8DIO V8P Sale!

cclarry

57 minutes ago, husker said:

Have you looked into using the QuickLoad feature in Kontakt?  It is designed just for this.  It only takes a few minutes to build out, and it is a lifesaver.   I have everything in there now - I actually never look at the Library tab anymore.

That’s what I do, so I don’t care if it’s Kontakt player or full Kontakt 

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

So I told him it was a mistake not to...and he said that that was why they were doing
Soundpaint.  I told him yes, that doesn't use the NCW Lossless compression, and that
VASTLY increases storage needs for their Libraries.  I told him I think that they are making
a big mistake by not making their existing libraries Kontakt Player compatible, especially
the V8P ones.  Most of their heavily invested customers are already familiar with Kontakt.

He didn't seem to care much....

I’m pretty sure by now they know exactly the differences between the two and they’re simply not interested to invest in Kontakt player licenses to sell their products. They are in business for years, and if they thought it was a mistake, they would have changed their business model a long time ago about Kontakt

• Like 1

So for those who bought it, do you think it is a good purchase?  I have Majestica and I like it, but it is so washed out due to the natural reverb and mic positions.  I'd like to know if the additional mic positions, especially the spot one(s?) might be more dry? Also, any other opinions.  Doing Google searches led me to believe that people had differing opinions and some had buyer's remorse at $1500, but no real discussion about the mic piece or additional articulations.  

7 hours ago, husker said:

Have you looked into using the QuickLoad feature in Kontakt?  It is designed just for this.  It only takes a few minutes to build out, and it is a lifesaver.   I have everything in there now - I actually never look at the Library tab anymore.

I knew this would come up and it's really not the point.  The point is that a library that lists for $1,500 should be more Kontakt Player
friendly.  I don't care if their 8DIO Libraries aren't Kontakt Player, but the V8P ones, at the regular price, should be.

3 hours ago, marlowg01 said:

So for those who bought it, do you think it is a good purchase?  I have Majestica and I like it, but it is so washed out due to the natural reverb and mic positions.  I'd like to know if the additional mic positions, especially the spot one(s?) might be more dry? Also, any other opinions.  Doing Google searches led me to believe that people had differing opinions and some had buyer's remorse at $1500, but no real discussion about the mic piece or additional articulations.  

I'm quite happy for $100.  Had I paid $1,000 I might have buyer's remorse, but definitely worth what I paid and then some.
The Synth sounds alone were worth the $100, but that's just my opinion....YMMV

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I knew this would come up and it's really not the point.  The point is that a library that lists for $1,500 should be more Kontakt Player
friendly.  I don't care if their 8DIO Libraries aren't Kontakt Player, but the V8P ones, at the regular price, should be.

Was just trying to help... 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, husker said:

Was just trying to help... 

I know husky, and I appreciate it!  I'm well aware of the features of Kontakt as a long time user.
My point was that these Devs are far too "Profit Greedy".  It shouldn't be that much of a problem
to make them Player compliant"!  Many devs offer FREE Libraries that are KP friendly!  A dev as big as 8DIO 
shouldn't be trying to "squeeze" the profit lemon at the expense of the customer, not to mention
that, by being "KP" friendly, they open up to more potential customers...but hey, what do I know...I'm just an armchair
quarterback!

Really, when you think about it, it's bass-ackwards.  Kontakt Player libraries should be the ones that 
DON'T show up in the library panel, as they are the cheap ones, and the more expensive libraries should
AUTOMATICALLY be in the full Kontakt Library panel!  But logic seems to elude Devs...