IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

38 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

TBH, it would not be very hard for IKM to add a feature where Syntronik 2 inventories the installed synths and then only displays the multis that are applicable. It would be similar to Amplitube or T-Racks only displaying presets for installed gear.

Add that one to a very long list of "duh-huhs" or WTF's  from IK over the years as to who made "that" decision. Conclusion is that some of their product managers must not use the products themselves... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some info to try to help others sort out facts from conjecture:

• Facts:
    • I had several IK products including Syntronik 2 CS and SE.
    • Then, on April 14th, I picked up TS3.5 MAX so I could upgrade Syntronik 2 SE.
    • On April 15th, I installed a number of things which included:
      • SYN2_Multis.zip, which included the multis I listed above.
    • Some of the multis contained
      •  Instrument Paths to *.st3i files
      • Instrument Paths to *.st4i files
    • Some of these *.st4i  files (and paths) I do not have
      • because I don't have the instruments.
  • Conjecture:
    • Maybe at one point IK was working on TS 4 MAX but
      • it wasn't ready for release and so
      • TS 3.5 MAX was released  which
        • didn't include any of the 11 SYN2 MAX instruments.
        • but did include the multis
          • just in case would buy them ala carte?
    • [Insert your own conjecture here]

Who knows?  

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos and organized the facts and conjecture
  • Like 2

I wonder if this Group Buy is just a trick for us OCD types to get us to the halfway mark, so we will then have to pony up and buy MAX, or the next Total Studio? 🤔

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, abacab said:

I wonder if this Group Buy is just a trick for us OCD types to get us to the halfway mark, so we will then have to pony up and buy MAX, or the next Total Studio? 🤔

So does that mean if I make it through to the end of SYN2GB without buying in I am officially cured?   🤪

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

So does that mean if I make it through to the end of SYN2GB without buying in I am officially cured?   🤪

I don't think addictions are curable. Once an addict, always an addict, or so they say.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

As I stare at my 1000+ plugin collection, assuring myself that I'm cured... 🤪

Never going to happen my child. The best you can do is try your best to control your GAS 😆

• Haha 1

Any progress yet on determining whether and how group buy participants will get access to the set of Syntronik 2 multis?

It would appear that many people on multiple forums want an answer to this question; some are apparently holding off participation in the group buy until they get an answer.

8 minutes ago, Homer Jones said:

Any progress yet on determining whether and how group buy participants will get access to the set of Syntronik 2 multis?

It would appear that many people on multiple forums want an answer to this question; some are apparently holding off participation in the group buy until they get an answer.

Ask @Peter - IK Multimedia

• Great Idea 1

21 minutes ago, Homer Jones said:

Add me to the list :D

BTW (re: multis).  I made a test Syntronik 2 multi the other day. Today, to sort some things out with my spreadsheet, I set Syntronik 2 to use just my Sample Tank 3 Library Folder.  As expected:

• Syntronik 2 displays and plays the Generation 1 ["v1" st3-based] presets; it does not display the Generation 2 ["v2" st4-based] presets.
  • The st3m multis are displayed and work
  • The st4m multis are not displayed.

The test multi which included some Generation 2 presets was displayed but crashed Syntronik 2, evidently because it referenced either (1) a SYN2 instrument path or (2) a SYN2 presets.  The crash is consistent with crashes I experienced with some of the multis that came with Syntronik 2 Full and which included references to Instruments and Presets I didn't have. 

My test multi (as an st4m) had been stored in my user's Documents folder [. . . \ Documents\IK Multimedia\Syntronik 2\Multis\Syntronik 2].  

All of that is fact.  Here's the conjecture: Perhaps the technical people also discovered that Multis which have erroneous Instrument or Preset paths can cause crashes, they are working on that, and Peter is waiting for the technical people to report back on it.  Just a guess. 

It could also be that I am the only one who has been having crashes with the SYN2 Multis.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, User 905133 said:

It could also be that I am the only one who has been having crashes with the SYN2 Multis.

I suspect that's not true.

If it would have happened to me, I would have just moved on thinking it was just a small glitch or something that I did wrong. Which is what I think the majority of people who experience the crashes do. 

Good work finding that out.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Homer Jones said:

I am there!