IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

I'm still on the fence, but I might hold out for Syntronik 2.5 (or 3.0) and 6 Osc layers (or maybe ST 4.5 / ST5.0)!    😜

Although until the newer versions or updated bundles come along, SYN2GB would provide me with more long-term gratification than the same amount of money spent on groceries.   😃    Adding Wave Set layers to the new instrument presets for my 22 Syntronik synths has been personally rewarding. 

SYN2GB is sooooooooooo tempting! 

BTW, can someone with any of the 11 new instruments who has ST4 do me a favor and let me know (a) how many oscillator layers the presets have, (b) how many are selectable, and (c) which instruments (if any) allow access to more than 2?  With the limited presets in CS, I see 6 osc layers with some of the new synths, but only the first 2 are selectable.

image.png.d0c42c9315b2fc2c777b1496e6ba4751.png

If a number of the 11 new instruments access 6 osc layers of Wave Sets, I will be a participant in the SYN2GB after I go through my account and pay my monthly bills.

Edited by User 905133
to update the request for info re: osc layers accessible with ST4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I'm still on the fence, but I might hold out for Syntronik 2.5 (or 3.0) and 6 Osc layers (or maybe ST 4.5 / ST5.0)!    

This is a really interesting strategy.  To be honest, I use MODO Bass and MODO Drums much more and holding out for some sort of GB which includes upgrades to those 2 and 1.5 of each would be a better investment.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

BTW, can someone with any of the 11 new instruments who has ST4 do me a favor and let me know (a) how many oscillator layers the presets have, (b) how many are selectable, and (c) which instruments (if any) allow access to more than 2?  With the limited presets in CS, I see 6 osc layers with some of the new synths, but only the first 2 are selectable.

The number of oscillator layers viewed from ST4 appears to be totally random, based on the preset, not on any particular new instrument.

For example, some presets might have have none, while others may have 2, 3, or 4. But randomly checking, none had a total of 5 or 6. Which makes sense, because the v2 presets are programmed with 4 oscillators.

But no way to access the wave sets from the ST4 GUI. Probably best to edit and save your own presets in the Syntronik 2 editor, then recall them in your ST4 mix.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, abacab said:

The number of oscillator layers viewed from ST4 appears to be totally random, based on the preset, not on any particular new instrument.

For example, some presets might have have none, while others may have 2, 3, or 4. But randomly checking, none had a total of 5 or 6. Which makes sense, because the v2 presets are programmed with 4 oscillators.

But no way to access the wave sets from the ST4 GUI. Probably best to edit and save your own presets in the Syntronik 2 editor, then recall them in your ST4 mix.

Thanks for checking and for reporting your results!  I found one CS Synth where two of the three presets had 6 buttons.  I had a different CS Instrument that crashed/shut down ST4 when loading the preset.  It had 6 buttons once I rebooted ST4!  Random, based on the preset, or QA issue, installation issue?  All bets are off!  🤪 

Yes, I saw there was no way presently to access the wave sets from the ST4 UI, but I had fun with some of the layer controls that are available--esp. pitch/fine tuning as a preset thickening agent!!!

I am now no longer inclined to think the 6 buttons is a glitch of some sort.   Again, thanks for the feedback.   

Edited by User 905133
"now" changed to "no longer" based on abacab's additional feedback

41 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I am now no longer inclined to think the 6 buttons is a glitch of some sort.   Again, thanks for the feedback.   

From the presets that I observed which had buttons available, all 6 buttons were always present, but never more than 4 were active, i.e., the rest of them were always grayed out.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

Running SampleTank 4 MAX  4.1.7 (2022-03-03) here. Release notes are available in your IK "My Products".

Fyi:

2021-12-16

What's New in v4.1.6

• - Additional Syntronik 2 instrument compatibility enhancements
Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

This is a really interesting strategy.  To be honest, I use MODO Bass and MODO Drums much more and holding out for some sort of GB which includes upgrades to those 2 and 1.5 of each would be a better investment.

I also would have preferred a GB related to upgrades of both of those as I use the MODO lineup but basically haven't used Syntronik at all.  Your post is a good reality check.  Wonder if I'll cave into temptation on this deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

But it's not in my account?

Me too! IK must have a lag in the promotions updates... 😢

But on the bright side, this gives me a few more minutes to decide which classic synth to upgrade next...

Edited by abacab
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

Me too! IK must have a lag in the promotions updates... 😢

But on the bright side, this gives me a few more minutes to decide which classic synth to upgrade next...

Me three. Come on IKM, get yo axe together. Just kidding. I am sure it will appear eventually.

• Like 1