IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

Just got through (today) d/l my new choices. Got all the new Syntronik2 synths. Upgrade 10 of the old ones. 

All I have is Syntronik 1 Deluxe and Syntronik 2 CS and I am really enjoying these new sounds. I don't have a lot of waves to choose from (in edit mode), but what I do have I can work with them and get some really nice sounds. 

I am not a synth programer, just a synth hacker!! LOL 

I am really amazed at how easy it is to work Syntronik synths. I have an old Trigger Finger that I am able to use to control parameters of the synths, I can load four different ones, select the keyboard range very easily, I mean this thing is fun to play with. Spent some hours today just listening and seeing what all it's about. I'm really loving it.

That CATO sounds fantastic!! As does the 99.

I barely scratched the surface of this thing too.

If you thinking about this GB, I would say jump on in!!

I will also get Syntronik 2 when it goes on sale too!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Just spent my Sunday afternoon downloading my 2021 Group Buy cornucopia at thirteen days left. 

Ahhh, you're no fun, why didn't you let them expire, and purchase a Download Ticket thingy, it's almost like buying a new plugin, I 5hit you not.😇

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:42 AM, Nick Blanc said:

I must confess I was a bit confused, but I think I get it now. Seems like Syntronik 1 is just that and it stays that way. Syntronik 2 adds presets and features which are not available when you stay on the S1 plan. Additionally S2 adds extra synths. 

I have the entire S1 collection. So I could buy-in, get the new synths and if there are any slots left I could upgrade the S1 ones I want. 

Does Syn2 , after installed, overwrite Syn1 or do I retain the option of still using the Syn1 framework if I wish (for Syn1 instruments, of course)?

10 hours ago, Grem said:

All I have is Syntronik 1 Deluxe and Syntronik 2 CS . . . I don't have a lot of waves to choose from (in edit mode) . . . .

Initially I wondered about this [see quotes added below]. Are you sure that the downloads don't have all the wave sets to choose from in edit mode for the new presets for the previously owned instruments?  I have CS, SE, and Full, so I was never sure, but it seems to me if you have the SYN2 Sound Content for 99 (for example), for the new presets you should have (1) the ability to edit the presets with the new Edit Panel, including (2) access to all the SYN2 wave sets for that Instrument.

Are your Library paths set up to include both the *.st3 files and the *.st4 files for Syntronik 2?

It doesn't make sense with what Peter and others have been saying all along (and which I believe): If the Group Buy goes the distance and users pick up and install all of the Sound Content files, they will have the equivalent of Syntronik 2 MAX (except for transferability).  

On 4/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I verified with our Testing Manager that the group buy synths are all V2 synths, so you get all of the instruments for the particular model/synth (factory content for both V1 and V2 versions), which includes the Tracks (Oscillator) options in the EDIT page.

The Syntronik 2 version of the original 22 Synths adds new presets built using the updated Syntronik 2 engine that works with the new EDIT page, and it also adds the essential Wave Sets for each Synth that enable you to select the sound in each oscillator.

You can use the original Syntronik 1 version of these Synths with the free Syntronik 2 CS software. The presets will sound exactly the same, and you can edit the presets in the same way as in Syntronik 1. You will also have access to the new effects and step sequencer of Syntronik 2. But you will NOT be able to access the new EDIT page and use the Wave Sets since those require the updated sound content created with the Syntronik 2 engine that are only available in the Syntronik 2 versions of the Synths.

from https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1431 [emphasis added]

This quote from FAQ 1431 also seems to be saying that the new EDIT page and the Wave Sets require "the updated sound content created with the Syntronik 2 engine that are only available in the Syntronik 2 versions of the Synths." 

It seems to me that if you any of the Syntronik 2 versions of the Syntronik Deluxe Instruments such as the ones from the SYN2GB, you should have the new EDIT page and the Wave Sets.

Edited by User 905133
(3) To reference the added quotes in the original post; (2) To add info from IK's FAQ 1431; (1) To add a relevant quote from Peter the Great

12 hours ago, Grem said:

Got all the new Syntronik2 synths. Upgrade 10 of the old ones. 

So the (11 is it?) new synths are worth the price of admission?

How about the updated synths, is there a "real" improvement?

12 hours ago, Grem said:

If you thinking about this GB, I would say jump on in!!

$34 and change with whammy jammy points, No-Brainer!

t

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grem said:

All I have is Syntronik 1 Deluxe and Syntronik 2 CS and I am really enjoying these new sounds. I don't have a lot of waves to choose from (in edit mode), but what I do have I can work with them and get some really nice sounds. 

I have the same, and I am seeing all of the wave sets in the Syn2 instruments.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Grem said:

I will also get Syntronik 2 when it goes on sale too!!

No need to buy it! :)

I don't think there is any difference in the Syntronik 2 program vs. the Syntronik 2 CS, as you are getting all of the Syn2 instruments through the Group Buy! I have all of the features in the CS version!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

So the (11 is it?) new synths are worth the price of admission?

How about the updated synths, is there a "real" improvement?

The new synths are 100% Syn2, and include wave sets and editing ability.

The 22 updated synths add Syn2 presets in addition to the original Syn1 presets. So they are now a hybrid of v1 & v2.

All Syn2 presets include wave sets and editing ability. I can hear a big improvement in the sound quality when using the Syn2 presets! :)

• Thanks 1

Ok, when I was checking out the presets, I had only one option when I tried to choose a wave in the oscillator. The preset I remember had two oscillator waves, both the same, and when I tried to add a third,  it only gave me the option of that one wave, already being used in the first two oscillators.

I could edit all the parameters,  but only one wave was available. 

If I can get access to more waves for the oscillators, and not have to buy Syntronik 2 Full, that's what I would prefer to do.  

So thanks to @User 905133, @abacab for helping me understand this.

Not at home right now so I can't sort this out until I get home. Will post update.

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

Ok, when I was checking out the presets, I had only one option when I tried to choose a wave in the oscillator. The preset I remember had two oscillator waves, both the same, and when I tried to add a third,  it only gave me the option of that one wave, already being used in the first two oscillators.

I could edit all the parameters,  but only one wave was available. 

If I can get access to more waves for the oscillators, and not have to buy Syntronik 2 Full, that's what I would prefer to do.  

Once you have a Syn2 preset open in the "Edit" window, just click on any oscillator name. That will open the wave selection pane on the right and you can add any wave in the list.

To add an oscillator, just click on any empty oscillator slot, and then choose one from the wave selection list. Easy! :)