SSL Essentials Bundle $49.99

Frank

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I'm only seeing E/G curves...

From website - "You can switch between the legendary E-series and G-series EQ profiles for added flexibility."

From what I understand the J console basically has the option to switch between the E/G and thus the "J" style is either of those two.  On an emulation like this I'm not sure where the E/G stands related to a 4K console as many would argue the capacitorless 9K series console EQ section is going to sound different than the  4K.

So my guess is it is really the E and G curves as they related to the 9K.   Thus J is really E/G as it relates to 9K

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

I have bx_console E and bx_townhouse (not to mention IK).  Any compelling reason to pick this up?

I have the BX 9000J and Townhouse and these do add something different. I prefer the SSL buss comp to townhouse. It's cleaner, but great for glue, so might be more versatile for the master buss.. Townhouse will still have it's place for me too, as sometimes it's not a clean sound I'm after. Thinking drum bus, etc.

Console E is based off the 4000E, whereas this Channel Strip 2 is 9000K. Its a much cleaner sound, so should add something different to what you have. Even though they're closer, in ways, I prefer the SSL strip more than the BX 9000J. Especially the high EQ. I'm sure I'll still be using the BX 9000J too though. I like the THD, TMT etc that BX add. Just different options 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI, if you buy it from JRR you will get an iLok code. Register it within iLok License Manager and download from here: https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug-ins/ssl-essentials-bundle-?tab=documents.

Looks like it doesn't get registered to your SSL account: https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4408124029585-Where-can-I-find-plug-ins-I-registered-previously-

19 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I have the BX 9000J and Townhouse and these do add something different. I prefer the SSL buss comp to townhouse. It's cleaner, but great for glue, so might be more versatile for the master buss.. Townhouse will still have it's place for me too, as sometimes it's not a clean sound I'm after. Thinking drum bus, etc.

Console E is based off the 4000E, whereas this Channel Strip 2 is 9000K. Its a much cleaner sound, so should add something different to what you have. Even though they're closer, in ways, I prefer the SSL strip more than the BX 9000J. Especially the high EQ. I'm sure I'll still be using the BX 9000J too though. I like the THD, TMT etc that BX add. Just different options 🙂

Thanks.  Purchased from Jrrshop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ALC said:

Thanks.  Purchased from Jrrshop.

Great stuff and hope you enjoy them.

I only just discovered SSL 360 (mentioned in this thread too) which is free and gives you an interface to control all the instances of these plugins across any tracks using a virtual SSL mixer!

SSL 360 plugin mixer for channel strip 2 and bus compressor 2

Quite an interesting option/extra 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I have to say that graphically, the UI to me is beautiful.  I like the way the buttons “light up” when pressed.

The 360 plug-in appeals to my old school experiences with analog mixers (thanks for the heads-up on that).  If it weren’t for the previous post, I would’ve thought it was just for hardware.

• Like 2