IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

20 minutes ago, abacab said:

That will open the wave selection pane on the right and you can add any wave in the list.

Yes, I got that far. But it only showed one wave in the list. The same one that was being used in the first two oscillators. 

[edit] TOTP!!!!

Edited by Grem

16 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yes, I got that far. But it only showed one wave in the list. The same one that was being used in the first two oscillators.

That's what you see when you try to edit one of the freebie v2 presets from CS.

You will probably need to use the "Reinstall Library" option for the v2 synths using IK Product Manager (in the "... more options" menu) to get all of the new presets and wave sets. That's what I had to do!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

You will probably need to use the "Reinstall Library" option for the v2 synths using IK Product Manager (in the "... more options" menu) to get all of the new presets and wave sets. That's what I had to do!

OK. I did see the Reinstall Library option, and I think I did reinstall the ones I updated. Not really sure. Let me check this out. Along with User's suggestion below.

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Did you check your Library paths?

Going to do that now.

Will let ya'll know what I find.

• Like 1

From what I can see, you only have one plus a duplicate.  I had triplicates a day or two ago for just one of my synths (SYN2, old instrument) due to erroneous paths. I think I had two different paths that had the same content. CATO Saw No Sub is from CS.  I solved my issue by fixing what I had for the Library paths.

It will probably be different paths than what I have. I used my existing ST3 path for the old stuff. (I had relocated that to an external HDD.)  I installed my SYN2 content one by one** on F:\SYN2, an internal SSD--just for IKM Sound Content installation!!!

Hope this helps.

**I did this while Syntronik 2 was open.  When each instrument was installed (one at a time), the software automatically started the rescan.  It took longer, but I got to see it in action. I did that for maybe 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instruments, and then I did the rest of my SYN2 content files--still one at at time, just not watching the rescan.

I know Peter says to let the Product Manager do it, but I prefer to see as much of the process as I can.  Mainly so when it doesn't work, I can take responsibility for re-doing it.

BTW, the first time I installed the Syntronik 2 Instruments, (1) I previously had a SYN2_CS folder and a SYN2_SE folder so I could verify what each had and then (2) I excluded those paths when building the SYN2 folder one content file at a time.

If you have CATO, you might want to install that alone to a new/unique SYN2 folder and then just have that and your ST3 path in the library.

Or you could contact IK Support.

As usual, I defer to other users who have experience with installing the SYN2 content for the new instruments.  I only have them for the Syntronik2 Full. They should work the same way, but you never know.

Edited by User 905133

CATO looks good!  Congrats!! I hope the installation of the others go well (or show up properly if you already installed them), too.  BTW, once I get the library paths working, I take a png screen capture and save it--just in case I decide to fiddle with it and muck it up.

Edited by User 905133
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, Grem said:

@User 905133 @abacab

This is what I see now when I select the CATO synth!!! I got a whole bunch more Presets too!!! Let me go through the rest of these things and make sure they installed correctly.

image.thumb.png.42784b96326ae7b029ae61954db2a679.png

That looks more like it should be with a v2 synth!

I only have the CS version of the CATO installed, and it only shows "CATO Saw No Sub" in the Osc section.

Glad you got it sorted! Did you reinstall it, or change the path? I do have the 99 installed, and it shows a bunch of wave sets like your example.

Edited by abacab

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Did you reinstall it, or change the path?

Both. All I had in the paths was the folder to SampleTank 3. So I added ST4, and Syntronic 2 folders also.

And reinstalled CATO. If I don't see more on some of the others I will reinstall those too.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Unless they changed something you need about 1k more in a lot less time than that.  3 days left, correct?

I'm guessing that you missed this last Thursday?

So we have 15 days left. and that means about 66 entries per day should take it all the way. That looks achievable!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1