You are only allowed to upload 10.24kB

TheSteven

Question

7 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, John Vere said:

You might have used up your allotted space so go to your user profile settings “My Attachments” and delete some files to free up space. 
It will show you your total use at the top

Didn't know that there was 48.83 MB attachment limit, thanks for info.

I had a similar waring recently but mine was a different number.

Could be something to do with cached data as this happened after I uploaded/deleted a screenshot several times. I closed & reopened the browser and had no more issues.

My current usage is only 15%.

Edited by sjoens

Yeah--its nice that we can look at our attachments chronologically and trash them as needed (or rather as no-longer-needed! 😉 ) to make space . As a habit, I generally (1) save the soon-to-be-deleted attachment to my PC and (2) edit the text to reflect the deleted image, so other users know it was deleted intentionally [e.g., out of date image removed; feature changed, or something like that].

On 4/16/2022 at 4:12 PM, Bill Phillips said:

I use https://imgur.com/signin to upload and share images and gifs to share on my forum posts. It's free so far and I haven't ran out of space yet.

This is an option but it takes way to much time from my perspective. I post a lot of screen shots here and I’ve only once had to go in and delete stuff because I reached my limit. It was mostly due to GIF,s and a few MP3 files. Pictures are small files. 
I just go to the earliest files and delete them all. Not my problem if there gone. That first time I removed probably 200 images from the forum here. Never had one person noticing they were gone.  

Same thing will happen with You Tube links. I often have pulled videos and updated the content and reposted. So from now on I’m just linking my thread in the tutorial sub forum and referring to the list. That makes it future proof 

• Thanks 1