IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

cclarry

Interesting. This means you can get them all for $50 or less with JamPoints. On the other hand, if you’ve got the original Syntronik collection, the upgrade to Syntronik 2 may end up at about the same someday over the rainbow. 

• Like 1

There are 11 I don't have (difference between S2 and Max) and getting
the 11 for $49.99 minus Jampoints would seem like a good deal...BUT
it doesn't reduce the price AT ALL to get the Max Version, and doesn't
even count as the Max version, so I'll just wait until TS4 Max...which
only makes sense

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 3

I wonder whether this will “Upgrade previously purchased synths” because Syntronik 2 CS and Syntronik 2 SE do not. 
So, if you already have Syntronik 1 and get the new synths through this GB, do the old ones get updated, Peter?

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I wonder whether this will “Upgrade previously purchased synths” because Syntronik 2 CS and Syntronik 2 SE do not. 
So, if you already have Syntronik 1 and get the new synths through this GB, do the old ones get updated, Peter?

I would believe that only the new ones you get will be the upgraded "2" version, and the rest will remain
V1

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

And since Syntronik 2 MAX will take 200GB of disk space, maybe a better option would be to just cherry pick your Syntronik favorites, rather than getting them all?

I was under the impression the point was to own them all and then never actually use them?

I don't think I've used Synthronik 1 after getting all of it in the group buy.  If nothing else having to pay for the redownload of content and HD space later on when I do want to use in on a future machine.

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/19/2022 at 8:23 AM, Fleer said:

I am still no longer trying to figure out if Syntronik 2 upgrades all my Syntronik [1] + Syntronik [1] Deluxe Instruments / Presets to Generation 2 Presets so I can (1) access all the wavesets and (2) edit them to create 4 Osc layers using the new Syntronik 2 Edit Panel.  So far I have not seen that this is possible.  After extensive research, I have concluded that (1) the underlying synth engine has been updated but (2) the previously purchased presets have not been updated (nor at the present does it look like they will be updated). However, a number new presets in the new configuration have been added and we can create our own if we tweak what IK lists as Syntronik 2 presets under the "Generation" category.**

CLARIFICATIONS:

image.png.3e988feddbaea87f175326082651af87.png 

So far it has been impossible for me to find out from IKM how many of those over 4,000 presets are Generation 2 and how many are Generation 1. Likewise the individually purchased SYN2 Instrument products do not have the details of how many of the included presets are of each generation and therefore can be edited using the new Edit Panel. 

According to the IKM Website: 

• Syntronik 2 CS hosts previously purchased synths 
  • Syntronik 2 SE hosts previously purchased synths
  • Syntronik 2 upgrades previously purchased synths
  • Syntronik 2 MAX upgrades previously purchased synths

I made the mistake of inferring that this meant CS and SE would let me play all my Syntronik [1] presets and Syntronic [1] Deluxe presets and that Syntronik 2 and Syntronik 2 Max would also let me use the new Edit Panel with previously purchased presets.

So far as I can tell, this was my error (along with some other consumers if IK synths).  After purchasing SE and Syntronik 2 and after considerable exploration of presets I suspect have concluded that by "upgrades previously purchased synths" IK means that for owners of Syntronik [1] and Syntronik [1] Deluxe we get control do not get Syntronik 2 versions of our presets, but we do get a new, improved synth engine that gives us the use of the full set of Syntronik 2 wavesets for the previously purchased synths .  Not 100% sure, though.

These clarifications are not intended to encourage or to discourage the participation in this Group Buy.  They are intended for potential participants to fully consider their needs and to ask IK relevant questions so they can be informed consumers.  

**For an analysis of some miscommunication, see 

Edited by User 905133
(3) To edit the post so its consistent with new information. (2) added "edit them to" in my original reply; (1) To add clarifications to my original post
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I was under the impression the point was to own them all and then never actually use them?

I don't think I've used Synthronik 1 after getting all of it in the group buy.  If nothing else having to pay for the redownload of content and HD space later on when I do want to use in on a future machine.

That nails it for me.  I've started to avoid more rompler type synths namely for Kontakt.  I have all of the flavor of the month VSTs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

This is me exactly.   Of course, I've also really soured on IK recently 

I could see grabbing a few of them, particularly the Oberheim Matrix-12, the Korg DW-8000, and the Waldorf Microwave

I got the Syntronik 2 V-80 (Yamaha CS-80) and the Syntronik 2 J-60 (Roland Juno 60) for free, and they sound great!

The J-60 is available for free from Computer Music #307, May 2022.

The Syntronik 2 V-80 was a freebie for 2 weeks, earlier this year at Audio Plugin Deals (expired).

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Is it if you buy THE ONE at any stage you initially get 3 Free and thereafter FREE ones are added as more people join even after you complete the purchase?

Yes, but only 2 free right now. For every 100 registrations one more free is added. 3000 is needed to get them all.

It seems to be a slow start. Only 15 participants and it's been hours. I wasn't following the previous Group Buy from the beginning so I can't predict how this one goes.

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

He he.. i see what you did there. you try to break my GAS habit. It will never work.!!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 3