Not a deal - Computer music and Future Music downloads change

satya

They shifted their site downloads from Filesilo to musicradar website.

The new mag is also not showing in Filesilo website . Future music May 2022 issue 382

Edited by satyabrata satapathy
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, husker said:

I see now.  It is a direct page found in the mag.

Never thought I would say this, but the Filesolo is actually a lot better.

This....stinks.

Wow, seeing that, it's difficult for me to want to even give it a try. Filosilo, as we all now, has been awful. I never even considered something could be worse. 

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Is that even possible?  Guess I'll find out soon enough.  

The problem is that each mag seems to have its own URL to download.  At least in Filesolo, you could log in and see what you had already unlocked.  No way to do this now.

I could put up with the slow log in and downloads on Filesolo, but at least you only had one place to go.  (To me) this is actually far worse.

Edited by husker

48 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

They shifted their site downloads from Filesilo to musicradar website.

The new mag is also not showing in Filesilo website . Future music May 2022 issue 382

Thanks for passing this along.

3 hours ago, Luc said:

If you mean the free plugins, you can download them  without a subscription at https://www.serialcenter.de/

That only provides the serials though doesn't it? You normally have to go to the Bitly URL when you buy the mag. But I've read that's changed and you need a subscription code now. Holding off on buying a single edition until I know if that still works..

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

That only provides the serials though doesn't it? You normally have to go to the Bitly URL when you mag. But I've read that's changed and you need code now. Holding off on buying a single edition until I know if that still works..

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Web site seems to require code to get the download links.  Ex. Not sure where to get the ACON installer even though I have a registration code, since this isn't a version on the ACON site.

Took a bit of figuring out because I realized for the past many months, I hadn't been downloading the BE version of plugins, I've only been using the license codes for software in other places (ie. Waves, IK Multimedia or AAS) and haven't needed to download anything directly from Beat.

And yeah MusicMan, you're right the https://www.plugins-samples.com/ site requires a subscription and you end up going in circles trying to figure out how to download without it. From an article in the last issue, it looks like the reasoning behind this is if you have a subscription you have access to everything and don't need to add/validate specific issues.

But I just checked to confirm and using the bit.ly URL in the magazine issue itself, and entering a word from one of the pages (as usual) worked - I was able to access the full page of downloads including the ACON plugin.

4 minutes ago, Luc said:

But I just checked to confirm and using the bit.ly URL in the magazine issue itself, and entering a word from one of the pages (as usual) worked - I was able to access the full page of downloads including the ACON plugin.

I suspect they'll need to keep that, as it is for previous editions, but it sounded like the new editions won't have the Bitly link.

They probably should just change a magazine purchase to a single edition subscription. That way everyone gets a subscription code, while protecting it from users getting it as part of their library access, Readly or others which is what I assume they are trying to stop.

Otherwise if buying a single copy doesn't get you the free downloads, then I fear they're going to lose a lot of customers...

I was gonna post playbeat lite in deals but i didn't as only subscribers could access , there is no serial code coz it's a magware edition like CM plugins, u have to download through bit.ly , hope Computer Music provide playbeat CM in upcoming issues