IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

So, on the topic of the differences between Max and the GB, but asking more directly

In addition to the presets for individual instruments, does Syntronik 2Max also have presets for multis?

If the answer is yes, is there some way (e.g., a free download) to get those Syntronik 2 multis if you have purchased the corresponding instruments separately?

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

So, on the topic of the differences between Max and the GB, but asking more directly

In addition to the presets for individual instruments, does Syntronik 2Max also have presets for multis?

If the answer is yes, is there some way (e.g., a free download) to get those Syntronik 2 multis if you have purchased the corresponding instruments separately?

I have sent a message to support asking if there is a way to download multis if the GB goes all the way. I'll let you know if they respond.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I have sent a message to support asking if there is a way to download multis if the GB goes all the way. I'll let you know if they respond.

I also pushed the multis question to see if those will be unlocked at the top tier.  I'll bump that request Monday.

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I also pushed the multis question to see if those will be unlocked at the top tier.  I'll bump that request Monday.

Are these "Multi's" what everyone is saying is included in MAX but not in the individual synths?
That would be VERY STUPID on IK's part. 

VERY STUPID!

• Like 2

And let me add...if this is true, then this is why it becomes RIDICULOUSLY STUPID on the part of the
Customer to EVER buy an "Individual Product" from IK!  You get NO INCENTIVE WHATSOVER,
NONE...to own their individual products, as they DO NOT decrease Upgrade pricing either,
because the person who owns ONE IK product get's the same "Crossgrade" price as the
person who owns them all, and it's far better just to buy "Collections" and save
yourself a TON OF MONEY AND AGGRAVATION, and I'm speaking from PERSONAL experience!

It's the most ANTI-CUSTOMER system in ALL of Software (and Softube is a VERY CLOSE second place)

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, cclarry said:

And let me add...if this is true, then this is why it becomes RIDICULOUSLY STUPID on the part of the
Customer to EVER buy an "Individual Product" from IK!  You get NO INCENTIVE WHATSOVER,
NONE...to own their individual products, as they DO NOT decrease Upgrade pricing either,
because the person who owns ONE IK product get's the same "Crossgrade" price as the
person who owns them all, and it's far better just to buy "Collections" and save
yourself a TON OF MONEY AND AGGRAVATION, and I'm speaking from PERSONAL experience!

It's the most ANTI-CUSTOMER system in ALL of Software (and Softube is a VERY CLOSE second place)

Come on, tell us how you really feel!

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Are these "Multi's" what everyone is saying is included in MAX but not in the individual synths?

VERY STUPID!

it's awesome
I thought that it was false... but is completely true

OMG!

Edited by Niky Serrano

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

VERY STUPID!

That was my first reaction! But after I calmed down and gave it some thought, I realized why it needs to be that way. :)

You see, the factory multis can and do use any synth and preset in the collection. So they are basically useless unless you have all of the synths and presets at your disposal. Otherwise, you are likely to get one of those annoying pop-up errors when you load a multi, such as "synth preset x cannot be found in path x ... blah blah ".

So for example anyone using the CS or SE editions would be perplexed by these errors when loading the multis due to the missing factory presets.

Edit: after another minute of thought, this occurred to me.  That the factory multis would only be fully effective if you have installed ALL of the Syntronik 2 synths.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fleer said:

But if we get to all the synths in this group bang, will we then have all the Multis?

We should, because then they will all work. But it's up to IK to make them available to the GB participants. They are not part of the CS package.

Peter's on the task already... :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

We should, because then they will all work. But it's up to IK to make them available to the GB participants. They are not part of the CS package.

Peter's on the task already... :)

Are our wishes

Anyway, when you say:

"the factory multis can and do use any synth and preset in the collection. So they are basically useless unless you have all of the synths and presets at your disposal."

Has sense, but what ocurrs if you buy a big amount of them... the multis could be useful too... isn't it? 

I think that could be interesting to have the possibility to download them. After this, if you have problems using them because you haven't all of them... you know that you will have to pay for them.

Under my point of view, IK should give us the possibility to get them.
And as I said, if the user has problems because he hasn't all of them... will have to pay for them to be able to use the multis.

• Great Idea 1

22 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Are our wishes

Anyway, when you say:

"the factory multis can and do use any synth and preset in the collection. So they are basically useless unless you have all of the synths and presets at your disposal."

Has sense, but what ocurrs if you buy a big amount of them... the multis could be useful too... isn't it? 

I think that could be interesting to have the possibility to download them. After this, if you have problems using them because you haven't all of them... you know that you will have to pay for them.

Under my point of view, IK should give us the possibility to get them.
And as I said, if the user has problems because he hasn't all of them... will have to pay for them to be able to use the multis.

Right. It was essentially the same thing with Syntronik 1. Same as it ever was...

• Like 2

I have not used Syntronik Multis, but I am interested. Based on the discussion I searched to see if I have any since I have CS, SE, and Full (not MAX of any of the 11 new MAX ala carte Instruments). Under Public Documents > IK Multimedia > Syntronik 2 > Multis > Syntronik (possibly put there by the default IK PM) folders as follows:

• Bass (with 2 *.st3m files)
  • Beat (with 27 *.st3m files)
  • Groove (with 5 *.st3m files)
  • Groove Splits (with 3 *.st3m files) 
  • Keyboard  (with 1 *.st3m file)
  • Lead (with 2 *.st3m files) 
  • Motion (with 2 *.st3m files) 
  • Pad  (with 1 *.st3m file)

Not sure where they came from (or how to use them, though I can assume); just sharing this in case somewhere down the line fans of Syntronik 2 want to make a User Data Base of Syntronik 2 "factory" resources.

"Knowledge is Power"

"Power to the People"

PS: I found where the Multis are in SYN2, and they ones in the folder are all loadable (plus Default).

Edited by User 905133
to add a PS
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, User 905133 said:

Not sure where they came from (or how to use them, though I can assume); just sharing this in case somewhere down the line fans of Syntronik 2 want to make a User Data Base of Syntronik 2 "factory" resources.

Files with "*.st3m" are Syntronik 1 or SampleTank 3 based multis. They will load in the current products, but are not the latest versions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

Files with "*.st3m" are Syntronik 1 or SampleTank 3 based multis. They will load in the current products, but are not the latest versions.

Good to know!!!!

I looked for and found the *.st4m" files.  I can try to track down where they are from.  In the meantime, I am guessing if I add the location to my SYN2 Library Path and do a rescan (rebuilt the database), they will be added to SYN2.  Maybe.  

PS: Some are in my TS2 MAX folder. Some are in a folder where I installed SYN2 temporarily on 4-19-2022.  Will have to track down my pencil and paper notes to see what I installed at that time. "Stay tuned."  😉 

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I looked for and found the *.st4m" files.  I can try to track down where they are from.  In the meantime, I am guessing if I add the location to my SYN2 Library Path and do a rescan (rebuilt the database), they will be added to SYN2.  Maybe.  

Do you have SampleTank 4? Those might be SampleTank multis...

On 5/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, abacab said:

Do you have SampleTank 4? Those might be SampleTank multis...

Yup.  In a TS2 MAX folder. Plus, from the SYN2 Installation I did on 4-15-2022

[image showing partial directory list of ST4 files removed to reclaim space]

Will try to teach myself more about using and them (and creating my own with SYN2), though the ST3 video is what I expected based on what I read in the SYN2 manual.  Pretty simple concept found in lots of gear over the decades.  Just gotta learn the names IK uses. The video is good for that!  Thanks. 

Edited by User 905133
attachment space reclaimed
  • Like 1