IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I see 88 until 14. You must have advance information!

It changed...it does now say 88....it was 54 when I looked to see if the new freebie had hit...
I think IK is "playin' the numbers"  LOL

Edited by cclarry
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

How's the momentum going?  On track for 33 for the price of 1  by the end of the GB?

By my calculations, we are tracking to hit about 2200 participants by the time 30 days are up. But as we have seen in the past, momentum can pick up as the end approaches, or IKM may extend the group buy so that the requisite 3000 participants is hit. I would be surprised if it didn't make it. I actually only need it to go to 2800 because I already had two freebies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

How's the momentum going?  On track for 33 for the price of 1  by the end of the GB?

Just a guess here, but the GB seems to be on pace for 1 product every 2 days. With 14 days left we should make it to 20 or 21, unless there is a big pile on at the end that takes it all the way... or IK extends the GB... :)

• Like 2

I think I'll just go for Syntronik MAX, as abacab (zzz00m) is finding out in a discussion on KVR, there is/maybe differences in content between owning the full or MAX version and obtaining all the synths via the GB, and also there is a chance the GB might not make it all the way, probably will, but still . . . which would end up costing me more to buy the extra synths on top of the GB entry. Purchasing MAX now will only cost me $50 and a bit more than the GB entry fee. So MAX it is.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:49 AM, heath row said:

Might be a stupid question, but is there any difference at all between buying Syntronik 2 MAX (can get it for around 50 bucks more than entering the GB) and getting them all IF the GB goes all the way. Any difference at all?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller

On 5/3/2022 at 11:23 AM, heath row said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Can you give a definitive answer to the above please?

On 5/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, heath row said:

I'm really looking at differences program wise, content wise, perhaps something only @Peter - IK Multimedia  can confirm.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:20 PM, heath row said:

I'm looking at whether to buy Syntronik 2 MAX, OR enter the GB if it makes it.

Edited by heath row
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

It changed...it does now say 88....it was 54 when I looked to see if the new freebie had hit...
I think IK is "playin' the numbers"  LOL

yeah. its the same thing as in previous GBs. my guess is, they have a  very high volume web site and multiple servers and backends and caching, so each time you hit the site, it flips you over to a different backend. you are seeing counters from different server backends that are slightly off.   the smallest number is the most up to date.

1 hour ago, heath row said:

I think I'll just go for Syntronik MAX, as abacab (zzz00m) is finding out in a discussion on KVR, there is/maybe differences in content between owning the full or MAX version and obtaining all the synths via the G

From what I understand, the only difference is the resale value. Functionally, you end up with the same thing, whether you get it via a maxed out GB, or via MAX.

11 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

From what I understand, the only difference is the resale value. Functionally, you end up with the same thing, whether you get it via a maxed out GB, or via MAX.

Doug is right.  Anything you receive in a Group Buy as a "Freebie" is NFR.  Only the product you purchased to get into the GB can be resold,
and only after 90 days - and if you used CREDITS to buy it, then it automatically becomes NFR. 
If you buy Syntronik 2 Max, you get all of the same products as in the Group Buy (33) but the difference is that 
it can be resold, provided you didn't use Gear Credits to buy it, AND it can be used for a "Max-Grade" to Total Studio Max 3.5 (soon to be 4).  The individual products, even if you own them all, DO NOT QUALIFY for the "Max-Grade" - only the MAX products qualify for the Max-Grade!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You may be right
I may be crazy
Oh, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8422026#p8422026

Edited by heath row
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, heath row said:

zzz00m is abacab, Darkstar is a IK Forum Mod in the KVR link above.

You are likely correct about Darkstar, but have no idea how you came up with that reference to  me? 

• Haha 4