IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

2 hours ago, abacab said:

to decide which classic synth to upgrade next...

This is gonna be hard! Really hard!

I like most of the v1 synths a lot. 

Let's hope (as Peter has suggested) that all IKGB have always gone all the way! 

IKGB don't fail me now!!

(TOTP Baby!!)

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I am sleepy. I am going to follow abacab and just get everything he gets.

I already had Syntronik 1 Deluxe, plus two free Syntronik 2 instruments, the J-60 and the V-80.

So first I grabbed all 11 new synths when we reached the buy 1, get 10 free level.

Then for freebie 11 and 12, used them on the 99 (Yamaha SY99 ) and Blau (PPG Wave 2.3). :)

I believe the priority for me with any potential upcoming freebies, in case we don't get to 33 is this:

13. Bully

14. DCO-X

15. Galaxy

16. J-8

17. Minimod

18. Noir

19. OXa

20. String Box

Anything else is just redundant or extra stuff I don't need. I already have decent emulations of the ARP 2600, Jup 8, Mini Moog, Memory Moog, Poly Moog, Moog Modular, Matrix 12, Oberheim OB-X. Prophet 5, & SEM. But I am willing to make an exception here for adding the Syntronik 2 versions of the Jup 8, Matrix 12, Mini, and OB-X, because I will make space for them!

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I already had Syntronik 1 Deluxe, plus two free Syntronik 2 instruments, the J-60 and the V-80.

So first I grabbed all 11 new synths when we reached the buy 1, get 10 free level.

Then for freebie 11 and 12, used them on the 99 (Yamaha SY99 ) and Blau (PPG Wave 2.3). :)

I believe the priority for me with any potential upcoming freebies, in case we don't get to 33 is this:

13. Bully

14. DCO-X

15. Galaxy

16. J-8

17. Minimod

18. Noir

19. OXa

20. String Box

Anything else is just redundant or extra stuff I don't need. I already have decent emulations of the ARP 2600, Jup 8, Mini Moog, Memory Moog, Poly Moog, Moog Modular, Matrix 12, Oberheim OB-X.  & Prophet 5. I am going to make an exception here for adding the Syntronik 2 versions of the Matrix 12, Mini, and OB-X, because I will make space for them!

This actually looks pretty close to what my priorities would be too. Amazing!

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Did anyone install the 38gb one yet?

If that’s Syntronik 2 - GS-V, then that's one synth I am giving a wide birth - I feel I already have other synths that cover what this has.

8 hours ago, Promidi said:

If that’s Syntronik 2 - GS-V, then that's one synth I am giving a wide birth - I feel I already have other synths that cover what this has.

I claimed the GS-V as a freebie, so it's in My Products now. So it's available if I ever want to check it out.

But I skipped the 31 GB install, as I'm not really all that interested in that synth. Already have plenty of other FM sounds.

Have you guys met this beauty? She's elusive, appears with some presets but not others. She's probably the daughter of a Ukrainian farmer, as she's looking for a tank. I would like to kindly ask her to grant me access to my presets, but I'm scared of her, so I could use your help. 

IK.jpg.c468f938c9cc9826b200b7520b287d2a.jpg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Have you guys met this beauty? She's elusive, appears with some presets but not others. She's probably the daughter of a Ukrainian farmer, as she's looking for a tank. I would like to kindly ask her to grant me access to my presets, but I'm scared of her, so I could use your help. 

That happens when you upgrade to a Syntronik 2 instrument, and not all of the samples are available yet.

Unless you had an incomplete download of the full instrument, it is most likely that you already had Syntronik 2 CS installed, with a "light" version of that synth.

Just click on the "Reinstall Library" link in the Product Manager under the Sounds list. Look in the "... More options" menu to the right of the product, and the full version will be installed when you reinstall it.

Gee, thanks IK! 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fitzroy said:

did you check this link?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1423

I just saw it.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

did you check this link?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1423

I just saw it.

Cheers. I found the bug. Some of the zip files don't get unpacked/installed by the installer, even though they download fine. Unpacking them and updating the sound content (samples) folder manually fixes the problem. More fun with IK! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1