"On Your Way"

bats brew

20 hours ago, Grem said:

It does come across Bat. Do you use loops or a drum program loops, like EZd, or ADD2.

But if you don't want to talk about it, I can understand!! LOL : )

grem,

this particular drum track was created using Sony Acid.

typically, i use Superior Drummer 3 for all my current drum tracks.

i use a live drummer whenever i can

23 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Bat

Like this a lot - reminds me a bit in places, especially the vocals, of some vintage Wishbone Ash, which in my book is a very good thing!!

Good stuff

Nigel

wow, hadn't thought about wishbone ash in a long time....i used to have a couple of albums by them, good band

thanks nigel

23 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Exactly my thoughts when I listened to it ! 

Really good song @batsbrew - my only comment would be to make the vocals a bit more "present".  They sound fantastic, but on headphones sound a bit boxed in - maybe because they're in mono. Level wise they're spot on, but I feel they should be more "in your face".

But to be honest, I feel like I'm being picky. It's really excellent as it is.

vocals more present, check!

i was worried about sibilance , from adding that aggressive limiting amplifier effect..

the lead is mono, but i have 6-8 harmony parts that are all panned hard left and right,

so there SHOULD be a strong stereo mix effect on the backups..

23 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Exceptional quality in the song, arrangement, performance and recording.

🙂John B

thanks so much john b, appreciate it

On 6/14/2019 at 10:36 AM, SPAK said:

OK Bat, first off I'm finding it hard to explain what I'm hearing / or not hearing, cause this bit off work is so fukn good it keeps putting me off my Tech head, the whole song is exiting and takes me back to the old days of cider and smoke, shut my eyes click of the heals ...I'm there.

I see from the EQ it seems to be addressing the bit where I would have thought there might be something missing .. but no, so I'm unsure how any of my tech comments could help, but .. It's kinda like getting a CD of an LP you had and hearing how clean the CD is, sort of, not feeling the warmth ....

Steve

i dig that you are looking to help me improve the mix,

and i'm looking for some 'warmth' that i missed on some of the tracks...

i HAVE found some freqs on certain parts, that i can add some richness into, without adding mud.

sometimes the choices of thinner tracks is in the overall clarity of a track,

but it's good to get different perspectives all the same.

20 minutes ago, batsbrew said:

i dig that you are looking to help me improve the mix,

and i'm looking for some 'warmth' that i missed on some of the tracks...

i HAVE found some freqs on certain parts, that i can add some richness into, without adding mud.

sometimes the choices of thinner tracks is in the overall clarity of a track,

but it's good to get different perspectives all the same.

I'm glad you get what I said and wasn't offended, I really couldn't do the work you do ... the song is great the way it is but if you discovered a warmer feeling from the mix and feel it could benefit by adjusting some frequencies ( without mud ... and that's hard  ) I'd love to hear a remix. I remind you it seems to be only me that feels a little work is still required so .....

Best wishes Bat

Steve

10 hours ago, gtrpastor said:

Hmm...track not found... Maybe I'll try back later. 

sorry pastor,

i took this down 5 days ago.

when i'm actively working on a mix, i get some ideas from folks, and quickly move on to the next mix.

i've finished re-mixing this one already, but have started mixing a new song, which i will post soon...