Behringer X-Touch One with Cakewalk by Bandlab.

anarchosax

New to Cakewalk by Bandlab. I purchased a Behringer X-Touch One that I tried to get to work, and was about to send it back, when I saw an old post about the device with Cakewalk (2018), using something called AZControl? I downloaded a X-Touch One presets.spp file and a X-Touch One - overlay_none.pdf file, but I haven't been able to find much on installing .spp files (the category doesn't exist in the Cakewalk Plugin Manager)...

Is there someone that can explain what is possible with mapping buttons on the Behringer X-Touch One for Cakewalk out of the box, and then explain what AZControl is and how to get the .spp file installed in the correct category? That way, I can make a more educated decision as to whether to keep the  X-Touch One or not. I originally purchased it as I have an 88 key keyboard with MIDI compatibility, and laptop, laptop stand, but no room for a tabletop surface.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 4/17/2022 at 1:15 PM, anarchosax said:

New to Cakewalk by Bandlab. I purchased a Behringer X-Touch One that I tried to get to work, and was about to send it back, when I saw an old post about the device with Cakewalk (2018), using something called AZControl? I downloaded a X-Touch One presets.spp file and a X-Touch One - overlay_none.pdf file, but I haven't been able to find much on installing .spp files (the category doesn't exist in the Cakewalk Plugin Manager)...

Is there someone that can explain what is possible with mapping buttons on the Behringer X-Touch One for Cakewalk out of the box, and then explain what AZControl is and how to get the .spp file installed in the correct category? That way, I can make a more educated decision as to whether to keep the  X-Touch One or not. I originally purchased it as I have an 88 key keyboard with MIDI compatibility, and laptop, laptop stand, but no room for a tabletop surface.

Any help would be appreciated.

@azslow3 Here is the tag for the creator of AZControl, a wellspring of knowledge about that amazing and versatile piece of engineering. Perhaps he can help.

Does it not emulate the MCU protocol? Most similar devices do (the "U" in MCU stands for "Universal"). If so, Cakewalk supports it natively. At least, that is my understanding, as I do not use that type of controller anymore.

Azslow would know. Smart guy.

11 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Azslow would know. Smart guy.

😀

To use AZ Controller it should be installed first. All relevant information is on https://www.azslow.com/ there is a video which demonstrate initial installation.

Once installed, Cakewalk Plug-in Manager (in Utilities menu) will have Control Surfaces / AZ Controller section and SPP files can be imported.

X-Touch One is one strip controller. It internally has MCU (8 strips) emulation, but from DAW (Cakewalk) perspective the device will be 8 strips in MCU mode. That has consequences. Using the controller in "native" mode with explicitly constructed for it preset should be better.

Note that I don't have that controller, the preset was created by one of the users and I have no way to check how good/bad it is.