IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

Just my opinion: Based on the Multis I got with Syntronik 2, I don't think people should avoid the SYN2GB waiting to see if Multis will be included.  From the ones I have that don't crash Syntronik 2 Full, they are OK as idea starters but I am guessing people will probably want to make their own.  And if IK can get user presets and Multis into the ToneNet sharing system, I think that would be a good thing.

For people interested in the new Instruments, from all the ones I have heard in CS and all the new presets I heard in Syntronik 2 Full (Classic Instruments), while the Multis are handy and will likely save some time, I think the larger part of the value of Syntronik 2 comes from the new synth engine with the new Edit Panel controls (4-layers, access to massive wave sets, etc.).

Maybe I should ask Peter:  Would I be violating anything proprietary to IK if I shared the factory Syntronik 2 Multis I have to SYN2GB participants here?  They reference Instruments and Presets that are not part of the full version (i.e., the new Instruments that come with MAX or its equivalent).  Without editing them (which is easy enough to do, though it would be time consuming), they are not much use to me since since I only have the limited, CS versions of the new Instruments and Presets .  No longer relevant; see Peter's reply below.  

Edited by User 905133
to reference Peter's reply 2 posts below.

3 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Just received this back from support:

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

It it happens and all levels get reached I believe we will unlock the additional MAX multi, etc.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions.

Not sure how to read this. Not a definitive yes, but hope springs eternal.

Yes, the multis will unlock when the top tier is reached.  They believe, I know. :)  I just had to verify that a couple of us pushing to make 100% clear exactly WHAT gets unlocked was understood and agreed upon.  Thank Mr Erik Norlander himself for putting his much more than 0.02 worth into the discussion (he and I were of the "they must be unlocked at that point" point of view).  So in short yes you'll get the multis when this gets to the top tier.  Thank you for your patience, sincerely.

2 hours ago, Zolton said:

In case the news hasn't otherwise trickled down here yet, Peter from IK posted this earlier this afternoon over at KVR:

Looks like the new (interim) goal is 2k to get the extra time. Tick tick tick.

Yes indeed!  I think that is attainable.  I'll do what I can, we did send out a much more involved email with the timer, sharing links, and the new goal to unlock an extension so I think it will be clear even to people who don't frequent audio forums :)

1 hour ago, abacab said:

However, I am all in on the wish for IK to release the factory multis if the Syntronik 2 GB goes all the way to MAX, even if we don't actually get the MAX license! :)

Yes, they will be unlocked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Just my opinion: Based on the Multis I got with Syntronik 2, I don't think people should avoid the SYN2GB waiting to see if Multis will be included.  From the ones I have that don't crash Syntronik 2 Full, they are OK as idea starters but I am guessing people will probably want to make their own.  And if IK can get user presets and Multis into the ToneNet sharing system, I think that would be a good thing.

For people interested in the new Instruments, from all the ones I have heard in CS and all the new presets I heard in Syntronik 2 Full (Classic Instruments), while the Multis are handy and will likely save some time, I think the larger part of the value of Syntronik 2 comes from the new synth engine with the new Edit Panel controls (4-layers, access to massive wave sets, etc.).

Maybe I should ask Peter:  Would I be violating anything proprietary to IK if I shared the factory Syntronik 2 Multis I have to SYN2GB participants here?  They reference Instruments and Presets that are not part of the full version (i.e., the new Instruments that come with MAX or its equivalent).  Without editing them (which is easy enough to do, though it would be time consuming), they are not much use to me since since I only have the limited, CS versions of the new Instruments and Presets . 

Sorry I missed this in my multiquote.  You won't have to share them thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wyley said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia 

Do you have any answers about the preset discrepancy between what is listed on the IKM website and what's actually installed? This is a sticking point for a lot of us and I would really like an answer before I buy in.

All I have is that I'm told the .st4i files and wave sets are counted.  I will see if support could put up a more detailed FAQ about it, though, if that doesn't resolve it (and i know some have contacted them directly with their discrepancies).

• Thanks 2

On 12/2/2021 at 9:30 PM, chris.r said:

I have read the whole thread twice and still don't get it how is Syntronik 2 CS suppose to host v1 instruments (I own Deluxe) cause many here are reporting that they do sound different in both versions...?

I know why many user reporting that v1 instruments sound different in both version!

It's a huge bug with the filter section and/or filter envelope of Syntronik 2, with some V1 presets but also V2  presets on some of the 22 "classic synths" while everything is fine and the sound is different for the same presets played with Syntronic 1.

ex: Take the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V:

-Try to modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance...=> no effect, no filter 🤨 and the sound is so different from the same preset played with Syntronic 1 (it is more obvious in the low notes C0,C1...)

-Try all the possibilities (lpf,bpf...) of the 7 filters, slope/slope and modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance => sometimes it's the cut off, sometimes the resonance, sometimes both that have no effect, sometimes you just can't choose the slope (the slider stays locked) while it's available in Syntronik 1

-Try to save a project with the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V (without modifying it), close and reload your project, go to Syntronik 2, already there is an asterisk on the name of the preset, which means that it has been modified, go to the editing panel (the front of the synth) and there from bpf it has changed to lpf🤔

I have seen the same type of problem on SH-V, SAM, Noir, T-03...so far. It always has something to do with the filter section, the envelope I've only seen it once.

So, advice to those who had version 1 don't uninstall it!!! While waiting for it to correct

And those who have only version 2 of Syntronik test the filter and report to IK support because only for the SAM, the presets Syntronik 1> synth bass: Fat Resonant Bass, Feeder, Fingered Bass, Flanged Round Bass = BUG of the filter (I did not test the others)

Don't hesitate to make tons of noise when you contact the support 😜 THE FILTER SECTION IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

I have tested many things:

-install shv-v1 and shv-v2 on the same directory and define only one path directory in Syntronik 2 => no change
-install only the synth sound and not the Syntronik 2 CS "Sound content" => no change
-re-download the sounds => no change
-i have tested with sampletank 4 => same bug

The bug occur with Syntronik 2 presets too
"Shinjuku Wobble Pad 3" from shv if you choose r-type filter you can't choose between 12 or 24 slopes because the slider stay locked on the 12 slope.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All I have is that I'm told the .st4i files and wave sets are counted.  I will see if support could put up a more detailed FAQ about it, though, if that doesn't resolve it (and i know some have contacted them directly with their discrepancies).

I appreciate the answer. From a user-standpoint this feels really misleading at best. Almost like buying software that advertises as "includes x number of fonts" and finding out they included each letter contained within the font as a separate one: "200+ fonts included", but really 4 fonts with the full alphabet in each; extreme example but I think it get the point across and might explain some people's hesitation with jumping in with IK Multimedia.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

71 per day / 3 per hour!  Achievable.

We're pumping out some communication which also encourages sharing and such so hopefully that helps.

Thank you.

Anyway and after you resolved our doubts (and the people in other forums), I think that IKM should do, is extend the timing,... but is only an opinion

2 hours ago, Niky Serrano said:

Thank you.

Anyway and after you resolved our doubts (and the people in other forums), I think that IKM should do, is extend the timing,... but is only an opinion

We have already put an extension out there.  Once 2,000 participants are in the group buy, it will be extended through the end of of the month.

• Great Idea 3

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

71 per day / 3 per hour!  Achievable.

We're pumping out some communication which also encourages sharing and such so hopefully that helps.

Just thought I'd mention that I have not seen any emails about this topic yet, although I am currently receiving registration and support emails from IKM.

Not actually a concern for me personally, as I know what's up, but you may not be reaching all of your intended audience...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

My most recent addition was the Syntronik 2 OXa.

Gotta say this one is a keeper! Already had a couple of OB-X emulations, so I had my doubts, but the v2 presets are great! Even better if you add some sub oscillators to the factory presets. Then you get even bigger, fat, juicy analog goodness!!!  😎

"Manhattan Beach Sunset".

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Just thought I'd mention that I have not seen any emails about this topic yet, although I am currently receiving registration and support emails from IKM.

Not actually a concern for me personally, as I know what's up, but you may not be reaching all of your intended audience...

The email came in for me a few minutes ago.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, abacab said:

I have not seen any emails about this topic yet, although I am currently receiving registration and support emails from IKM.

Same here. Checked Spam folder too. Nothing from IK in regards to this Group Buy.

• Like 1