Weird bug or some setting automatically switched on.

Will.

8 minutes ago, David Baay said:

I don't understand what you mean by "previous project" 

Re-save (over rides) the "existing" project that was previously saved. 

I know how workspaces work and i'm familiar in all its advantages. It's mainly template based. You saved your workspaces with your templates, but it can also be customised based on you project workflow. 

Whats happening here is none of that. Hopefully i'm back home by monday. I'm back in the country, but i was booked for radio interviews this weekend. 

Thanks for bring this up and for all the discussion points raised.  Its been a while since I explored the interactions between screensets and workspaces and the implications for personal workflows. I tend only to use workspaces nowadays because they meet my needs quite well.  But, the discussion has been giving me some ideas for new workflows that make use of both. 

I probably won't have time for another deep dive myself for a few weeks (maybe some mini shallow dives), so I'd be interested in what others have to say. 

For example, I have not yet explored locking screensets in project templates (official templates or project files used as de facto templates), creating projects based on templates, and then switching workspaces. Also, I am not sure if and how the workflows would be different depending on the  "[  ] Apply Workspace on Project Load" setting (checked v. uncheck).

If anyone knows (or does the explorations) I'd be interested.