IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

10 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Will try to teach myself more about using and them (and creating my own with SYN2), though the ST3 video is what I expected based on what I read in the SYN2 manual.  Pretty simple concept found in lots of gear over the decades.  Just gotta learn the names IK uses. The video is good for that!  Thanks. 

One thing to keep in mind. Syntronik is technically not mutitimbral, unlike some synths such as KORG Triton with its Combis. The four instrument parts are all on the same MIDI channel, so it still lets you layer and split by key ranges to effectively create the sound layers.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, abacab said:

One thing to keep in mind. Syntronik is technically not mutitimbral, unlike some synths such as KORG Triton with its Combis. The four instrument parts are all on the same MIDI channel, so it still lets you layer and split by key ranges to effectively create the sound layers.

Yup!  I stumbled onto that a day or so ago when I was exploring some of the differences between some of the IK Synth Engines (ST3, ST4, SYN, SYN2).  In ST4 I saw the 6 buttons we talked about WRT SYN2, though the ST4 engine with its elements and the SYN2 engine with its Wave Sets have very different capabilities, functions, and uses.  Its kind of like the same or similar features are reworked in the different products.  

Hope all this tech talk is not off-topic for the Deals > Syntronik 2 Group Buy Thread.   

So how do I get rid of Syntronik 1 and those sounds.  I need to reduce bloat.  Syntronik 1 is not in add/remove programs. The next part would to be to remove those sounds.  I have everything for 2.

Edited by Paul Young

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Are these "Multi's" what everyone is saying is included in MAX but not in the individual synths?
That would be VERY STUPID on IK's part. 

VERY STUPID!

Yes, This is what I am talking about, perhaps not clearly enough.

For me, going the MAX way, albeit a little more expensive, calms my OCD mind that I do indeed have everything, even if it turns out that in the end going the other way, GB, you would be granted those missing parts. I'm happy :)

Edited by heath row
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

So how do I get rid of Syntronik 1 and those sounds.  I need to reduce bloat.  Syntronik 1 is not in add/remove programs. The next part would to be to remove those sounds.  I have everything for 2.

You could probably test your theory by ensuring that your Syntronik 2 library content path is exclusively pointed only to a dedicated Syntronik 2 folder, and no reference is made to the SampleTank 3 path.

If everything works as expected, I see no reason that you couldn't just use the delete key on the SampleTank 3 folders that Syntronik 1 is living in.

But YMMV.  Not responsible if it blows up, LOL!!! :)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, heath row said:

For me, going the MAX way, albeit a little more expensive, calms my OCD mind that I do indeed have everything, even if it turns out that in the end going the other way, GB, you would be granted those missing parts. I'm happy :)

Hope you are doing well with the OCD.  I am not familiar with Syntronik's Multis except for what I listened to tonight. For my purposes they seemed like examples and I will most likely be creating my own based on my own needs.  If Peter can help secure any that come with MAX which might be missing from the ala carte instruments, great.  With my own penchant for pursuing details, I will not be obsessing  over them if they don't materialize since I plan on making my own.  😉   

• Great Idea 2

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Hope you are doing well with the OCD.  I am not familiar with Syntronik's Multis except for what I listened to tonight. For my purposes they seemed like examples and I will most likely be creating my own based on my own needs.  If Peter can help secure any that come with MAX which might be missing from the ala carte instruments, great.  With my own penchant for pursuing details, I will not be obsessing  over them if they don't materialize since I plan on making my own.  😉   

I tried copying a v1 Multi (as an example) into Syntronik 2 and it worked. But since it loaded v1 presets, I was unable to access the Edit page from the instruments in that particular Multi.

But as a test, I was able to create and save a v2 Multi of my own from Syntronik 2. Good stuff! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This may have changed lately, or maybe I missed it before, but the group buy states...

And so on, up to our goal of 3,000 participants, giving you Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Synth titles for the price of 1!

Which "seems" like if we hit the 3000 number, they will give us "Syntronik 2 MAX" and not just all the instruments.

Edited by Barrie
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Barrie said:

This may have changed lately, or maybe I missed it before, but the group buy states...

And so on, up to our goal of 3,000 participants, giving you Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Synth titles for the price of 1!

Which "seems" like if we hit the 3000 number, they will give us "Syntronik 2 MAX" and not just all the instruments.

One thing I've learned: Don't assume that what any company means by what they put on a website is what you think it means.

• Great Idea 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

They only mean the "Equivalent 33 instruments contained in Max" but not "Max" itself...that will NEVER happen, 
but, as usual, IK's "wording" is ridiculously vague and deceptive

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 7

I keep playing with it here and there and do get some good results from Syntronic. But I resist as I have too many synths and also these GB means you will get all these synths but it will not count towards any sort of discount towards a Max studio. Thats at least how I understand the IKM busness model.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I keep playing with it here and there and do get some good results from Syntronic. But I resist as I have too many synths and also these GB means you will get all these synths but it will not count towards any sort of discount towards a Max studio. Thats at least how I understand the IKM busness model.

Waves is the same way. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, abacab said:

You could probably test your theory by ensuring that your Syntronik 2 library content path is exclusively pointed only to a dedicated Syntronik 2 folder, and no reference is made to the SampleTank 3 path.

If everything works as expected, I see no reason that you couldn't just use the delete key on the SampleTank 3 folders that Syntronik 1 is living in.

But YMMV.  Not responsible if it blows up, LOL!!! :)

Too bad they forgot uninstallers. Nothing like creating a disaster to happen.  I guess if one did it right just delete everything ST and Syntronik and start from scratch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I have pretty much resigned myself to not wanting or needing MAX studio, so the group buys are fine for me. I already have too many toys in my toybox, at least that is what I tell myself.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Rational me: "you have too many synths and not enough HD space. "

Rationalization me: " every tine you use one of your IK products it ends up being a good fit.

Rational me: " This covers a lot of the same ground as the v collection stuff you still have not completely explored"

Rationalization me: " plenty NOT covered as well"

Rational me: "do you really need to spend more?"

Rationalization me: " you might spend more on tacos in a month!"

Greedy me: " do not touch the taco budget!"

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I have pretty much resigned myself to not wanting or needing MAX studio, so the group buys are fine for me. I already have too many toys in my toybox, at least that is what I tell myself.

I can relate.  If I knew that the SYN2GB was coming up, I probably wouldn't have gotten Syntronik 2 SE and TS3.5 which I got for Syntronik 2 Full.  Do you think that's part of IK's marketing strategy?   🤪

On 5/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, abacab said:

That was my first reaction! But after I calmed down and gave it some thought, I realized why it needs to be that way. :)

You see, the factory multis can and do use any synth and preset in the collection. So they are basically useless unless you have all of the synths and presets at your disposal. Otherwise, you are likely to get one of those annoying pop-up errors when you load a multi, such as "synth preset x cannot be found in path x ... blah blah ".

So for example anyone using the CS or SE editions would be perplexed by these errors when loading the multis due to the missing factory presets.

Edit: after another minute of thought, this occurred to me.  That the factory multis would only be fully effective if you have installed ALL of the Syntronik 2 synths.

TBH, it would not be very hard for IKM to add a feature where Syntronik 2 inventories the installed synths and then only displays the multis that are applicable. It would be similar to Amplitube or T-Racks only displaying presets for installed gear.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1