Quick flag comp takes on the fly

Andres Medina

I wonder if this functionality has been requested.

Anyway, here it is:

Would be nice to have a way to quick-flag comp takes that you feel are best, right after pressing stop. I mean, using 1 click and it's flagged for future reference. When you make a bunch of takes is easy to get lost afterwards.

Additionally, not knowing if this is feasible from a programmer standpoint of view, would also be nice to be able to sort or filter those flagged takes when selecting the best takes.

Edited by Andres Medina

I find the easiest way to achieve this is:

1. Expand the take lanes before you start recording.
2. After clicking stop, just solo the take you want to "favourite"

Don't forget, there's always the notes area to the right of the MSR you can add to as well.

image.png.148a1ecf568e5c174b5694bf8cb74ffe.png

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Don't forget, there's always the notes area to the right of the MSR you can add to as well.

Thanks!

Yes, it will work fine to select one of the takes after recording.

However, I often I find myself recording performances in different parts of a song (i.e, Verse+Chorus), inside the same track, for a matter of speed in a session (say a vocal take). If I go ahead to a different section, the soloed track is not that useful because it would be preventing me from monitoring a new comp take.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again -

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Oh, I just read your last part, the notes area... THERE IS A NOTES AREA!! - This is new to me.

Good! Thanks.

Keep thinking that for capturing comp takes still there is room for improvement.  :) .

What about a new button with a flag or a color that you just click once to select the comp track (or three buttons color coded to quick mark a take with one clik), +  some system to sort or filter only the flagged takes?

Just dreaming -

Edited by Andres Medina