IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Release said:

I only have parts 3-6 in the IK Product Manager folder which also means that any preset below the letter "F" is missing and I get errors trying to open.

I have seen that happen previously with a Syntronik 1 synth. I ended up just manually copying the missing folders from the extracted installation files to the samples directory. Worked fine.

EDIT: on re-reading I see the issue is not just that the files weren't installed, but that they weren't even downloaded. In that case you can download the missing parts from the IK website, extract them, and run the installer.

Edited by David Baay

On 4/25/2022 at 12:22 PM, David Baay said:

Looks like the GB is well on it's way to 10 freebies needed to get all 11 new instruments so I'm in now for the princely sum of $35 plus 15 JamPoints. Should have been able to use 16 but for some reason it only allowed 15. I demand to speak with the manager of this corrupt enterprise immediately if not sooner!!!

is the 16 based on 1/3 of the purchase price? In case your thought process is the same as mine on some of these promotions, I sometimes mentally calculate 1/3 but the JamPoints actually cap at 30%. They're even rounding the other direction a tiny bit since 30% of $49.99 is 14.997 points.

I'm also in for $35 and 15 jampoints

Edited by mister_tea
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mister_tea said:

is the 16 based on 1/3 of the purchase price? In case your thought process is the same as mine on some of these promotions, I sometimes mentally calculate 1/3 but the JamPoints actually cap at 30%. They're even rounding the other direction a tiny bit since 30% of $49.99 is 14.997 points.

Yes, I was making that mistake - cleared up a few posts later.

17 hours ago, Release said:

If anyone picked up the Syner-V synth, can you do ma a favor and check to see if the installer actually installed Parts 1 and 2?  

I only have parts 3-6 in the IK Product Manager folder which also means that any preset below the letter "F" is missing and I get errors trying to open.  I've reinstalled twice and it's no different.  

16 hours ago, David Baay said:

I have seen that happen previously with a Syntronik 1 synth. I ended up just manually copying the missing folders from the extracted installation files to the samples directory. Worked fine.

EDIT: on re-reading I see the issue is not just that the files weren't installed, but that they weren't even downloaded. In that case you can download the missing parts from the IK website, extract them, and run the installer.

There was definitely a Syner-V installer issue but the team fixed it this morning (Italian time), I just verified with our Testing Manager.  He's running through the rest to make sure all is good there though we haven't had reports of other installers with similar issues.

44 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Yes, I was making that mistake - cleared up a few posts later.

Sorry we keep pouring the salt into your math wound! 😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There was definitely a Syner-V installer issue but the team fixed it this morning (Italian time), I just verified with our Testing Manager.  He's running through the rest to make sure all is good there though we haven't had reports of other installers with similar issues.

Cool. I thought it might just be glitch due to the high volume of downloads during the GB. I did the Syner-V installation shortly after the problem was mentioned and just the first part was missed. Downloading and installing manually fixed it.

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

At the 8:28 mm:ss mark until 30:00 mm:ss, Erik dives in to the details of the Edit page, including wave sets, sub-oscillators, drift, and the mod matrix. Good explanations!

Yup!! Unfortunately, some of the synth audio is distorted at times, but I found the detailed SYN2 explanations and the history/design of the synths were outstanding, well-worth sticking through the video to get past the distortion. Fortunately, the audio of his talking was totally clear.  

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, abacab said:

At the 8:28 mm:ss mark until 30:00 mm:ss, Erik dives in to the details of the Edit page, including wave sets, sub-oscillators, drift, and the mod matrix. Good explanations!

After watching this, I now have some questions, @Peter - IK Multimedia. There is stuff in the Edit panel that is not WaveSet related like the Modulation Matrix and the filters. Could not the legacy synth presets use those feature since they are not WaveSet dependant?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

After watching this, I now have some questions, @Peter - IK Multimedia. There is stuff in the Edit panel that is not WaveSet related like the Modulation Matrix and the filters. Could not the legacy synth presets use those feature since they are not WaveSet dependant?

Interesting idea, but not how it works today.

That would likely require a feature request. If there is some underlying code they could just switch on, that would be great!