IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

Any recommendations?

Go for the 11 new synths first.

I didn't find CATO so good that the other new synths, there is not enough presets i can use in my case!

Edited by oqpoil

41 minutes ago, abacab said:

Holy crap!!! 19.3 GB 🤪

Wait till you download GS-V - comes in at 31GB?  Ugh.  Same as others, I'm in for the 11 synths. 

EDIT: a total of 111 GBs

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Wait till you download GS-V - comes in at 31GB?  Ugh.  Same as others, I'm in for the 11 synths.

44 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yay!!!

... and I'm in with Syntronik 2 M-12.

Downloading now... (tip: if you have already installed a synth in the Syntronik 2 CS version, you just need to click on reinstall in IKPM)  :)

Holy crap!!! 19.3 GB 🤪

I told ya!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

EDIT: a total of 111 GBs

I'm happily skipping the GS-V install. Not a huge fan of Yamaha FM. 🙄

Same with the rest. Going to cherry pick what I put on my drive. Already have a lot of the same synths covered by emulations from Arturia V Collection, Korg Collection, u-He, and Cherry Audio. No need to duplicate my Moog, OB, Prophet, and Roland units with samples until I find a good reason to do so...

But I'm gladly making and exception for the M-12, because that's friggin awesome!!! :)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Ok. Will Google what they are. But I know I use mostly Moog, dx7, Jupiter and prophet sounds.

Those classic analog Moog, Jupiter, and Prophet sounds will be found among the original 22, except for the DX-7.

You may want to check out the new GS-V, which is based on the early Yamaha GS-1 FM synth, or the new KW-8000, based on the Korg digital-analog hybrid DW-8000.

Or the new Pro VS, based on the Prophet VS, with 4 digital oscillators through an analog filter.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

Those Moog, Jupiter, and Prophet sounds will be found among the original 22, except for the DX-7.

You may want to check out the new GS-V, which is based on the early Yamaha GS-1 FM synth, or the new KW-8000, based on the Korg digital-analog hybrid DW-8000.

Or the new Pro VS, based on the Prophet VS, with 4 digital oscillators through an analog filter.

Thanks. Will try those demos out 

The combination of reaching 11 x1 and being May 1st (monthly budget reset) got me into this GB too!

I am having a confusing install experience - After registering the new syntronik 2 versions through the website, I am refreshing the IK Product manager. In the sounds tab I am seeing the product as installed (without doing anything) but, after opening syntronik 2, clicking on the instrument and then selecting the filter for showing only the syntronik 2 presets, I am seeing only a handful of presets (the ones already included in Syntronik 2 CS, but nothing new). Going back to the IK Product manager and selecting the option to reinstall solves the issue and after the reinstall, Syntronik 2 is showing the expected full list of v2 presets

Conclusion - Do not trust the information shown in the IK Product manager if it shows the product as installed but you haven't actually gone through the download and install process. After adding the product in your account (initial purchase or from the Promo page in your account) use the "reinstall" option to get the sounds (and you better notice this before the downloads expire...)

This is one of the issues that make the download expiration extremely annoying . If, for whatever reason you miss a download (bugs in the product manager that you don't notice, or an update gets released and you don't see it on time) you have to pay up the download refresh fee. I can understand the cost of some customers downloading many times instead of saving a copy, and wanting to restrict that through expiration, but feeling forced to be on top of the downloads and checking periodically for updates is infuriating.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Conclusion - Do not trust the information shown in the IK Product manager if it shows the product as installed but you haven't actually gone through the download and install process. After adding the product in your account (initial purchase or from the Promo page in your account) use the "reinstall" option to get the sounds (and you better notice this before the downloads expire...)

If you had already installed Syntronik 2 CS, the v2 synths will appear as already installed because installing CS placed limited versions of the Syntronik 2 synths with a few presets into your account. So technically they are already installed. IK should have provided a better FAQ for installation!

Clicking on re-install for each one will refresh them by downloading and installing the full purchased content. So yes, do this before the downloads expire! 😉

And you do not actually have to register them manually if you purchased thru the IK store. In that case they are automatically registered for you.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Following the installations, you will have accumulated a crap ton of huge downloaded installers in your default IK Product Manager Folder.

Since my download folder is on my boot drive, I delete them after I have confirmed the installations are successful. You may want to archive them somewhere to avoid the potential reactivation fee, but I don't want to waste the disk space. YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Same with the rest. Going to cherry pick what I put on my drive. Already have a lot of the same synths covered by emulations from Arturia V Collection, Korg Collection, u-He, and Cherry Audio. No need to duplicate my Moog, OB, Prophet, and Roland units with samples until I find a good reason to do so...

But I'm gladly making and exception for the M-12, because that's friggin awesome!!! :)

I will probably join the deal (FOMO maybe?), but I'm really an emulations (not sampled) believer. For someone that has all these mentioned synths - Arturia V Collection, Korg Collection, u-He,  Cherry Audio, Synapse Legend and Obsession, and probably more synths that I can remember, which ones from Syntronik 2 are the standouts?

23 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

I will probably join the deal (FOMO maybe?), but I'm really an emulations (not sampled) believer. For someone that has all these mentioned synths - Arturia V Collection, Korg Collection, u-He,  Cherry Audio, Synapse Legend and Obsession, and probably more synths that I can remember, which ones from Syntronik 2 are the standouts?

Not sure about standouts, because hits and misses are rather subjective. They are all high quality, so it really comes down to collecting instruments that fill in the gaps in your collection, and broaden your sound palette. There are many here that are not modeled yet.

Here's the list again: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

I am no expert and I only know what I like to use. So far, from listening to the demos, the Megawave sounds the most usable to me. I also like the Obie One. Not sure about the others yet. But I guess at the point, if you but one, you will get them all.

As an Arturia user as well, what I like about using SampleTank/Syntronic is that the interfaces are easy to use as they aren't exact emulations, and if you are familiar with T-Racks , its real easy to dial in the correct level of effects to try to get what you want.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, abacab said:

Imagine if they had Syntronik in 2007? Just kidding!

But this is the first live performance where I have seen soft synths prominently displayed! RIP Klaus!

Now there is a band I have yet to discover and get into. I am into all the usual suspects from that era, but only vaguely know their music.

• Great Idea 2