9f81dd34e3e5dc1d07571.png

Don't unistall Syntronik 1

On 5/12/2022 at 5:11 PM, oqpoil said:

I know why many user reporting that v1 instruments sound different in both version!

It's a huge bug with the filter section and/or filter envelope of Syntronik 2, with some V1 presets but also V2  presets on some of the 22 "classic synths" while everything is fine and the sound is different for the same presets played with Syntronic 1.

ex: Take the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V:

-Try to modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance...=> no effect, no filter 🤨 and the sound is so different from the same preset played with Syntronic 1 (it is more obvious in the low notes C0,C1...)

-Try all the possibilities (lpf,bpf...) of the 7 filters, slope/slope and modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance => sometimes it's the cut off, sometimes the resonance, sometimes both that have no effect, sometimes you just can't choose the slope (the slider stays locked) while it's available in Syntronik 1

-Try to save a project with the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V (without modifying it), close and reload your project, go to Syntronik 2, already there is an asterisk on the name of the preset, which means that it has been modified, go to the editing panel (the front of the synth) and there from bpf it has changed to lpf🤔

I have seen the same type of problem on SH-V, SAM, Noir, T-03...so far. It always has something to do with the filter section, the envelope I've only seen it once.

So, advice to those who had version 1 don't uninstall it!!! While waiting for it to correct

And those who have only version 2 of Syntronik test the filter and report to IK support because only for the SAM, the presets Syntronik 1> synth bass: Fat Resonant Bass, Feeder, Fingered Bass, Flanged Round Bass = BUG of the filter (I did not test the others)

Don't hesitate to make tons of noise when you contact the support 😜 THE FILTER SECTION IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

I have tested many things:

-install shv-v1 and shv-v2 on the same directory and define only one path directory in Syntronik 2 => no change
-install only the synth sound and not the Syntronik 2 CS "Sound content" => no change
-re-download the sounds => no change
-i have tested with sampletank 4 => same bug

The bug occur with Syntronik 2 presets too
"Shinjuku Wobble Pad 3" from shv if you choose r-type filter you can't choose between 12 or 24 slopes because the slider stay locked on the 12 slope.

This bug have been confirmed by two other customers in IKM forum https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30034

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LAGinz said:

error message when clicking on about half of the Syner V instrument presets.

I install Syntronik Libraries to a "Syntronik 2" folder on my E drive.  The samples get installed into "E:\...\Syntronik 2\Samples", and then into their respective instrument folders.

But about half of the Syner V samples got installed into "E:\...\Syntronik 2\Syntronik 2 Sound Content\Samples.  I moved them from there to "E:\...\Syntronik 2\Samples\Syntronik Syner-V" to fix it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

On 5/20/2022 at 2:50 AM, Dave Schreier said:

I install Syntronik Libraries to a "Syntronik 2" folder on my E drive.  The samples get installed into "E:\...\Syntronik 2\Samples", and then into their respective instrument folders.

But about half of the Syner V samples got installed into "E:\...\Syntronik 2\Syntronik 2 Sound Content\Samples.  I moved them from there to "E:\...\Syntronik 2\Samples\Syntronik Syner-V" to fix it.

Thanks!!  I thought I had it fixed,** but I didn't check all of the Syner-V presets until today and still had the "Instrument ST4 error . . . ."  I found the misplaced Sound Content folder in the wrong spot.

I looked at the downloaded zip files for Syner-V and sure enough Parts 3 and 4 are malformed. The Sound Content is buried within a second Sound Content folder. 

This explains why the correct solution is to move them up to the correct Samples folder (the folder that has the other Syner-V parts correctly installed ).  

PS: I reported this to support.

image.png.de9bdabd7434b935b276b556613bd3bb.png

So, when product manager handles the malformed zip files, the second Sound Content folder gets placed into the Samples folder and the Syner-V folder with the sample files themselves doesn't get put into right spot (until we follow Dave's fix).  

**CORRECTION AND UPDATE [2022-06-01]: Previously I fixed the GS-V issue. So when the Syner-V issue came up, I was actually remembering the GS-V issue/solution.  I just downloaded the Syner-V files again.  They are still malformed.

According to information on the internet, there may also be issues with other Syner-V files.  

Edited by User 905133
(3) Correction and Update added 2022-06-01; (2) to add and image showing the zip file issue; (1) clarification
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Schreier said:

Dude, you are epic! That’s the fix.😁

• Like 1

I might hold off some until they get this sorted at the install level.

Last evening I went through my Syntronik 2 preset sounds and they seemed rather sparse or maybe it is the CS version. I will need to check this.. Possibly some of those installed into a different location as well. I had similar issues with Philharmonic 2 involving missing file locations when I didn't make any changes to anything.

If I access Syntronik 2 sounds from inside of ST4 they all show up as independent in my instruments list. If I launch Syntronik 2 as a plugin independently in a DAW then I see the navigation panel. I am guessing this is how it should be.

I was really hoping I could just buy the product and install it without a lot of hassle. Oh well.