Real-Time Track Resizing Improvement Request

chamlin

When we select  a number of tracks we want to expand or contract, then use Shift-Drag, only the specific track being dragged expands/contracts until the track is released! It would be so much better if ALL of the the tracks selected to expand/contract did so in real time so we can better choose how far to expand. For instance, if I want to see 4 tracks as big as I can but all fit on 1 screen, it's hard to do that as currently programmed. Thanks to Jesse Jost for pointing me to the Feedback Loop area!

• Like 1

First, thank you for alerting me to the existence of this feature, second, I'm surprised it doesn't work that way in the first place. Or I would be if it weren't that Cakewalk seems rather non-real timey-wimey in odd places like when moving markers.

Moving markers along the ruler always reminds me of playing fetch with a dog. I indicate where I want the marker to be and then it goes obediently charging off to take its place on the ruler.

Same with moving clips and slip editing. I move a pale fragile ghost of the thing, then the actual thing comes along later.

• 2 weeks later...

As a workaround you could enable auto track zoom (shift +z), click and resize the tracks, then turn off auto track zoom (shift +z)

never mind the behavior isn't consistent 😯

Edited by rcklln