SSL Essentials Bundle $49.99

Frank

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug-ins/ssl-essentials-bundle-

Channel Strip 2

Channel Strip 2 emulates the venerable SSL 9000K SuperAnalogueTM large-format console - an evolution of the 4000E - with the classic 4-band parametric EQ, filter, compressor, and expander/gate configuration. You can switch between the legendary E-series and G-series EQ profiles for added flexibility.

Bus Compressor 2

The SSL Bus Compressor 2 is a spot-on digital re-creation of the legendary bus compressor featured on countless hit records. Celebrated for its ability to glue together a mix for a radio-ready sound, few bus compressors are as universally revered. We're excited to offer this incredible bundle that’s perfect for those starting their journey into the recording arts or seasoned pros who want the sound of an SSL board with the convenience of a plug-in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Something that everyone should be aware of...

The JRR "Blowout" shop is almost never cheaper than the main shop with the GROUP or FORUM codes.
There is the occasional item that is cheaper in the Blowout shop...but VERY rarely.

I could have SWORN when I posted that that your post said GROUP and FORUM codes weren't working!  That's why I checked there. ...

-----

Yes, your post right above mine said the codes didn't work.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Something that everyone should be aware of...

The JRR "Blowout" shop is almost never cheaper than the main shop with the GROUP or FORUM codes.
There is the occasional item that is cheaper in the Blowout shop...but VERY rarely.

If I recall correctly, a loooooong time ago blowout used to be a bit cheaper than main shop, but it changed at some point.

6 minutes ago, lawajava said:

So setting aside the 50 cent savings discovery, given that other companies have SSL emulations for these that many of us already have - what is a highlight to call out for why these are worth the spend even at this discount?

Who else best to buy the software versions of hardware than from the folks who actually made them, right?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lawajava said:

So setting aside the 50 cent savings discovery, given that other companies have SSL emulations for these that many of us already have - what is a highlight to call out for why these are worth the spend even at this discount?

A number of people say it is the best sounding version on the market.  

In terms of features, the switchable J/E/G EQ curves is a nice touch.

The GUI is arguably among the best looking....but it isn't resizable and that is a turn off.  And depending on your perspective the iLok requirement may be a step down from say the PA model.  Not to mention no mix knob on the Compressor is a step back, IMO (even if it isn't true to the original).  

Though I gave this some thought last time the deal came up, now that I have the PA Amek Console (yeah obviously not an SSL), but does kill the GAS for something like this, as frankly it is more feature rich.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Who else best to buy the software versions of hardware than from the folks who actually made them, right?

Maybe from people with more software emulation creation experience?     

that being said, yes, plenty of reports that this one is in fact top notch.  But as a general rule hardware and software experts are virtually always different people.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

The other part of the native plugins I love is the 360 mixer that comes along with it.

Not seeing the 360 as an included piece...
From what I see searching around the web it's free but requires hardware to work or am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Not seeing the 360 as an included piece...
From what I see searching around the web it's free but requires hardware to work or am I missing something?

360 is free and it does work without hardware.

This is one of the better software deals that's been out there in the last year, methinks.  Glad I already have it.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1