IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

53 minutes ago, Fleer said:

You mean getting them all over again ?

Isn't it cheaper than buying Syntronik 2 SE?  You've met an IK group buy before, right? :)

4 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I think the issue is that, at least for me, even when a synth is V2, not all the V1 presets are included in V2, and it seems like you cannot edit the V1 presets in Syntronik 2. My understanding is that if you purchase Syntronik 2 or Max, your V1 synths are upgraded to V2 enabling you to edit the V1 presets in Syntronik 2. Can anyone verify this?

See my message, I state exactly what you get with these V2 synths.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Isn't it cheaper than buying Syntronik 2 SE?  You've met an IK group buy before, right? :)

See my message, I state exactly what you get with these V2 synths.

I saw your message. I guess I didn't state my question very well. You do say you get V1 and V2 presets but can you edit the V1 presets if you only have CS or SE? My experience with getting the free Syntronik 2 V-80 and the Syntronik 2 J-60 is that you cannot edit the V1 presets. So the Tracks option on the Edit page is useless if you cannot get to the Edit page.

It is stated the product page of Syntronik 2 in the Version comparison, that CS and SE hosts previously purchased synths, but 2 and MAX  upgrades previously purchased synths. The real issue is what is meant by upgrading previously purchased synths. Does upgrading convert V1 presets to V2 presets and thus allow you to edit them, or does it just add V2 presets which are editable in Syntronik 2, but the V1 presets are still not editable?

Edited by Doug Rintoul

removed pending additional research

ADDENDUM: Discussion points raised by other Cakewalk users confirmed the results I had gotten.  No need for me to knock my head against the wall to re-reconfirm.  Thanks to all Cakewalk users who chimed in. 

Edited by User 905133

removed pending additional research

ADDENDUM: Discussion points raised by other Cakewalk users confirmed the results I had gotten.  No need for me to knock my head against the wall to re-reconfirm.  Thanks to all Cakewalk users who chimed in.

Edited by User 905133

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm in when it gets to 10 freebies... :)

me too. i was just trying out some synths with SampleTank in a project last night. Good sounding stuff. It's nice to mix it with other vendors synth emus, that way you get some sort of variety.  I use mostly IKM and Arturia most vintage synth sounds. Whats nice about IKM is its not really a re-creation of the original synth interface, so easier to dial in sounds if you are familiar with the IKM effects and SampleTank controls.

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm in when it gets to 10 freebies... :)

At 10 I'll probably have to jump too.  That will give me everything Syntronik 2 that I didn't get with
TS3.5 Max....it's probably a waste (for me), but it will help others in the GB, so will probably throw the money
away just to "help out the group buy"

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

me too. i was just trying out some synths with SampleTank in a project last night. Good sounding stuff. It's nice to mix it with other vendors synth emus, that way you get some sort of variety.  I use mostly IKM and Arturia most vintage synth sounds. Whats nice about IKM is its not really a re-creation of the original synth interface, so easier to dial in sounds if you are familiar with the IKM effects and SampleTank controls.

I think with IK Syntronik, Arturia V Collection, and Korg Collection 3, I've got the vintage synths covered! :)

Syntronik plays back samples of the output from the actual hardware unit. Which could be handy to have in cases where your other emulations don't exactly sound like the originals. You might find the vintage sound that you are looking for.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, cclarry said:

At 10 I'll probably have to jump too.  That will give me everything Syntronik 2 that I didn't get with
TS3.5 Max . . . .

If you have installed Syntronik 2 completely, did you try using the new Edit Panel on presets listed as Generation 1 Presets? 

image.png.a5c60658414deb530b632b7cab1129ee.png

If so do you get anything other than the message saying you can't use the new Edit Panel with legacy presets?

image.png.6d4d1dd6a494bd38c8c58efea3c17264.png

Over the past two days I have I tried reinstalling SYN2 once again, even moving GBs worth of stuff from my C Drive [SSD] to an external HDD.  I still don't have the ability to use my previously purchased SYN Instrument Presets with the new Edit Panel. 

People keep saying that Syntronik 2 and Syntronik 2 MAX do something that CS and SE don't.  Sometimes it seems that the difference pertains to the ability to use the new Edit Panel presets; other times its seems that the difference only pertains to the use of legacy Instruments (99, Blau, Bully, etc.).

If you or anyone else has the ability to used the new Edit Panel with the full set of presets that came with Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe without having to manually reconstruct them (i.e., "out of the box), I would appreciate knowing how to do it. 

Thanks.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo (missing word)

45 minutes ago, cclarry said:

TS3.5 Max....it's probably a waste (for me), but it will help others in the GB, so will probably throw the money
away just to "help out the group buy"

If you don't want to waste it, I'm willing to take your money!

• Great Idea 1