IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

Syntronik 2 Multis
A significant portion of Syntronik's value is Multis.
These might be questions for IK Multimedia (Peter?), unless someone else knows the answer:

So the Jordan Rudess videos (playing the 11 new Syntronik 2 synths) are way impressive, but with several of the pieces he plays, he is using a Syntronik *multi*. I'm wondering how we obtain those and other multis...

SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
QUESTION 1: If I purchase a Syntronik 2 synth within the group buy, and end up getting a few of or all the other Syntronik 2 synths free, where, how, or at what point will I obtain all the Syntronik 2 multis - such as those used by Jordan Rudess in the Syntronik 2 promo videos?

The website (under 'Content' for each synth) shows only a few multis that come with specific Syntronik 2 synths:
- 4 in M-Poly
- 4 in Memory-V
- 27 in Modulum
- 4 in SH-V
- 4 in VCF3
**Note that ALL of these are "Classic Synths" from Syntronik 1. No multis are shown (on the IK Multimedia website) for any of the 11 new synths. But wait! The synths Jordan Rudess is playing in the Syntronic 2 are all from the *11 new synths*.
QUESTION 2: Where are the multis Jordan Rudess is using in the Syntronik 2 promo videos, how do we obtain them?  

QUESTION 3: What about the 500 or so multis that were made available for Syntronik version 1? Are those available for Syntronik 2 purchasers (who never purchased Syntronik version 1)?

2 hours ago, abacab said:

The Syntronik 2 GUI has been reported to IK support by an IK forum moderator. See the IK Syntronik 2 Wishlist.

One wonders what could have caused the change in GUI sharpness. One would hope that some designer didn't think "Let's make everything blurier. That will make everything look nicer."  My first thought was that perhaps S2 has a resizable GUI,  and S1 does not, however S1 is just as resizable. Very strange design decision.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

One wonders what could have caused the change in GUI sharpness. One would hope that some designer didn't think "Let's make everything blurier. That will make everything look nicer."  My first thought was that perhaps S2 has a resizable GUI,  and S1 does not, however S1 is just as resizable. Very strange design decision.

My guess is that somebody in charge of QA pushed through a set of low resolution "draft" images to the final build. Oops! 🤪

1 hour ago, abacab said:

My guess is that somebody in charge of QA pushed through a set of low resolution "draft" images to the final build. Oops! 🤪

Alternative Guess: Syntronik 2 uses a different graphics system (methods, libraries, etc.) than Syntronik 1.  I'd suggest a friendly wager, but we might never find out the cause.  😜 I know, if you're right (and someone admits it!!!!), I'll make a Syntronik 2 Patch named after you and PM it to you.    🤪

Edited by User 905133
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Might be a stupid question, but is there any difference at all between buying Syntronik 2 MAX (can get it for around 50 bucks more than entering the GB) and getting them all IF the GB goes all the way. Any difference at all?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller

6 minutes ago, heath row said:

Might be a stupid question, but is there any difference at all between buying Syntronik 2 MAX (can get it for around 50 bucks more than entering the GB) and getting them all IF the GB goes all the way. Any difference at all?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller

Not anything that I'm aware of, unless MAX ships with the Syntronik 2 factory multis...

• Thanks 1

Not a stupid question; actually a great question. I and many others would love a definitive answer. 
If the GB goes all the way, I assume it means the participants will have access to all 33 of the separate Syntronik 2 synths. If all 33 were installed, would the end result be the same as purchasing and installing Syntronik 2 Max (same number of presets, same number of multis, etc.)?

Edited by Homer Jones
  • Like 3

From what I read in the SYN2GB terms, there are some logistical differences if you later want to transfer them.  From what I read in "the fine print," with the GB you cannot transfer the freebies and the one you purchase has to remain in your account otherwise the freebies evaporate.  As I understand it, if you purchase a software product such as Syntronik 2 MAX, after the requisite holding time, you can buy  a transfer credit and transfer the MAX version as a complete product. NOTE: I am not an expert in this subject; just reporting what I read.  I will defer to someone if they understand the rules more thoroughly.

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, User 905133 said:

From what I read in the SYN2GB terms, there are some logistical differences if you later want to transfer them.  From what I read in "the fine print," with the GB you cannot transfer the freebies and the one you purchase has to remain in your account otherwise the freebies evaporate.  As I understand it, if you purchase a software product such as Syntronik 2 MAX, after the requisite holding time, you can buy  a transfer credit and transfer the MAX version as a complete product. NOTE: I am not an expert in this subject; just reporting what I read.  I will defer to someone if they understand the rules more thoroughly.

After the allotted time you CAN sell the one that you bought to enter, and the freebies remain in your account,
unless something that I'm unaware of has changed.  The same goes with any product that you buy outright.
Products that are NFR are Freebies, and anything bought with Gear Credits.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, heath row said:

I'm looking at whether to buy Syntronik 2 MAX, OR enter the GB if it makes it.

Max has the 11 new synths.  If you don't have any Syntronik 2, then here's the deal.
If you get all 32 freebies, then you'll have "Max", but it won't be considered "Max",
nor will it serve as a "upgrade path".  So you need to weigh the cost difference, 
and what your intents are, to make that determination.  The Major advantage to
getting Max is that it will be an upgrade path to Total Studio 4 Max via the "Max-Grade" option!

I already had Syntronik 2 with Total Studio 3.5, but still opted to enter the Group Buy
just to "help out".  I would be farther ahead to have saved the $40 I invested in the
Group Buy, but I still got the 11 Synths that I didn't already have.  The HUGE
problem with IK is that their upgrade paths are quite ludicrous...even worse than
Softube!

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 1