Simon's Song - Mastered-24.6.19- Thanks everyone for all the help!!

garybrun

Well I have now completed my first ever song that is written by myself.
I couldn't have done it without all your advice and help.
Feeling stoked!!

Checkout the Simon's Song title in this forum and you can see the journey of improvement you all helped with.

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 2

Nice song Gary, congrats on finishing your first own written song! :)

And remember, everything doesnt have to be perfect at once. You will surely see progression over each new song you do. What im trying  to say is... Dont be afraid to call a song finnished, even if you know that it could sound better.

• Great Idea 1

Thank you all for your comments.
I have remixed the above.

Yesterday after talking to me son that my music has quite a bit of plate reverb on it.
Then it was quite an eye opener as I am influenced by 80s-90s music..  which in those days had loads of reverb and bells in it   🙂
When I mix other peoples music I dont do it...  how strange is that!!!!

So I tried to mix this one with less reverb.
Also the acoustic guitar is panned central n the first few bars then I move it out to right when all the instruments kick in.
Does this give it more space?
Thanks again for all the feedback appreciated.

Edited by garybrun

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

It is just like someone has switch on a Mic and then off at the end.

Yes I hear it now.
But there are no switches... I think I have had this problem before when exporting...  I think its the Sonarworks Plugin.

37 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I enjoyed the song - your lead vocal works well with the song.  The mix sounds good to me.

I didn't hear the clunks - did you remove them?

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for listening.
I have just exported the song again and removed the first glitch.
I will be adding a new mastered version soon...   I've tried a professional guy and will let you all now when its done.
Very exciting to see what a professional can do.

Gary, this is a pleasant song, and you've managed to fix  some of the glitches that I heard earlier.  I can hear the joy in your voice which is a very good quality for a song of faith.  I have only two minor suggestions:  one, I would boost the bass guitar a bit, and two, I would make the vocal just a bit drier so that it's more in your face and intimate.  Other than that, this is good to go, and congratulations on your first!

5 hours ago, Lynn said:

Gary, this is a pleasant song, and you've managed to fix  some of the glitches that I heard earlier.  I can hear the joy in your voice which is a very good quality for a song of faith.  I have only two minor suggestions:  one, I would boost the bass guitar a bit, and two, I would make the vocal just a bit drier so that it's more in your face and intimate.  Other than that, this is good to go, and congratulations on your first!

@Lynn  thank you for the suggestion.
I have removed the reverb.