Up to 80% off IK Multimedia Total Studio MAX 3.5 and Upgrades

cclarry

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

Checking what I already have it would add the following items for me...

1. Syntronik 2

. . .

While the comparison chart at IKM does indeed list Syntronik 2, the details at JRR mention Syntronik Deluxe (not Syntronik 2).  I seem to recall that for a limited time with the TS 3.5 purchase , the upgrade to Syntronik 2 was free (correct me if my memory is wrong)

So, as an owner of multiple Syntronik licenses (including multiple Syntronik Deluxe licenses plus Syntronik 2 CS, Syntronik 2 SE, Syntronik 2 V-80, and Syntronik 2 J-60), it is unclear that the TS3.5 upgrade would add anything to what I already have.

I have played with the new Syntronik 2 edit panel available for the Generation 2 Presets I have and really like it, especially the ability to layer up to four wavesets.

Based on my experience with GB25, I am unwilling to just assume that going to TS 3.5 via JRR will add additional Generation 2 Presets.  For all I know, the Syntronik 2 listed at IK only adds Generation 1 presets and maybe a selection of Generation 2 presets.

I am hoping that sooner or later IKM (1) will make all Syntronik Deluxe presets Generation 2 (or later), (2) will add more editing panels, (3) will add the ability to add user wavesets, and (4) will add the ability to use wavesets from different instruments in a single instrument.

UPDATE: Thanks to one of Larry's posts from November, I found this which includes (as Larry quoted):

For a limited time, purchasers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX will receive Syntronik 2 for FREE.

Edited by User 905133
to add more info; fixed typos; added clarifications
  • Thanks 1

Thanks  @User 905133 

Now you mention it I do recall that limited time deal for TS3.5 MAX to include Syntronik 2.

I also have Amplitube 5 standard (purchased on intro when it came out) and Amplitube 4 MAX (part of TS2 MAX) plus all of the artist collections included in TS 3.5 MAX.

When I select only Amplitube 5 MAX presets in Amplitube 5 I seem to be able to select any of them without any "missing gear" notifications so I wonder what the Amplitube 5 MAX upgrade would actually get me.

My revised TS3.5 MAX upgrade list for $99.99 would therefore be..

1. Syntronik 2

2.  Amplitube 5 MAX (though I already have 4 MAX and 5 Standard plus all of the artist collections included in 5 MAX) 

3. TASCAM tape collection

4. FAME Studio Reverb

I can't recall when I last used one of the other IKM tape models and I am hardly in need of another reverb so maybe I will wait and see what other offers come up in future and put the money towards EZ Drummer 3 upgrade.

Edited by ZincT
  • Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

99$ from TS 2 to 3.5! I should have waited to upgrade!

The IK Multimedia website is showing the upgrade from TS2 MAX as $199 and the upgrade price from TS3 MAX is $99.

Is JRR offering a discounted upgrade price on TS2 MAX?

TS3.5 Upgrade.jpg

14 minutes ago, Kal S said:

The IK Multimedia website is showing the upgrade from TS2 MAX as $199 and the upgrade price from TS3 MAX is $99.

Is JRR offering a discounted upgrade price on TS2 MAX?

I just logged into my IK account and sure enough, I only qualify for the $199 upgrade.

But the JRRshop link definitely offers it for $99. Is that an error, or will IK accept the upgrade code from JRR?

NOTE: I am adding some new information related to my previous post about the TS3.5 MAX upgrade from TS 2 MAX available from JRRShop for $99. I am neither encouraging others to purchase this nor discouraging others from purchasing it.  It may or may not meet others' needs and there might very well be a much better coming down the road.

But, after looking around on the IKM Site some more, I decided to take a chance based on my personal interest in wanting to create some quasi 4-layer presets in Syntronik 2.

I have just started poking around and wanted to share that:

• My Products now includes Syntronik 2 in addition to Syntronik 2 CS and Syntronik 2 SE which I had previously.
  • I now have SYN2 Instruments that I didn't have before.**  
  •  

I also have tons of stuff that I previously had (yes, more licenses than I will never use, unless I go through the trouble of transferring ones that are transferable).  I also have more gear that I will probably never use.

Again, I am not making any judgments about what others might want to do in terms of this purchasing this "Deal" or wating.  In light of my previous comments on the uncertainty about what Syntronik 2 upgrade I would get, I wanted to share these results.  

As usual, most of what I had previously now has renewed download expiration dates (180 days).

**IMPORTANT:  Since the TS 3.5 MAX upgrade does not include Syntronik 2 MAX (?yet?), the new SYN2 Instruments unique to Syntronik 2 MAX were not  included.  As for whether or not they will be included in TS 4 MAX (or later), your guess is probably better than mine.  😉 

Edited by User 905133
changes in the interest of clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Craig N said:

MODO Bass 2

Maybe there'll be a T-Racks 6 with the tapes and other new stuff (Tascam?) added. The Sunset Sound Studio and Fame reverbs are also considered T-Racks but not in any existing bundle. 

Anyone notice the email about this deal says crossgrade 199 but then the crossgrade is 399? And the crossgrade price is the same as the price for new customers? 

Tracks 6 with resizable GUI i would be up for.

Someone mentioned the yearly sales .vs just buying the update for MAX. To me it looks like the latter is the better deal. If I used my jam points  I could probably cut further into that 99.00 price. Not too shabby for what amounts to one of the most massive pretty much everything bundles to be had anywhere. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Someone mentioned the yearly sales .vs just buying the update for MAX. To me it looks like the latter is the better deal. If I used my jam points  I could probably cut further into that 99.00 price. Not too shabby for what amounts to one of the most massive pretty much everything bundles to be had anywhere. 

It definitely pays (i.e., saves) to wait for Studio Max sales. Stay away from the Group Buys.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:46 AM, cclarry said:

Syntronik 2 Max, SampleTron 2, is all I can think of [that could be added to TS4] right off the top of my head

The IK site shows SampleTron 2 is already included in TS3.5 though the JRR page does not.

I got just about everything included with TSM 3.5 that I didn't already have with TSM 2 during the last Group Buy, but there's enough here to make me jump:

Full MODO Drum 1.0,  SampleTron 2, Hammond B-3X and MixBox. These were all $199 products during the Group Buy, and I only bought in at $149 (ARC System 3 with MEMS) with a double-dip at $49 to get all the cheaper instruments and FX.

The Hammond B3X and the MixBox are excellent, and definitely nice to have!

I have found the MixBox great to have as a go-to for insert FX on virtual instrument channels. With 70 processors you can quickly add effects that are better than most on-board synth FX units. And having almost everything you could need available in that one rack provides for instant plug in chain options. Like having a monster FX pedalboard for non-guitar tracks! :)

The FX modules are based on T-RackS, Amplitube, and SampleTank.