Browser Enhancements

Mark Morgon-Shaw

The browser is great , there's a few other things that I think would speed up workflow.

1. Media search indexing - Having a large collection of audio samples makes the search function very slow. If CBB could index them to help speed up the searches this woud be a big time saver.

2.  Plugins Tab - A section at the top of the list showing most used or most recent plugins ( similar to how the Insert - Soft Synth list is populated )

3. Plugins can be viewed by Type-Catergory-Manufacturer from the little dropdown menu. Why not make the blue buttons  (  Audio FX  -  Midi FX - Instruments ) cycle through the same choices when clicked, this would be quicker than going into a dropdown menu and streamline the workflow.

4. Notes - Font can be very small and hard to read on high resolution monitor, a choice of font sizes could fix this

edit....

5. Can we have some way of favouriting samples

Edited by CosmicDolphin
  • Great Idea 2

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, indiguBLAU said:

It could be better if I see the waveform of sample audio clip and control the volume in a browser

I agree it's useful,  you can often tell just by looking if a sample could fit well with your track.  Where would you put it though ? If you drag the Browser to the Multidock then there is plenty of space but not so much if it's down the side of the Track View although this can be resized to taste. Perhaps at the bottom where by default the Help View appears?

31 minutes ago, indiguBLAU said:

I know I can control the volume in a mixer console, but it's a little bit inconvenient.

I like this idea too. I suggest Ctrl+Mousewheel whilst hovering over the sample name so the volume of individual samples can be offset realtive to the Preview Buss..assigning a plus or minus value that persists also would be cool so it would remember next time. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 9:37 AM, indiguBLAU said:

I want to add one more suggestion. It could be better if I see the waveform of sample audio clip and control the volume in a browser. I know I can control the volume in a mixer console, but it's a little bit inconvenient.

I have installed ADSR Sample Manager after seeing it suggested in another thread...It's totally free like CBB and is a great tool for browsing samples, it can index and metatag them intelligently very rapidly so my samples are now much more easy to find. It even lets you play them on a midi keyboard.

I can highly reccommend it , my workflow has improved sustantially - If CBB had something along thes lines built in it would be killer