Read this BEFORE you install the free flute from VSL

Olong Johnson

I got an email this morning from VSL for a free Fujara Flute. During the installation the Vienna Assistant also automatically updated Synchron Player. Now my entire VSL library is missing except for the flute. I found out after that the new version of Synchron Player - which is required for the flute - won't work with the eLicenser libraries (that require the USB dongle). I will either have to uninstall the flute and roll back to an earlier version of Synchron Player or reinstall my 400GB VSL library for the software-based iLok in order to be able to use the flute.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Olong Johnson said:

I got an email this morning from VSL for a free Fujara Flute. During the installation the Vienna Assistant also automatically updated Synchron Player. Now my entire VSL library is missing except for the flute. I found out after that the new version of Synchron Player - which is required for the flute - won't work with the eLicenser libraries (that require the USB dongle). I will either have to uninstall the flute and roll back to an earlier version of Synchron Player or reinstall my 400GB VSL library for the software-based iLok in order to be able to use the flute.

That was known when the iLok versions were released.  The new players Synchron and Vienna Instruments will not support elicenser.   Also Vienna Instruments Pro which is free is of no use if all of your libraries are Synchron.