8DIO V8P Sale!

cclarry

Just now, Paul Young said:

How did you get that?

If you already own Majestica then you can request an 8W Black Upgrade code,
from 8 Dio Support, which normally lowers the price to $249, but during this sale
it's now down to $100.  That will be hard not to buy...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

If you already own Majestica then you can request an 8W Black Upgrade code,
from 8 Dio Support, which normally lowers the price to $249, but during this sale
it's now down to $100.  That will be hard not to buy...

Then again..........you are getting higher bitrate files...I might think on this one

It's unlikely to go cheaper any time soon.

As I understand, 8Dio are going to make the V8P products public over the course of a year or so while also moving to a new website platform. A 75% discount on base prices is pretty generous; a discount on upgrade prices that knocks 8W and the Emperium bundle to $100 each is even more so.

• Like 1

I'm in....I had been waiting for this sale since last year, so held off until the Easter Sales
were over, in case something else popped up.   This is the cheapest 8W has been in the past 5 years
at $249, so $100 with my upgrade code it is 90% off...that works for me...but, rest assured, when it
becomes a freebie next week I will piss and moan about it! :P

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I'm in....I had been waiting for this sale since last year, so held off until the Easter Sales
were over, in case something else popped up.   This is the cheapest 8W has been in the past 5 years
at $249, so $100 with my upgrade code it is 90% off...that works for me...but, rest assured, when it
becomes a freebie next week I will piss and moan about it
:P

That wont happen.

• Thanks 1

So I told him it was a mistake not to...and he said that that was why they were doing
Soundpaint.  I told him yes, that doesn't use the NCW Lossless compression, and that
VASTLY increases storage needs for their Libraries.  I told him I think that they are making
a big mistake by not making their existing libraries Kontakt Player compatible, especially
the V8P ones.  Most of their heavily invested customers are already familiar with Kontakt.

He didn't seem to care much....

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

You would think that they would make something that is normally this expensive ($1,000 list) to be "player" compatible
so that it shows on the "Library" tab in Kontakt.

Hey Larry - just out of curiosity, what are the reasons you prefer libraries to be Kontakt Player enabled? Is it the relative ease of browsing libraries in the left panel?

That's probably the main reason for me - that and that I sometimes forget about the non-Player libraries that I have because they're not listed.

38 minutes ago, antler said:

Hey Larry - just out of curiosity, what are the reasons you prefer libraries to be Kontakt Player enabled? Is it the relative ease of browsing libraries in the left panel?

That's probably the main reason for me - that and that I sometimes forget about the non-Player libraries that I have because they're not listed.

Yes Antler...that's the reason.  I want to be able to look over, and scroll down if necessary, to get to my libraries.
I'm not fond of having to open file manager, navigate to the library directory, open that, then open the instruments,
folder, and find what I'm looking for...so that's exactly the reason!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I chatted on their site and they stated that will not be making their products
Player compatible...

That doesn't bother me.  With all of the player libraries in Kontakt it's annoying to find anything.  I often drag a patch from the system folder most of the time.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

Yes Antler...that's the reason.  I want to be able to look over, and scroll down if necessary, to get to my libraries.
I'm not fond of having to open file manager, navigate to the library directory, open that, then open the instruments,
folder, and find what I'm looking for...so that's exactly the reason!

Have you looked into using the QuickLoad feature in Kontakt?  It is designed just for this.  It only takes a few minutes to build out, and it is a lifesaver.   I have everything in there now - I actually never look at the Library tab anymore.