IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

3 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Sorry if asked before but until when can we select and download GB free choices?

Go your "Promotions" link in your account. All of the current 22 free product links will be available for selection. You have 30 days from end of promotion to make your choices. I've been grabbing them as each one was made available! :)

The downloads are then good for 180 days after selecting them...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, abacab said:

Go your "Promotions" link in your account. All of the current 22 free product links will be available for selection. You have 30 days from end of promotion to make your choices. I've been grabbing them as each one was made available! :)

The downloads are then good for 180 days after selecting them...

Thanks.  I assumed this was the case but then saw a few of you spent all weekend downloading your options so got me worried I was missing a deadline hahah 

28 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Thanks.  I assumed this was the case but then saw a few of you spent all weekend downloading your options so got me worried I was missing a deadline hahah 

I was downloading last November’s Group Buy as those downloads’ 180 days are running out in a week or so. 

• Haha 2

Any way to have Product Manager install content in a custom location on your hard drive? I know you can move the content (and signal paths) after downloaded and installed, but I find that to be a somewhat PIA.

UPDATE:  See Tom B's post immediately following this post.  He has distilled the Product Manager Method to the basic steps so there's no need to consult the manual or the FAQ sheet.  Thanks!  (I'll have to join the SYN2GB just to try it with the new SYN2 only synths.  

14 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Any way to have Product Manager install content in a custom location on your hard drive? 

I think there is, but you'd have to read the Product Manager manual.  After several attempts, I found it easier for me to install the content files individually.  I know Peter says to use the Product Manager.  There's a FAQ sheet that might help.  Perhaps you can get to it using the IK Support navigator and choose "Syntronik."  It might be covered in FAQ 1423

14 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I know you can move the content (and signal paths) after downloaded and installed, but I find that to be a somewhat PIA.

The FAQ is too busy for me (takes to long to parse), so I just doing it intuitively--probably what you would call a PITA: Find *.zip sound content file(s) for the SYN2 instruments, unzip it/them, run the installer, click the agreement, set the path, etc.

image.png.ce1491fa54c6e8d3a28c4d3c960aa5fc.png

I assume that's what you mean by "signal path."  For me its much easier than using the Product Manager which involves clicking the dots, etc. IIRC.  That didn't work for me.  Maybe you can get it to work.

Edited by User 905133
(3) to reference the steps posted by Tom B; (2) to add info about my intuitive method; (1) to add a link to FAQ 1423

3 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Any way to have Product Manager install content in a custom location on your hard drive? I know you can move the content (and signal paths) after downloaded and installed, but I find that to be a somewhat PIA.

Here is the process I've been using  recently when installing Syntronik 2 content ...

When installing a specific instrument, the location of samples and other content can be set during installation
using these steps:

• In the IK Product Manager,  go to the "Sounds" tab.
  • Find the instrument to be installed and select  "... More options"
  • Select "Install to ..." 
  • Enter a directory path.  Example: I created a root directory path for all Syntronik 2 on a 'samples' drive.   
  • When the path is entered and "select" button pushed, the download and installation starts.

Before installing, the  location of the  installation files can be set using the IK Product Manager.  
I've been using the default location and periodically move the files to a USB back drive. 
The location can be changed using these steps:

• Press the preferences icon (gear/cog symbol ) right top of the window.
  • Set the "Downloads Folder"
  • Syntronik 2 fills the download location with many gigabytes of files which can be moved after installation

Hope that's what your looking for.  The explanation by "User 905133" should achieve similar results. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 3

51 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Bruford better than White?

Howe better than Rabin?

Roth better than Hagar?

Beck better than Clapton? (resounding yes from me on that one)

Buckingham better than Green?

Scott better than Johnson?

1. Both are great drummers!!!

2. Again, both are great, but I do prefer Howe's style.

3. Hagar. But DLR has his moments. And when he does he's are pretty damn good!!

4. I agree with you on this one. But I have seen Eric and when he played Wonderful Tonight, hair on the back of my neck was standing on end!! It really was that emotional.

5. Green

6. Johnson. Back in Black maybe the best rnr album of all time. After that to me it went downhill. Scott has a style that's never been matched.

Flame away!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1